PDA

View Full Version : Need help with spell selection.

Throne12
2019-02-25, 03:39 PM
So party is gnome assassin rogue, Aasimar Samurai fighter, shifter whisper bard, half orc 4 elements monk special str build. Then me we started at lv3 and after last night we leveled up. So I asked if I could change my spell selection DM oked. My selection before change is

Cantrip
Firebolt, mage hand, minor illusion

1st
Magic missile, unseen servant, find familiar, absorb element, detect magic, fog cloud, healing elixir, identify, tasha's Hideous laughter.

2nd
Dragons breath, flaming sphere, misty step, suggestion, web.

I'm playing a Conjuration wizard. The Samurai's fighting style is bull rush Enemies ending his turns away from enemies and on the other side of them. Leaving the enemies between us. Everyone else plays like there classies normal would play. Except the bard he thinks hes a frontliner well he found out quick as he was the only one to be dropped last night I got closed but thank the gods for for a DM house rule and max damage on a hellish rebuke.

So I'm looking to change out a few spell what would yall recommend me to keep or to change.

So

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-25, 03:47 PM
Sleep is incredibly useful until level 5 or 6, great to use when swarmed.
Grease has some solid longevity as a non-concentration control spell.
Burning Hands provides its own kind of deterrent for melee combatants.
Ray of Enfeeblement is perfect for a big bad monster who is charging towards your back line.

At higher levels, Summon Lesser Demons, placed behind the enemies, would be a great way of..."incentivizing" your Fighter to stay with the group.