PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Magic Item Help

Pipquake
2019-02-25, 03:32 PM
I am playing a series of 5 games in Ravnica from another player while our DM is away for private reasons. I'm playing as a level 14 Chaotic Evil Human Lore Bard and Ringmaster of Rakdos! My character focuses on enchantment, evocation, with a sprinkle of necromancy/conjuration.

The spells my character will mostly use is Summon Greater Demons, Animate Dead, and Fireball.

That all being said, our DM gave us a choice from any Very Rare, Rare, and Uncommon items (1 of each).

What you recommend in this scenario? I have some ideas but I love corroboration.

Silkensword
2019-02-25, 03:34 PM
Are you looking for pure power or for thematic stuff too?

Rukelnikov
2019-02-25, 03:36 PM
If you wanna cheese it (and it sounds like you do), get the Mizzium Apparatus, expertise in Arcana, and dip 1 level in whichever class you want access to the full spell slist, stupidly broken

Pipquake
2019-02-25, 03:40 PM
Are you looking for pure power or for thematic stuff too?

I do like cheese don't get me wrong but by all means suggest thematic stuff as well as broken stuff. I'd love to hear it all from anyone. Character creation is easily my favorite part of D&D :P

Silkensword
2019-02-25, 03:55 PM
For raw power, you can nab a staff of power as your very rare item, it effectively mitigates your lack of spell slots as a warlock and comes with a lot of fun stuff attached. I'll have another look at my list for some more thematic stuff later.

Pipquake
2019-02-25, 04:06 PM
...as a warlock...

I think you might have misread, I'm playing as a bard.

Silkensword
2019-02-25, 04:08 PM
I think you might have misread, I'm playing as a bard.

.... I am very smart,

I see summon demon spells, I think warlock. I need to do some class sensitivity training...