PDA

View Full Version : Important Feats for Swordsages

Dhavaer
2007-09-27, 10:07 PM
Adaptive Style is pretty much mandatory for Swordsages, I know that. But how urgently do they need it? A non-human swordsage gets only one feat at first level, and I'm not sure whether Shadow Blade or Adaptive Style would be better. The other one wouldn't be taken until level 6, because they get access to Weapon Finesse at level 3.

Darrin
2007-09-27, 10:39 PM
Adaptive Style is pretty much mandatory for Swordsages, I know that. But how urgently do they need it? A non-human swordsage gets only one feat at first level, and I'm not sure whether Shadow Blade or Adaptive Style would be better. The other one wouldn't be taken until level 6, because they get access to Weapon Finesse at level 3.

You can generally put off Adaptive Style to 3rd or 6th because the SwordSage starts out with so many maneuvers, and at lower levels combat doesn't last long enough to worry too much about refreshing.

So you'll probably get more mileage out of Shadow Blade at 1st and Weapon Finesse at 3rd.

The Mormegil
2007-09-28, 03:32 AM
I like TWFing with Shadow Blade... And possibly Swashbuckler 3! Mix with X blades and TC manoeuvres... Death!

KIDS
2007-09-28, 06:55 AM
I would rather take improved initiative, honestly. Adaptive style is good but not necessary at low levels, and shadow blade is...well, some damage, but you need to hit first, and if you're relying on weapon finesse to help you at lvl 3, you could use attacking flatfooted enemies instead.

Fax Celestis
2007-09-28, 10:40 AM
I would rather take improved initiative, honestly. Adaptive style is good but not necessary at low levels, and shadow blade is...well, some damage, but you need to hit first, and if you're relying on weapon finesse to help you at lvl 3, you could use attacking flatfooted enemies instead.

Swordsages already get Quick to Act. Beating your opponent's Init by 7 is pretty much going to have the same effect as beating his Init by 3.