PDA

View Full Version : End of the World IC

Bladehunter217
2019-02-25, 01:20 PM
Seglavis, an ancient city showing many buildings of clay rather than the stone masonry standard across the empire. Few historians theorize on the origin of Seglavis but all agree it was not originally of Tyrian engineering and thus wonder upon who built it. No more than 130 miles from the wall, Seglavis is a major trading stop between the Brothers and rest of the nation. Intense amounts of arms and food travel through the city. Because of such things, Seglavis has grown to be one of the largest cities in Tyr. The five of you all find yourselves in Seglavis, browsing through shops and getting drinks near the east gate. The city is bustling at the very least, people line the streets and almost all shops are perpetually cramped. Voices ring out in all directions in every language imaginable, from what you see, this city is clearly well over the population it is build to handle.

Being a large trade hub, Seglavis is a common city for those who need extra work; there are always bandits preying on the weak or wealthy, there are always villagers from the surrounding area afraid of wild animals who try to find funds to hire someone to deal with them.

You find yourself in a relatively nice establishment, a small kitchen butting up to a side street with tables and benches spilling out onto the street. Posters with images of different Viol line the walls, indicating values you could be payed for each one. In the restaurant with you are 8 legionnaires wearing their lorica with a gladius at their side, they all seem relaxed and two are chatting with a server, some papers changing hands. Each of you sits somewhere amongst the packed place, drinks and food in front of you.

Asking literally anyone on the street will show a general retired named Greis leads as magistrate to the city. There are 30 members of the council and all meetings are open to public.

Feel free to include how long you've been in town and why, might come into play later.

And yes, I am feeling lazy on getting you in the same place, I was going to talk with each of you one on one about why you would be here and then write separate IC locations for you and gently nudge things along but I felt lazy.

Hypersmith
2019-02-25, 03:48 PM
Rudal Accrudian (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1836830)
Lvl 3 Paladin Oath of the Crown | HP 33/33 | AC 20
Rather tall for a tiefling, Rudal takes a moment to drink in his surroundings, then look down at his fist and count the last few coins he had remaining and sigh. He had just arrived to the town, and it was visible to the observant bystander. The dirt of the road still fresh on his boots and a deep seated weariness underlines everything he does for the moment. His weapons and armor are well taken care of, carrying the oily sheen of nightly care. For the moment though, the halberd is leaned to the side, and the flail remains tucked neatly into place on his belt.

He slip the coinage away into a pouch, thin tapering tail reflexively pushing the handle of his flail away to ease his movements as he does so. He picks up his cup and drink deeply before starting his meal, looking up at the room around him between bites. The legionnaires hold his attention for the most part. He had served young, and was done with it for the foreseeable future. Still, it interested him what might have been. All the same, he averts his eyes sooner rather than later. His red skin and horns could be reason enough to cause trouble this near to the walls.

Thinking of them - Rudal stands with his plate to get a closer look at the monsters listed and their bounties. It wouldn't hurt to make some coin on the side while he was here. Besides, if his plan to continue towards the brotherhood was successful, he would need to face the monsters. Experience now could only help.

TheAxeman
2019-02-25, 07:21 PM
Shah Jawaar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837113)
Valor Bard Lvl 3 | HP 33/33 | AC 17
Shah just got to Seglavis this morning after traveling for some days. He was pleased with the sight of a bustling town with so much opportunity and commerce. Getting hungry Shah went to the restaurant that looks like it was the most full, just as a fisherman throws his net in the water where the most birds dive. He sat down and digested his surroundings clocking the Red-Horned Tiefling looking at posters and the large half orc. After finishing his meal Shah leaves coin on the table and walks over to the legionnares thanking them for their service. He then heads to the posters next to the Teifling, not being able to help his social nature he says
Which one of these things is the hardest to kill?

JacksPC
2019-02-25, 08:44 PM
td]Xitrix (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837554)
Lvl 3 Barbarian Totem Warrior | HP 48/48 | AC 18

During her trip to find allies against the Viol Xitrix was directed to Seglavis. Noticing the types of wares in the small shops at the outposts she saw along the way, Xitrix hunted on her way to Seglavis, accumulating a small number of pelts and hides.

Xitrix has been in the city for a few days acclimating herself to the strange bustle of so many people in such a small space. Quickly finding that the costs in the city outpaced her meager savings and eager to adjust to this strange new environment, Xitrix stops to admire posters of Viol along the walls of an establishment and thinks to herself:

They will pay me to kill Viol! This is perfect! But how does it work...

Elated by this discovery but unsure how such things are handled, Xitrix buys a mug of the local ale and a kebab of some meat she'd rather not know the origins of and seats herself at a table to observe. She sees an unlikely pair strike up a conversation and tries to unobtrusively listen in... [/td][/tr][/table]

Hypersmith
2019-02-26, 12:02 AM
Rudal sizes up the newcomer, blue skin and fishy ears in stark contrast to his own. He raises an eyebrow at the intrusion, but replies all the same. It's only polite. "I'm not sure. I would assume the rewards are a good metric to measure by. You're new to this?"
He turns to face him as he speaks, still holding his plate.

What monsters/rewards are listed?

TheAxeman
2019-02-26, 12:53 AM
Valor Bard Lvl 3 | HP 33/33 | AC
Shah takes in the full aesthetic of the Tiefling before him, sharp features, but plain brown eyes. Shah turns to him and replies
That's an interesting point, but does something's price immediately determine it's worth?

Are there any images on the posters Shah would recognize? Specifically nautical monsters of legends, or Sirens.

Hypersmith
2019-02-26, 02:04 AM
The Tiefling smiles wryly, peering curiously at the Triton.
"It determines what it's worth to others. I'm glad you make the distinction, however slight it may seem. Care for a drink? I'm afraid all I can offer is my companionship, but if you'll take it I'm sure we can determine a bounty that won't send us to our graves."

Bladehunter217
2019-02-26, 08:15 AM
One of the legionnaires glances over at the trio and chuckles, slapping his neighbor on the shoulder. "Look at these sods; which one is hardest to kill? It's like they think they have a chance out there. Just stick with the smallest tainted things you can find." He chuckles until the one talking to the server punches him in the back of the head. "Shove it fish, they're doing your job for you so its in your best interest to let them." He turned to you and gives a short nod. "These ones are freshest and come from the legion direct. Most on the wall are things that have no full report, they're drawing made from descriptions of terrified people and we have no idea how accurate they are. My suggestion is dealing with the Hunters first." He hands over a couple copies of a report with a drawing of a small six legged centipede like human with two sets of arms coming from their shoulders. There are a few details and drawn maps describing where it was spotted, by which cohort and how much it was worth per creature slain. 20 gold per hunter in this case. With a second look at the wall, you notice that many of the posters show a map, a poorly drawn map and no reward.

1. None of the Viol seem waterborn, you are too far from the sea for them to make much of an appearance so they don't bother including them.
2. Would you mind not including the pictures, on my phone they're thumbnails which is fine but on my computer they stretch to fit which makes Rudal's head almost 6 inches tall. Little distracting and makes all the posts weirdly sized.
3. There are a lot of posters that don't just show nonsense. Stuff for oozes, dire animals and zombies are the most common with rewards anywhere from 3sp to 15 gp each.

JacksPC
2019-02-26, 09:03 AM
td]Xitrix (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837554)

Feeling slightly insulted and self-conscious from the Legionnaires judgement, Xitrix is surprised to find herself handed a copy of the report but decides to go with it. She is impressed with the ease of the conversation of the tiefling and triton and they seem a cut above the rest of the occupants of the inn.

"I would be honored to join in cleansing the land of these foul creatures. " Looking to the Tiefling and Triton she says "I am Xitrix from the western forests. Will you accept my assistance?"

Does Xitrix know anything of areas on the map or hunters/large centipedes in general?
[roll0] Nature check

sandmote
2019-02-26, 09:13 AM
Appearing from behind some others in the inn, an short, slight human woman in heavy armor appears. "These are the the ones you recommend for anyone wishing to fight?" She takes one of the reports on the hunters and peers at it.

Awful
2019-02-26, 10:09 AM
The esteemed Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima

Not far away from the noble-blooded tiefling and the triton was a noble of a far different sort.

Indeed, the Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima appeared his opposite in any way you cared to look at it. She was short and slender, clad in a luxurious looking red coat, tall riding boots and breeches - all spotlessly clean. Her youthful features were vaguely bored-looking as she sipped at heavily watered wine.

A large red-feathered hawk was seated on her shoulder, looking almost oversized compared to its dimutive master.

She glanced around. She'd need others if she intended to hunt Viol: for all her arcane might going alone would be foolish. A group seemed to be forming discussing hunting: the tiefling... She was pretty sure she'd heard of him.

Hypersmith
2019-02-26, 12:25 PM
Rudal offers a graceful nod to the helpful server as he accepts the sheet. He ignores the legionnaires jabs, instead handing a sheet to the rising half-orc.
"Thank you. I'm glad to see enthusiasm for the task - for the moment, these Hunters are most likely the best target. Xitrix."
He extends a hand, looking up at her undaunted. "My name is Rudal. Ex - legionnaire from a line of Viol hunters. I would be glad to fight beside you - but let us not be overeager. I would appreciate the chance to rest before I leave the city once again."

Bladehunter217
2019-02-26, 02:31 PM
They are the most recent ones seen so the most likely to be found where we think they are. I have no idea how difficult to kill they are, our cohort has seen several of these creatures only yesterday and they are likely still in the area. He turns and gets his squad moving, heading to the next shop they are putting up notices in.

Looking closer at the map, it is easy to tell where it points, it contains a rough outline of Seglavis and the road leading into it as a starting point, it includes an arrow pointing from the northern gate and circle of a portion of the Steel mountains. The map can easily show a child to within a few miles of where the creatures were spotted. A note in the corner mentions its about a 3 hour hike. As you discuss plans, the restaurant crowds up even more, people standing at tables and sitting on the floor when chairs run out. With so many people chatting, some begin to shout to be heard over the roar of voices.

Several people have taken papers from the wall and left the building without getting food.

JacksPC
2019-02-26, 04:09 PM
Xitrix (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837554)

Gratefully shaking Rudals hand, Xitrix is pleased to have her overture accepted and elated to have found someone with experience hunting Viol, she resolves to speak with him more about his experiences if the opportunity presents itself. Not agreeing with his suggestion of waiting, but also not willing to press the matter too hard at this time.

Turning to the short slight woman in heavy armor that has walked up, she holds out her hand and introduces herself, having to shout over the growing din,

"Greetings, I am Xitrix, do you also seek to hunt Viol? This bounty appears to be only a few hours away."

Xitrix takes note of the garishly dressed elf at a nearby table that has been staring at them for a few minutes and nods to her small group, attempting to get their attention and point out their observer.

TheAxeman
2019-02-26, 04:22 PM
Shah smiles as he's done what he does best. A single sentence has brought all sorts together. He pulls his flute out and plays a high A pitch very loud to gather everyone's attention.
This restaurant is too loud for discussing plans. If you wish to hunt Viol with Rudal, Xitrix, and I, Shah Jawaar. Join me outside!

Shah leaves the establishment and stops just outside the door.

Hypersmith
2019-02-26, 06:39 PM
Busy finishing his meal and staring at the map, Rudal doesn't take notice of the elf - or the others who grab a poster and leave - until Xitrix nudges him. He recognizes the cut of the collar, the style of boot. High fashion. What someone who cared about those things was doing in a rowdy place like this he had no clue. He makes cautious eye contact and nods a wary greeting before Shah's sharp call to action. With that, he gathers his equipment and joins him outside.
"No rest for the wicked, Eh?"

sandmote
2019-02-26, 07:53 PM
Thesot follows Shah and Rudal out, looking out at the people around her. "I do hope you don't mind me tagging along? At the least I'll be of use if anyone is injured."

TheAxeman
2019-02-26, 07:57 PM
Shah Jawaar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1836830)
Shah smiles.
Of course! The more the merrier!
Shah gives a deep bow,
Shah Jawaaar, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

JacksPC
2019-02-26, 08:53 PM

Xitrix follows the group outside

Replying to Thesot "That would be greatly appreciated! I wish I'd had a healer when I ran into..."Xitrix launches into a tale about a boar she was hunting that got too close and proudly shows the impressive scar running nearly all the way up the outside of one quad

Bladehunter217
2019-02-27, 02:56 PM
With a few words from some of the other Viol chasers in the street, the group leaves the city and begins the trek towards the mountains. Almost immediately you start seeing refuges, telltale signs of sacks overladen with belongings and large groups walking together with a wagons every now and again. There must be a few hundred people walking the road, mostly human and elf. As you approach, they move to the farthest side of the road, some walking on the grass. As the refugees approach the city, they spread around, sitting on grass and stone surrounding it while legionnaires march towards them.

sandmote
2019-02-27, 03:00 PM
As they walk, Thesot looks thoroughly impressed. "I've never fought one of the boars I'd run into. Still, eat well and it'll heal up wonderfully." Turning back to Shah, she continues, "I am Thesot Treeshade, pleased to meet you."

Sorry, bad timing

Awful
2019-02-27, 06:19 PM
The esteemed Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837035)
Level 3 Lore Master Wizard | HP: 24/24 | AC17 (Mage Armour)

As Rudal had made eye contact, Maecilia had risen and made her way over to the group, introducing herself with a droll:
"Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima. Charmed."
The young elf's voice was high and musical, unmistakably accented with the patrician tinge of the upper crust, and the tone was vaguely amused - as if she was in on a joke that the others in the conversation were not.
Now, as they made their way through the throng of refugees, the fashionably dainty high elf cut quite a contrast from where she sat side-saddle on her mare. Her hawk had taken off, and was circling high overhead - a steady lookout for any potential trouble that might be coming up.

Nobility rarely remained so if it was careless.

The mage was quiet for the moment, however, seemingly content to ride along in silence.

Mae's familiar is circling up above, keeping an eye out for any potential trouble.
Passive perception 14, +4 and advantage if it needs to make a check.

Hypersmith
2019-02-27, 09:54 PM
Rudal extends a firm handshake and welcoming smile to the human.
"Of course. We'd be insane to turn down a healer while out hunting."

He gestures at Xitrix's scar with upturned hand.
"We're dealing with a lot more than boars after all."

Even as the group he moves, he keeps an eye on the silent high elf - Felicissima family. It was awkward, her on her horse while the rest cleared a path through the noontime rush. Most people step barely out of the way of horns and a halberd. With a group as varied as it was and a horse at their backs, it was easier going. Or at least it seemed that way. For the moment, he is content to listen to the conversation.

TheAxeman
2019-02-27, 10:19 PM
Shah Jawaar (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1836830)
Shah looks around happily at this quickly formed group of associates and says
How about a tune for our journey?
Shah pulls out his flute and plays the tune to "Under The Sea" from the Little Mermaid. As they walk along Shah leans and bows towards the refugees they pass, in a polite way.

JacksPC
2019-02-28, 06:44 PM

While walking with the group along the road,

Xitrix pauses to ask a passing refuge (one that she thinks wouldn't find her too intimidating) what they are fleeing from.

"What put you out of your home and onto this road?"

Awful
2019-03-01, 06:08 PM
The esteemed Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837035)

Maecilia Vitalis could feel the gaze of the tiefling flicking to her as she rode. He would have nearly a foot and a half of height on her, were she tramping along the ground like a peasant. As it were, the height of her steed elevated her.
"So tell me, Accrudian," Maecilia said lightly, when she felt the man's eyes upon her again. "Do you tend to go by a title, or did you abandon that while in the Legion? It would not do to be improper, of course."

Hypersmith
2019-03-02, 02:04 PM
Rudal stiffens at the sound of his family name, pausing for a moment before narrowing his eyes at the elf. His wariness is clear in his voice, and he unconsciously shifts his grip on the halberd.
"Rudal. My name, Felicissima, requires no titles. If you're following to attempt to pry why I choose to do so from me, I'm afraid I'll need to advise you to turn about now. Proper manners and court fashion will fade quickly in this cursed hunt."

sandmote
2019-03-02, 03:10 PM
Thesot rolls her eyes at the tiff between the nobles. "Now, now, save it for the beasts and monsters." She then turns to focus on Maecilia. "You can argue on the right way to act in a city when you're in the baths. Your ladyship," she adds with a slight smirk.

Awful
2019-03-03, 09:30 AM
The exceptional Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837035)

"My, my."
Maecilia let out a small chuckle.
"Prying? Perish the thought. Courtesy is an important part of what separates us-" she gestured towards the group, then swung her arm out to indicate the direction where the Viol lurked. "-from the beasts out there, don't you think?"
She smiled languidly.
"I simply made an innocent inquiry to Rudal as to what would be proper - I would not want to be rude, considering his... family circumstances."

Hypersmith
2019-03-03, 02:30 PM
Rudal looks straight forward, purpously avoiding the gazes of his companions by focusing on the refugees around them.
"I have my pride. As I'm sure you and your family do. Do you care to continue?"

Awful
2019-03-03, 07:03 PM
The enchanting Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837035)

Mae waved her hand airily.

"My question seems to have been answered." she purred. "You may consider the matter dropped, if it discomforts you."

Hypersmith
2019-03-05, 10:15 AM

Rudal grunts non-committally, looking instead to the road and refugees.

Bladehunter217
2019-03-08, 11:45 AM
Maecilia
From its vantage point high in the air, your hawk clearly sees several columns of smoke in the distance, whatever they are, they are too large to be from campfires. One of the braver one looks at you and gestures behind him, the same direction as the smoke.

All
Something isn't quite right as the villages spread around you. Their eyes are downcast and the children hide behind their parents, squeezing their eyes shut. As any of you try to talk to them, they shift away. A few not at Thesot but don't come any closer. As you walk, behind you camps begin to be set up and legionaries walk between them, helping any having difficulty. Not long after you crest the hill and the camp leaves sight, another group of refugees comes out of the nearby forest, sprinting and screaming.

sandmote
2019-03-08, 08:19 PM
Thesot draws her mace and makes a beeline in the direction the refugees are coming from. "Sounds like whatever they're running from is close!"

JacksPC
2019-03-09, 09:14 AM
A wide grin spreads across Xitrix's tusked face as she anticipates her first chance to strike against the Viol.

While her companions are newly met, she still wouldn't want one of her newly adopted pack to go into harms way unaided. With a deep inhale of air into her powerful lungs, she checks that her Javelins are in place on her back and hefts her Greataxe and sets off in long loping strides behind Thesot.

Awful
2019-03-09, 06:21 PM
The astounding Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837035)

"There's smoke in the distance. Far too much for a few little campfires. Why, I do believe the Viol have been up mischief," Maecilia said offhandedly, spurring her horse to trot behind the warriors now charging towards the direction the refugees were fleeing from.

Take a look, closer. Careful now, my darling, she told her familiar telepathically, and obediently, the enbodied spirit spread its hawk's-wings and glided towards the smoke, keeping aware of any trouble.

She lifted a finger and sparks briefly billowed into a flame before they disappeared. The young-looking elf smiled.
"Time for you all to test your mettle, it seems."

Mae's familiar will fly towards the location of the smoke, keeping an eye out below for any trouble. If it spots Viol, it will return and report what it saw,
Passive perception 14, +4 and advantage if it needs to make a check.
It will take the evade action as it flies, giving disadvantage on any attacks.

Hypersmith
2019-03-09, 11:08 PM
The movements to protect others come naturally - Rudal hefts his pike, peering in the direction the screaming villagers came from as he follows Thesot.
"Careful healer. We aren't sure what we're up against."

TheAxeman
2019-03-09, 11:14 PM
Shah stops playing as the tone of the group has shifted to battle very quickly. As he takes note of this he unsheathes his great sword and places it cooly on his shoulder, and picks up the pace behind Rudal and passing Thesot.
Things are about to get interesting aye?

sandmote
2019-03-10, 12:40 AM
Thesot lets Rudal pass her, but keeps moving toward the source of the panic (and presumably the treeline). "I'd prefer things stayed boring, but it looks late for that," she replies to Shah.

Awful
2019-03-10, 07:50 PM
The wonderful Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837035)

The Lady Maecilia Vitalis raised a delicate eyebrow at Thesot's comment.
"Oh? Viol-hunter would seem rather the wrong job for those preferring a excitement-free life."

sandmote
2019-03-10, 10:01 PM
"Excitement-free?" A look of bewilderment crosses her face, then understanding. "I think hunting Viol is exciting enough without having refugees caught in the middle. Besides, I'm not hunting them for the excitement."

Hypersmith
2019-03-10, 10:27 PM
Rudal, a little ahead of the others, takes the opportunity to privately roll his eyes and mutter under his breath about nobility. As the treeline nears, the muttering turns more focused, and he briefly frees a hand to touch the amulet around his throat and look into the darkness ahead.

Once within meleeish range of the treeline, going to use 1 divine sense to locate any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of Rudal.

Bladehunter217
2019-03-11, 07:47 AM
As you head towards the treeline, you can see around 30 refugees 200 or so feet away. As you get closer, you start to smell something rotten and hear a low rumble. Three creatures leap from the forest. Two of them look somewhat like dogs but are covered in scales, have two heads and three tails. The last creature is a humanoid so hunched with such long arms that its elbows nearly touch the creature's knees. The humanoid is covered in a sheen of muck and leaves a trail of it as it walks. The dogs leap onto a couple of the refugees and bite at their necks.

Few details to work out quick.
Roll Init, you'll be needing it.
29 civies around yet, hopefully you can keep them alive.

TheAxeman
2019-03-11, 03:13 PM
Valor Bard Lvl 3 | HP 33/33 | AC 17 17[/SIZE]
Shah's expression quickly moves from excited to concentration. His brow tightens and his sword is ready. He shouts
Protect the Refugees! This is our fight now!

Initiative Roll: [roll0]

JacksPC
2019-03-11, 06:49 PM

With a savage howl ripping forth from deep within her chest, Xitrix lopes forward in a rage to close the distance with the unnatural beasts.

Howl is attempt to draw attention away from refugees.
Xitrix will rage as a bonus action, allies with advantage on melee attacks on hostile creatures within 5' of her.
Xitrix will take a dash action to move 60' closer, she's curious if she's within range of her Javelin 120' but doubts it

Hypersmith
2019-03-12, 06:12 AM
Wordlessly, Rudal joins the charge, tip of the pike held low to impale as he closes the distance between the monsters and himself. It was well within his power to save these people, but this was truly where having a well trained steed could make the crucial difference is saving a few who could fall while he ran.
This was no time to lament, but the thought still crosses his mind as he continues to close the gap.

60ft movement after dash.

sandmote
2019-03-12, 04:08 PM
lv 3 Nature Domain Cleric | HP 36/36 | AC 21

Thesot dashes along with the party while trying to draw the attention of the Viol. "Hey! Over here!"

TheAxeman
2019-03-12, 05:49 PM
Shah will dash 60' towards Rudal and as a bonus action cast Bardic Inspiration on Rudal. At the end of his turn he will draw his heavy crossbow.
Rudal! Strike fast and hard. These dogs need to be leashed!

Shah is a Valor Bard so you can use his inspiration to add a d6 to one of the following things:
Saving Throw
Attack roll
Ability Check
Damage Roll
AND as a REACTION you can add a d6 to your AC against an attack.

Bladehunter217
2019-03-13, 10:05 AM
As you rush down the hill, the dogs continue their feast, leaping onto two more civilians. Their jaws tear into necks and shoulders, the people dropping to the ground, trying to kick them off. Not even a few seconds pass before their struggles cease and the beasts look onto their next victims. The slimy humanoid rushes forward, nearly disappearing in the crowd.

27 civvies
Slimo had half cover from your position.

Bladehunter217
2019-03-13, 01:16 PM
The civilians continue to rush towards you, a couple of men holding back, trying to keep the creatures busy with sticks. One of them managing a light swat at one of the dog's faces. No one from the group seems to notice the slimy humanoid amongst them.

Don't Campaign half asleep at work kids, gets you making mistakes.
Up is Maecilia then the first 4 again then mobs.

Awful
2019-03-13, 06:00 PM
The fearsome Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837035)

The elven noble had prepared herself for battle, or so she'd thought, but her eyes widened at the sudden abrupt violence of the Viol. Fleeing refugees screamed as monsters dragged them down and sent blood splattering in savage arcs. For a heartbeat, Maecilia hesitated, her own pulse already starting to quicken.

Only a second had passed, but it struck Maecilia that her companions had already begun to charge towards the enemy.
W-well, that was fine; they had to form the front line, anyway! With a sharp application of spurs, she began to canter towards the enemy.
The dogs were demonic, but dogs nonetheless - the real threat was the muddy humanoid, it's capabilities unknown.

She called the magic to herself, bending the world to her whim. Three golden slivers appeared above her palm.

As soon as she was in range, she barked: "Sagitta Cantata!"

With a bright flash, the magic missiles fired forth, unerringly seeking the target, even as she backed her horse away from the Viol.

Maecilia prepares a lvl 1 Magic missile to cast at the muddy humanoid, automatically hitting for
3 x [roll0] =9 Force damage.

Maecilia's horse takes the Dash action to move 80ft forward to trigger Maecilia's prepared action, then moves 20ft back.

Hypersmith
2019-03-13, 07:52 PM
Spurred by the sight of battle breaking out, Rudal raises his halberd above his head as he continues to charge. He inhales deeply to project a cutting tone across to the fleeing party.
"To me! Retreat to me, and protection!"

The benefit of the legion was that most of these people should still have ingrained in them the memory of some seargent screaming commands, and hopefully their muscles would work when their minds were panicked, if only because of those distant memories. Still, he runs full tilt, gleaming halberd above him. Perhaps a banner of his own would be attached it once day, to further inspire allies and project hope to the needy. For today, his own red flesh would do. Once the distance was closed, these people would come to no more harm.

JacksPC
2019-03-13, 08:21 PM

Spurred on by Rudal's rousing words, she sees that the beasts are savaging the hapless refugees. Moving forward she still has ground to cover and couldn't reach the refugees quickly enough. Desperately she pulls a Javelin from her back and takes aim at the nearest unnatural dog, lets the Javelin fly with a mighty throw. It whistles through the air towards the abomination...

30' move towards refugees and Javelin Attack at nearest dog, disadvantage at the ~90' range

Attacks with disadvantage
[roll0]
[roll1]
Damage if hit
[roll2]

TheAxeman
2019-03-13, 08:36 PM
Shah will run 30 feet towards the conflict and moved by Rudal's words yells to Xitrix giving her bardic inspiration.
Xitrix! Cut down these mongrels! Bring fury upon their neck!

Brining his crossbow up Shah aims at the same dog Xitrix threw her javelin towards and fires.
first roll: [roll0]
With disadvantage: [roll1]
For damage: [roll2]
Shah is a Valor Bard so you can use his inspiration to add a d6 to one of the following things:
Saving Throw
Attack roll
Ability Check
Damage Roll
AND as a REACTION you can add a d6 to your AC against an attack.

sandmote
2019-03-14, 08:36 AM
lv 3 Nature Domain Cleric | HP 36/36 | AC 21

Thesot grimaces and charges with Rudal, murmuring curses about her skill with crossbows and the ranges of cantrips.

Bladehunter217
2019-03-15, 10:56 AM
A dog yelps as a crossbow bolt buries its into the creatures side and a javelin lands just shy. It charges forward into the group of refugees and takes a large bite from one man's back. The other leapt at a woman and took a chunk from her side. Their screams mask the growls of the beasts and panic the rest of the crowd who run in all directions. The small oily creature spreads its arms wide and tears into two people's necks, nearly ripping their heads off. It moves towards your group, muttering and rubbings its hands together. Oil drips from its claws and falls to the ground, a putrid stench reaching you halfway up the hill.

25 left
Hounds are about 90 feet from you, slimo is about 70. Civvies are between 50 and 130 feet away, spread wide.

Hypersmith
2019-03-15, 07:57 PM
Rudal tuts as the group of people scatter oblivious to his words. Still he charges, ducking past fleeing civilians and finally closing the distance between himself and the oily creature - it was well within reach of his pike now. As he grinds to a halt, breathing heavily, he straightens his back and seeks eye contact with the creature.
"I am your opponent."
Despite the simple challenge, his regal bearing and upturned hand impart weight to the words. For a moment, his eyes shine with the glow of the magic behind them.

range 30, concentration 1 minute
A creature you can see makes a Wisdom save. If they fail, they have disadvantage when attacking a creature besides you, and they must pass a Wisdom save to move more than 30 feet from you. They only have to pass the save once in order to move freely for the rest of their turn.

If you try to harm any creature besides the target, if a friendly creature tries to harm the target, or if you end your turn more than 30 feet away from the target, the spell ends.
dash 60 ft, bonus action compelled duel. Oily should be within opportunity attack range.

JacksPC
2019-03-15, 11:11 PM

Further enraged by the wanton slaughter before her and accepting that she would better serve these folk with her axe than her javelins, Xitrix bellows "Destroy the putrid one!" as she dashes forward with Rudal, passing some panic stricken refugees and feeling comfort that now she stands betwen them and the Viol.

A strange courage from Shah's words flows through her and she tightens her grip on her axe until her knuckles show white and resolves not to miss her mark again.

Awful
2019-03-16, 06:37 PM
The incandescent Lady Maecilia Vitalis Felicissima (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1837035)

Maecilia bit back a wince at more of the refugees being messily introduced to the two-headed hounds. The others seemed to be aiming for the muddy monster; hopefully the tiefling's challenge would draw its attention. Therefore, the most immediate threat to the people around was...

"Telum Ignis!"

She pointed a finger, and a bright bolt of golden flame fired out the end of it with a sharp retort, aiming to scorch the already injured beast.

Maecilia launches a firebolt at the wounded dog:
[roll0] to hit, [roll1] fire damage on hit, with an additional [roll2] on crit

TheAxeman
2019-03-18, 09:52 PM
Shah will run 30 feet towards the slime creature.
Take this Mutt!

Brining his crossbow up Shah aims at the same dog he shot before. At the end of his turn he will put his crossbow away.
first roll:[roll0]
For damage: [roll1]