PDA

View Full Version : [SR5] Shadows of the SWP--Ch.1: 0.38 Seconds...

Schismatic
2019-02-25, 10:49 PM
The Northeast monsoon season was fully realized as it tore from the sky, bearing down with a torrential downpour that limited visibility in its wake to somewhere between 1 meter and frag all. It seemed as if the occasional gale-like gust served only to seek out the occasional umbrella hidden pedestrian and spray them with the acid rain. Nobody with good intentions hanged out in this sort of weather, but that went without saying and who in this world can even afford good intentions? What used to be East Geylang, now dominated by SingARC-3 that served as the corporate regional headquarters of more corporations than you can probably count.

You find yourself in the surprisingly comfortable Pinhao hotpot restaurant. The second floor Sino-Singaporean buffet on 25th and Sims isn't your usual digs for most Runners. This was the chosen haunt of the Megat that reached out to Chu, your on-again and off-again fixer. In the shadows of the monstrous arcology, a little restaurant trying to thrive against five storeys of food court. It might have been heroic on its own if not for the fact that you were there eating together because someone was going to ask you to do something considered conventionally stupid. Break into a bank.

At the very least you're going to get your fill. And the Megat was kind enough to put down 120¥ for the table, and that sort of meal money could afford some decent tofu and flavour-enhanced beef substitute this time. And the spicy oil bath actually had a decent amount of staranise. I mean, sure... you're definitely sure that the oil cooker has been running twenty-four hours straight, but you could still get that hint of licorice percolating through your food as it shrivelled in the scalding broth mix--ready to be plucked and consumed at your leisure. Curiously the closest two tables were still empty. So whoever this Megat was he wanted to make sure they would meet and eat in peace by securing such a discrete environment in a crowded metroplex like Singapore.

Certainly beat the ever-present Stuffer Shack, this actually had nutritional value and didn't simply exist to fill a void. There was an actual level of care for one's patrons, and such things did not easily go amiss to those accustomed to wage slavery or reduced to common thuggery.

From the corner of your eye, you notice a middle aged man. It was hard to tell exactly how old. A youthful complexon marred and juxtaposed by darkened sags and creases framing those brown eyes. Their jaw length black hair and faux-leather trenchcoat, with real denim jeans and 20 eyelet steel-toed boats, sold a confusing array of class-transgressing wealth statements. For those with the omnipresent AR as you ate, curiously presenting no persona. No icons of their gadgets. They were hiding in plain sight of the digital world and truly a curiosity in the world of 2075 Singapore.

He elevated his right hand, index and middle finger when he knows you're watching, tapping against the faux-hardwood treated MDF board of a waiting table, indicating his predetermined non-hostile intentions and visual greeting before moving towards the table. Palms open towards the table, and nonchalantly strolling towards your table, indicating quietly he was unarmed. Before bringing his hands together and combining it with a small bow of the head.

For all those so sensitive, it feels like as he draws near there is an incredibly isolated noise level increase in the Matrix. As if carrying a highly limited jammer. (OOC: Add 4 noise difficulty)

"Namaskar..." The Hindu greeting slid from his lips with quiet precision so as to almost guarantee that only your table will hear it.

"I assume we have a mutual friend and you're here to answer my call for help? I am Mr. Megat." He non-introduced himself with a fluent, tone-neutral English. Cautiously reaching into his coat and retrieving a manila envelope, holding it in his left hand. "Time is an issue, however... and I think you'll find suitable incentive for what will be only a little legwork."

Janwin
2019-02-25, 11:25 PM
As the stranger approaches, Icarus has his under the table and on the Ares Predator hidden inside his jacket. As it becomes clear that the man is their potential employer, and unarmed, he lifts his hand from the pistol and resumes munching on the beef substitute. Not great, and definitely not the best food he'd ever had, but not terrible. All things considered.

He figures it's probably better to let someone with more face-like qualities do the talking, so he stays silent for now.

souffle_girl
2019-02-26, 04:38 PM
The night before meeting with the Megat, Angel ended up opening the bottle of real Scotch she was saving for after the Wuxing run. She had expected to drink it with Lily, dress up, hit the clubs. She ended up drinking it all alone while sobbing alone in her apartment, and some more cheap booze after that, and waking up in the morning hung over and with that crazy itch at the base of her skull that indicated her datajack was acting up. It always did when she had too much alcohol.
She had even debated if it was worth it to leave the bed and meet the Megat. For the first time since moving to Singapore, she had been seriously afraid she wasn't cut for the Shadows.
Then she told herself that it was a perfectly normal reaction to seeing your not-really-girlfriend gunned down and reminded herself that That Guy was still waiting for the paydata and that the bills didn't pay themselves. She took a shower, freshened up, put on some make-up to mask her eye bags and in less than an hour she was back to her usual aloof, classy self.

Almost.
Her crew would probably read her anyway.

When the Megat showed up, she stayed quiet, eyes on her food and ears sharp, thankful that she wasn't the one who had to talk.

Volthawk
2019-02-26, 05:02 PM
Unlike Mr. Megat, Dhole was not off the grid while he ate. His attention wasn't on anything work related, however, instead spending the time checking on home. After all, if he was about to get a job and focus on that for a while, he wanted to make sure things were fine at home first. In any case, more time talking to the kids was nice before he eventually got himself shot at again.

Angel was also a concern for him, although he decided to not bring it up here and now. Losing someone was hard, and those two were particularly close. Hell, he was feeling it too, but at least he had a lot to distract him and keep him feeling up at home. She didn't have that luxury. Her brave face should do for the meet, anyway.

Megat's arrival (and more importantly, the increasing jamming) prompts a quick goodbye and dismissal of AR displays, followed by a nod in greeting to their employer. The phrase 'only a little...' picks up his attention, a slight frown appearing on his face. He never liked it when people dressed up their requests with phrases like that, especially when it involved personal risk. He wasn't afraid of a fight - he followed Wolf, after all - but he wished his employers were upfront about it.

Janwin
2019-02-26, 05:19 PM
Recognizing the familiar expression of someone needing a drink, Icarus pulls a small flask out of his jacket. He proffers the flask to Angel with a knowing look.

While its contents aren't much more than rough, cheap whiskey, it's still a drink at least. The best thing for a hangover, after all, is alcohol.

Ancient
2019-02-26, 09:36 PM
Moby will stay out on the street, in his bulldog, watching for anything suspicious. He will try to monitor the meeting through an open channel on someone's commlink.

At0m1kSQ
2019-02-26, 11:41 PM
Yokai, sits quietly at the table. Trying to get a read on the Megat's astral signature.

Schismatic
2019-02-27, 05:52 AM
He scanned them for a moment. Clearing his throat softly. Pulling a chair from the nearest table and sat himself at the head of the table. Placing the envelope under his left hand and undoing the length of string at the back. Removing the contents from the confines of the peach-coloured confines. Advertizing a series of black and white photographs. It seemed to be three different figures

"Long story short, my client is concerned there has been an instance of insider trading concerning MIB's Pacific Prosperty Group's membership and its closed meetings. As you might of heard there is a series of our annual regional infrastructure project discussions over the next three weeks. We keep these talks highly guarded as the amount of nuyen that moves into these opportunities has market wide implications. The PPG is a powerful exclusive resource for us." He paused for a moment pointing to the three figures. What appeared as two humans and a dwarf.

"We've noticed an irregular series credstick transactions ... and these three unidentified individuals working with our rival, Pacific Rim Banking, who have been seen using a branch service here in Central for what we believe is headhunting key MIB personnel or the purchase of paydata related to the upcoming talks. Priming and paying spies in our midst to jump ship with what they learn." He explained as he pulled back in his chair.

"Rather than tear our family of staff apart with a soulcrushing internal investigation, instead we would rather simply neutralize the enemy headhunters. These three... once we discover who they are and how much money they've moved and how far the money trail leads, I'm sure we can pick it up from there."

(Roll Con + Charisma [Social] for any at the table)

He retrieved a map of the city of Medan and pointed out the Indonesian coastal city.

"This is where all three have been seen, collecting their credsticks. We need to quietly discover their identities and discover the money trail and see exactly where it leads. So we need a team to secure covert entry into the facility, access the local host, create a backdoor and mark the accounts, and get out once the headhunters collect. I don't really care how you get out, but you can't scare off our credstick mules before they pick up their packages." He paused to nail down how important that caveat is...

"If we don't succeed, we give Pacific Rim Bank plausible deniability--play this right, and rather Pacific Rim Banking building a new network of moles and defectors amidst our ranks--we might collar ourselves someone important on their operations instead. The next pick up is in two days, at 9AM. 10,000¥ each, half now--half upon mission success." He explained.

----------

Edit:

His aura looks vibrant, healthy... a mite of the mystical unmarred by cybernetics.

souffle_girl
2019-02-27, 06:53 AM
Angel nonchalantly refused the flask with a smile and a casual hand wave. She needed to be focused, plus it was probably some cheap drek.

She listened intently to the briefing, staring at the three photos before speaking. Her voice was a high contralto, her English had a sharp British accent.

"You need this done quickly, I understand. I'm the right person to sneak into an account, but I'm a bit more concerned about Pacific Rim Banking, and any... opposition we might find. What is this facility exactly? Are we expecting other operatives there?"

Janwin
2019-02-27, 11:46 AM
Icarus puts the flask away and considers the information from Mr. Megat.

"Right. So you want us to mark the traitors in your midst with irrefutable proof of their misdeeds. Guessing you want us to turn over the backdoor to you so that you can track down the money afterwards, since I didn't hear anything about you wanting us to figure out how much they've moved or where it went."

Eldest
2019-02-28, 02:13 AM
Smoke had arrived a bit earlier than the rest, and had chowed through a good 3 bowls worth of hotpot before Mr. Megat arrived. Sitting there, cheap plastic and ceramic jacket sitting over her seat, she listened to the pitch, juggling in her mind what she knew about the various elements. MIG, BRB, big companies, big wallets. Ten grand in nuyen was sounding lovely to her, after having just had her first hot meal in days, but seemed light for what they were asking for. She purses her lips, looking down at the photos. So you got some rivals trying to suss out where the rats onboard with you are, and tempt them across the line. And you want us to find the rats, find the rivals, wrap it all up in a bow and deliver it to you as a gift? Ten thousand a head seems a bit light for something you're trying to handle more discreetly than your IA department's default.

Schismatic
2019-02-28, 10:50 AM
He looked over to Angel and Icarus in turn, leaned forward, and tapped the fingers against his three photos.

"The bank at Belawan, on Belmera Road. It's a major branch of PRB on Sumatra, and we've long suspected housing some of its... more secretive elements. PRB often contracts Knight Errant, the Belawan branch had even chipped into building a precinct for a permanent company of their services in the area. So we can expect a squad of K-E, possibly magical support, most certainly some cybersecurity experts." He explained, deadly serious.

"Keep in mind, these three are not ours... rather we believe they're trying to headhunt some of our people. But as I was saying before... rather than a morale devastating internal review, we'd rather keep it quiet--discover who is behind these headhunters--make them a deal they cannot refuse. No point getting rid of three hucksters when you can cut the head off of the snake. He paused before looking over to Smoke.

"Not exactly... more we're looking for the person or persons approving these credsticks and their nuyen transfers. Whatever... misguided souls... that have taken money from whatever comptrollers of this operation. We learn who they are, we can hit them directly for targeted appropriation. After that those rats will realize our ship is not sinking, and they have nowhere left to go." He smirked.

"No need to make a fuss before the talks, after all. And they will find our offer to staying onboard quite persuasive as they either turn themselves in or find themselves saddled with all manner of criminal charges." He leaned back in his chair.

"So... to be clear... the objective is breaking into a bank's servers by securing administrator privileges for accessing branch account holders. Don't care how you do it, just don't scare off these paydata money mules. It has to be before these three pick up their next set of paydata and bribe money. Marking the accounts by which approve the withdrawals as they happen, allowing my offsite team access to their transaction account logs before the logs are altered. After that, book it. Once again, don't care how you do it--though I'm willing to toss in an extra 50,000¥ into the pot if you manage to secure one of these headhunters for me--alive and in a shape that can talk." He stipulated an additional reward.

"It's not necessary they're unhurt ... just so long as they can still talk. I imagine they'll go to ground once our intrusion is inevitably detected. Managing to capture one alive now is a bonus, and far too cost prohibitive to search for them afterwards--But~~this is not a requirement. Think of it as a secondary opportunity for extra nuyen, the accounts are the most important objective."

He turned off his jammer momentarily in his pocket and cleared his throat.

"I believe you should talk with your friend waiting outside, yes? Your contact said there were more of you and I can only imagine my electronic interference is playing havoc with that." He smiled pleasantly.

Volthawk
2019-02-28, 11:45 AM
Dhole doesn't quite stifle an annoyed "Hmph." at Megat's last statement. Talking like that also annoyed him - that sense of being so damn pleased with himself even though he hadn't even done anything impressive. Still, ten grand plus a bonus was enough to keep him quiet on that point.

"We can try to find them. Is that 50k regardless of how many, or per person?" Worth asking.

Schismatic
2019-03-01, 03:10 PM
"Do you legitimately believe you could rope in all three, while managing your primary operation?" He raised an eyebrow at that.

"If the opportunity presents itself. I'll confer additional funds for each additional headhunter. The value diminishes considerably beyond the first." It was difficult to tell if he was either impressed with your ambition or worried whether those ambitions might compromise the task at hand. Regardless, clearing his throat at that as he retrieved a set of four passcards for, evidently, a nearby hotel.

For those using AR, the icons are personalized with an autotranslated stylized hologramatic surface that reads 'Sentosa Palms Hotel' with your assigned room numbers 207 through to 210. In tandem, a simple business card containing merely a commlink number.

"I have already covered for your stay at a local Belawan portside inn nearby for the next three nights. The monitoring devices near your rooms and leading to the street and the small portside dock have been arranged to be conveniently out of order. Use them at your leisure if you need additional legwork of the location." He said softly before lifting himself up, as if to excuse himself.

"I look forward to working with you..." As he lowered his head politely before shuffling away...

Janwin
2019-03-04, 10:27 AM
After Mr. Megat leaves, Icarus turns his attention to the rest of the group of runners.

"Guess we've got a job, then. Will be nice to have some money in pocket again. I guess we should head over and start our reconnaissance and figure out how we're gonna do this."

Volthawk
2019-03-04, 01:28 PM
Dhole nods, a little more relaxed now the group was alone again. "So what are we thinking about that bonus? Fifty grand is a lot."

Janwin
2019-03-04, 02:12 PM
Icarus smiles at Dhole's comment. "Sure is, but remember that's split among the lot of us, not apiece. Still, worth it if we can pull off a snatch and grab on top of the rest."

He then adds, considering the offer as a whole. "Seems a little weird of a job, though. They have photos, but don't know who the people in the photos are and apparently can't find out. Even if we flag the credsticks, I don't know how they're gonna track it to some random individual in their corp, either. So seems like a whole lot of moving pieces for something that doesn't really seem like it'd solve their problems."

He shrugs. "Snatch, grab and torture seems like it'd have been far more effective for them."

Eldest
2019-03-05, 10:53 AM
I can see what dirt I can dig up on them all, but I'd like to do that at the hotel. Might take a while. She stretches in her chair and stands up, evidently ready to go. And yeah, bonus would be nice, but let's focus on the main job first and see how the rest of it shakes out, ya?

Ancient
2019-03-05, 11:00 AM
Moby sulked a little that the Megat seemed to know of his presence, but smirked that he thought his cheap-ass jammer was effective at this range against his skills. "Whatever helps you sleep at night, buddy," he muses to himself.

The Meg seemed a bit eager, didn't blink much when we upped the ante. 50k is alot of paper for a milk run....there is more to the story, there is always more to the story. We don't need to repeat the last time, I know I don't want to pay the bill this time if we get cocky."

Moby thought back to the girl, and watching her die. He'd seen plenty of death on his screens, but he'd never been so close like this.

At0m1kSQ
2019-03-05, 08:40 PM
Yokai stretches to a standing position as the leaves the table. "You're definitely right about this being too much for a milk run... I imagine whatever they're hiding has something to do with whatever those suits knew before the headhunters grabbed them." A long breath leaves his chest, as his gaze turns to the door. "Our Meg, he's a magician, or at least awakened to some degree. Might be nothing, might mean we can expect something mystical in our future."

Schismatic
2019-03-07, 05:14 AM
(OOC) Okay so Runers contemplating the Megat's motives, make either a simple Logic + Knowledge (Financial Services) [2] or the like roll, or a Logic + Intuition [3] memory test, memory test -1 if you were distracted by food.

Either that or a simple Intuition + Etiquette (Corporate) [2]

--------------------

Legwork/Planning/Buying phase...

Now if you have direct contacts with the items you want to buy at a combined connection and/or loyalty of 5 you can buy whatever availability 8 and lower additional gear for one day of leg work. Every point above this or below the contact's total of 5 connection and loyalty confers a 10% expediency cost (cumulative).

This chews up one day of possible legwork and planning. Alternatively you can ignore the connection and loyalty requirement of your contact for purchasing gear and its cumulative cost expediency if you do zero legwork and planning and merely rock up at the run after spending a night at the inn.

If you're content with the gear you have you can spend the full two days of doing prep, legwork, programming, fact-finding, whatever, whatever.

So write down how your characters are going to approach this run down below. So a short description of what you're doing, how you're doing it, etc.

Ancient
2019-03-07, 11:03 AM
Moby rolls up the window on the van as the rain starts up again. Rain in the city just made the garbage stink like hot wet garbage. He mulls over the Meg , his offer and PRB security protocols.

Memory:
Logic(5)+Intuition(5): [roll0]

Etiquette:
Intuition(5)+Etiquette(3): [roll1]

Security Systems:
Logic(5)+(Security Systems(5): [roll2]

Janwin
2019-03-07, 01:24 PM
Icarus mulls over what just happened briefly to see if he missed anything and finishes up his meal. Apparently he wasn't quite as distracted as the Megat might have hoped someone eating would be.

After finishing his meal, he glimpses at the others there.

"I think I've got everything I need. I'll start scoping out the place."

Icarus then heads out, gathers his things, and makes his way to the Belawan Portside Inn and checks in.

He then conducts the following reconnaissance:

Finds a decent place to eat which will "conveniently" take him past the bank when traveling there from the hotel.
Finds a bar that will "conveniently" take him past the bank when traveling there from the hotel.
When walking by the bank, he travels on the opposite side of the road.
He's keeping his eyes open for any activity within the bank that he can see from outside, as well as any decent vantage points on the surrounding buildings which would work well as an observation point. His vision enhancement and vision magnification cybereyes should help with this.
He'll make his way to any vantage points he can find so that he can observe the bank from a concealed position, trying not to draw any attention or notice.
Over the next day or so, he'll try to build any pattern in the security procedures and schedule of the bank that might be exploited. If he can get a view of any keypads used for the start shift or end shift to unlock or lock the door, he'll zoom in with his cybereyes to watch the keyed pattern.

At0m1kSQ
2019-03-08, 07:46 PM
"Sounds like a plan, I'll go see what I can find out on the magical side of things. I think I know a few places where I might be able to trick a middling wage salve to give something up..." Yōkai turns to the group, waiting for family additional input before making his way out.

Volthawk
2019-03-11, 01:58 PM
Dhole spends a little while checking out the lay of the land in the area, considering possible escape routes or places to fight from - although they had Moby and his van, he still wanted to be sure that they could handle things if the situation changed, and they had to spend some time on foot.

The next step in his plan depends on Icarus' observations, specifically asking that he tells Dhole when a shift change happens, preferably so that the shift that is ending is the one they'll be hitting the bank in. At this point, he'll try to follow a member of staff who looks like they belong in the more technical areas of the bank (he considers going after a security guard, but decides it would probably be too much trouble), seeing the route they take and considering if and where he should strike on the day of the run - his core plan being to use whatever credentials/keycards and potentially information his target has to help ease the way into the bank.

Of course, if during the observation period someone happens to spot one of the headhunters, Dhole's focus will instead fall upon them rather than a member of staff.

Referencing what Icarus is doing because it feels kinda weird and wasteful if everyone just did things solo when there is overlap or other people doing things that are also helpful for other people's legwork

Similarly, if anyone else is doing anything that'd help with Dhole's plan (particularly target selection), that can be worked in, and if somehow what Dhole is doing would help someone else's legwork, go ahead and have him help.

Eldest
2019-03-13, 10:54 AM
Smoke immediately goes to the hotel, she's got important work here to do. First things first, she's going to pull together profiles of each of the three, as best she can, with a little help from her friends. Once those were looked over and forwarded to everyone else, she's going to scout out the hotel, looking to see what sort of digital security they have, especially watching for a spider. Following that, she's going to start coordinating with Angel, trying to figure out a way to track their targets.

Schismatic
2019-03-14, 11:58 AM
(OOC: Okay...)

Moby rolls up the window on the van as the rain starts up again. Rain in the city just made the garbage stink like hot wet garbage. He mulls over the Meg , his offer and PRB security protocols.

Memory:
Logic(5)+Intuition(5): [roll0]

Etiquette:
Intuition(5)+Etiquette(3): [roll1]

Security Systems:
Logic(5)+(Security Systems(5): [roll2]

You remember from the discussion that the assumed actual target is the PRB comptroller of this operation. Who's okaying payments, where those payments are coming from.

Rather than PRB getting moles in their ranks, MIB hopes to reverse this by finding out who this comptroller is and making a deal they can't refuse. That's the real target--you getting account log data that can help identify who this person might be.

The headhunters themselves are little better than Shadowrunners on their own. Small fish compared to who's paying them. That being said, torturing one of them and putting them on a global radar will make a nice statement.

Etiquette:

You understand Corps rarely do things out of merely revenge. Rather than a quite public interrogation of their staff suspected of taking money to spy on the talks, they can just publish the face of a headhunter responsible for an act of cyberterrorism and how MIB was working with authorities to find their accomplices--quietly slipping a word in their ear to known parties that they can either be dutiful wageslaves, or wind up behind bars and their family's possessions essentially RICO'd--their choice.

Security:

Okay, the Belawan branch would have time-delayed safes to a secured deposits room, and eight USB credstick transfer machines within with a official credstick dispenser machine (for this month only, free standard credstick for opening a new savings account). They have no less than three private security onsite, one near site team, and a direct line to the local K-E branch. The offsite team is two security guards in a fenced in miniature backdoor garage for protected valuable assets transportation. Biometrics and CCTV monitoring the second story stairwell and elevator, leading to a trading floor and branch operations department with individual passkey-locked offices in the three storey building.

Icarus mulls over what just happened briefly to see if he missed anything and finishes up his meal. Apparently he wasn't quite as distracted as the Megat might have hoped someone eating would be.

After finishing his meal, he glimpses at the others there.

"I think I've got everything I need. I'll start scoping out the place."

Icarus then heads out, gathers his things, and makes his way to the Belawan Portside Inn and checks in.

He then conducts the following reconnaissance:

Finds a decent place to eat which will "conveniently" take him past the bank when traveling there from the hotel.
Finds a bar that will "conveniently" take him past the bank when traveling there from the hotel.
When walking by the bank, he travels on the opposite side of the road.
He's keeping his eyes open for any activity within the bank that he can see from outside, as well as any decent vantage points on the surrounding buildings which would work well as an observation point. His vision enhancement and vision magnification cybereyes should help with this.
He'll make his way to any vantage points he can find so that he can observe the bank from a concealed position, trying not to draw any attention or notice.
Over the next day or so, he'll try to build any pattern in the security procedures and schedule of the bank that might be exploited. If he can get a view of any keypads used for the start shift or end shift to unlock or lock the door, he'll zoom in with his cybereyes to watch the keyed pattern.

1: There's an 'egg' noodle mini-restaurant that conveniently has no surveillance and with very few people even face-checking you. You simply input your order into a touchpad and slot a credstick into the terminal for payment. People cook it up and simply ding up your order number through a slot. Real factory line-style restaurant. Pretty tasty, however and a cursory matrix search of the place turns up decent reviews with minimal cases of food poisoning. It offers nice, open view of the entrance of the bank at floor level and seems to run 24/7 though the shopfront weather overhang obscures anything higher than ground floor.

2: There's a couple of over-priced nightclubs and pubs in this tourist city undergoing gentrification. One place called "Chandra's" makes a mean mojito, but it comes with a pricetag to match. Damn good, though.

Make a Perception + Intuition [3] check (with bonuses below).

3: Null sweat. You do notice that it being a main tributary road that it's got a nice, wide pedestrian walk to deal with rush hour wageslave movements, as well as dry season tourists throughout the city.

4: Make the above Perception check with +3 bonus.

5: Chandra's does offer a rooftop beer garden. There is a service ladder to the stairtop roof where they keep a watertank to provide water pressure to service the hidden apartment.

Part and parcel of the Perception check.

6: Part and parcel of the Perception Check.

"Sounds like a plan, I'll go see what I can find out on the magical side of things. I think I know a few places where I might be able to trick a middling wage salve to give something up..." Yōkai turns to the group, waiting for family additional input before making his way out.

Make an assensing + intuition check.

Dhole spends a little while checking out the lay of the land in the area, considering possible escape routes or places to fight from - although they had Moby and his van, he still wanted to be sure that they could handle things if the situation changed, and they had to spend some time on foot.

The next step in his plan depends on Icarus' observations, specifically asking that he tells Dhole when a shift change happens, preferably so that the shift that is ending is the one they'll be hitting the bank in. At this point, he'll try to follow a member of staff who looks like they belong in the more technical areas of the bank (he considers going after a security guard, but decides it would probably be too much trouble), seeing the route they take and considering if and where he should strike on the day of the run - his core plan being to use whatever credentials/keycards and potentially information his target has to help ease the way into the bank.

Of course, if during the observation period someone happens to spot one of the headhunters, Dhole's focus will instead fall upon them rather than a member of staff.

Referencing what Icarus is doing because it feels kinda weird and wasteful if everyone just did things solo when there is overlap or other people doing things that are also helpful for other people's legwork

Similarly, if anyone else is doing anything that'd help with Dhole's plan (particularly target selection), that can be worked in, and if somehow what Dhole is doing would help someone else's legwork, go ahead and have him help.

Okay, you know that K-E wageslaves moonlight as private security at the Belawan Branch. An ork female by the name of Jasmine Wulandari (at least according to her nametag and overhearing people call her 'Jasmine'). Due mainly to her constitution can she keep up the workload. Her shift ends 8.30AM.

Smoke immediately goes to the hotel, she's got important work here to do. First things first, she's going to pull together profiles of each of the three, as best she can, with a little help from her friends. Once those were looked over and forwarded to everyone else, she's going to scout out the hotel, looking to see what sort of digital security they have, especially watching for a spider. Following that, she's going to start coordinating with Angel, trying to figure out a way to track their targets.

Okay, the local host is actually paid for by PRB themselves. By accessing the grid, looking up forums, and local chatter--you find out there is a particularly gifted security Decker under employ by the Belawan branch that goes by the name Noko. She apparently doesn't sleep and has bursts of sysop activity particularly around dawn to noon.

As for the three headhunters, one of them--the dwarf--seems to be a former Shadowrunner but went off grid for a while. His handle was 'Hobbles' and apparently he has a taste for the latest model Commlink bling that comes out seemingly biannually from Renraku.

The latest model Renraku custom Emperor line of commlinks only came out two days ago... His Commlink would only be running standard factory specs with a very specific wireless frequency band that came with a limited, personalized ARO icon options. To facilitate this it has still a specific, very selective wireless transponder code that hasn't been hacked and put online for pirated use yet.

(IRL IDK how computers work, so don't hate me--transponder sounds cool, tho)

Software + Logic [10, 1 hour] Extended Test … to design a piece of software with an appropriate rated scanner (Let's say sound) to design a ping sensor letting you track a rouch location of everyone using that type of commlink.

Dhole could pick you up a suitable sensor while you work?

Eldest
2019-03-15, 11:11 AM
Alright, chummers, I put together a program to watch for the trio we know about and flag anybody who's listed as working for PRB. Also got a security vulnerability for the dwarf, but I want a sensor net up and I am short and cannot reach the nice tall spots to hide cameras. Any takers?

Janwin
2019-03-15, 11:28 AM
Icarus chimes in while sitting on the roof of Chandra's drinking a beer and watching the bank.

"Sure. As long as you tell me where you need them."

Ancient
2019-03-15, 04:38 PM
"Moby"

"Depending on what you need and where you need it, I can send a Kanmushi or my Pelican to plant the sensor in any hard to reach spot, just have to wait til after dark."

At0m1kSQ
2019-03-15, 10:55 PM
"Can't you find a step ladder and a painter's jumper somewhere?" Yōkai retorts in a jest. "If no one else can get that high I'll try and help out but I need to scope out the circle." Despite the protests he's more than willing to help. "Actually those profiles will help me figure out who I need to look into."

Yōkai offers his height and spell casting (levitate) to help raise the cameras to where they need to be. But will only resort to magic in a dire situation, no sense leaving a signature if no magic is needed. Afterwards he'll search through the circle to try and find a decent target to pilfer for supplies and intel for the run. "After we're done here anyone feel like helping me con a Sararīman?"

Eldest
2019-03-23, 09:35 PM
Alright, so sensors out there, tag the target, stalk them till we follow them back to the people we're actually after here. I'll go look at the dwarf's 'link and see what i find. First step is, of course, sprites! You thought that I'd be hacking off the bad? Madness, I say.

Zero Prime
2019-03-24, 10:19 PM
Jian Kai-li; Renaissance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=23795759&postcount=154)
Street Cred: 0 l Notoriety: -1 l Public Awareness: 0
Physical Condition Monitor: 0/11 [0] l Stun Condition Monitor: 0/10 [0]

Kai-li closed the AR window, encrypted channel, however the contact had been verified and vetted by Lindsay Chu herself. Mr. Megat, the broker for Malay Independent and it's subsidiary Pacific Property Group had contacted him so as to procure additional consulting on a contract he had offered to a group of independents. After he accepted the terms of Megat's contact, he opened a window to ensure that the nuyen had transferred to his account. He then downloaded the images of the three targets to his comm.

He closed down his AR, the glowing neon panels, windows and interfaces dissolved from his field of view, to be replaced by the walls and furnishing of his Fousyan-Shi studio. Sonya was on the couch, some trid-video held her attention, Jian smiled, tousled her hair, and paused the display. "Hey darlin'," his voice was low, smooth, and warm, "I'm gonna be gone for a few days." She nodded, "Business?" Another nod as he agreed with her assessment, "Aren't you the smart one. I transferred some yen to the account, you'll be good for food, right? And if **** goes down, you go see Auntie Chun at the top of the promenade, alright?" He opened a screen, transferred the contact info for his unregistered Avalon to her comm.

The Megat had informed him that the contractor's had been provided with a safe house at a local Belawan portside inn, once he had input the address into his comm, he packed a duffel full of gear, and proceeded to exit the small studio apartment. He blew a kiss to Sonya, "Be back soon, kid. Stay out of trouble. I smoothed things over with the Anarcho brothers, but you tagging their drones ...," his voice trailed off and he blew an exasperated whistle. He had pretended to be upset with her, for her own sake, she needed to at least seem contrite when she gave her apology, but inwardly he was proud of the young girl for not taking the Anarcho's ****.

He started up the Growler, sure it was an off road bike, but given the chop one experienced on the Barge City, it's suspension helped, and it's extra wide tires prevented one from being thrown over the side or between the gap. While journeying to his destination, he fired a quick comm message to Mahdi, at Gateway Executive Transport Services.

>>Mahdi, what kind of deal can I get on a Nightsky & driver for the next three days. Low risk, just need to make an impression. Ping me. Once biz is concluded, I'm sure I can get together on the handball court.<<

He cruised confidently through the rusted maze of abandoned ships, recovered tankers, and refurbished cruisers until he got to the offices of Council woman Araki. Walking in, he flashed a cordial smile at her secretary, a young man whose sleek vat grown muscles were barely constrained by the business suit he wore. Jian himself was wearing his urban flash, a heavy armored jacket, with an AR vitruvian man cycling across his shoulders, worn, brown leather, it looked old, but it was sturdy. "Jasmine in?" He nodded respectfully as he was let through.

He sat as Jasmine Araki finished her private comm discussion, he admired the woman, she was just over thirty, broad shouldered, tapered waist, however, despite her nature, she moved with an almost sensual grace. She'd aged well, and dressed in a classical neo-asian corporate style, which befit her new profession as a political activist. She nodded, he smiled, "Jazz, I need a favor. There's some unknowns operating in Medan, I need to know if they have a particular," he paused, it was almost distasteful, but 10k would go a long way towards Sonya's tuition, "taste. If I gave you some faces, could you ask your girls, but it needs to be discreet."

OOC: Not sure if Etiquette (Street) works for this, or if I just roll Araki's Connection & Loyalty. Let me know, and I will roll in the OOC as required.

Volthawk
2019-03-25, 11:15 AM
Satisfied with his work so far, Dhole gets on the comms. "I'm done out here for now, so I'm all yours now, Smoke. Do you have the sensors now, or do I need to buy them for you?"

Schismatic
2019-03-25, 03:29 PM
Jian Kai-li; Renaissance (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=23795759&postcount=154)

Kai-li closed the AR window, encrypted channel, however the contact had been verified and vetted by Lindsay Chu herself. Mr. Megat, the broker for Malay Independent and it's subsidiary Pacific Property Group had contacted him so as to procure additional consulting on a contract he had offered to a group of independents. After he accepted the terms of Megat's contact, he opened a window to ensure that the nuyen had transferred to his account. He then downloaded the images of the three targets to his comm.

He closed down his AR, the glowing neon panels, windows and interfaces dissolved from his field of view, to be replaced by the walls and furnishing of his Fousyan-Shi studio. Sonya was on the couch, some trid-video held her attention, Jian smiled, tousled her hair, and paused the display. "Hey darlin'," his voice was low, smooth, and warm, "I'm gonna be gone for a few days." She nodded, "Business?" Another nod as he agreed with her assessment, "Aren't you the smart one. I transferred some yen to the account, you'll be good for food, right? And if **** goes down, you go see Auntie Chun at the top of the promenade, alright?" He opened a screen, transferred the contact info for his unregistered Avalon to her comm.

The Megat had informed him that the contractor's had been provided with a safe house at a local Belawan portside inn, once he had input the address into his comm, he packed a duffel full of gear, and proceeded to exit the small studio apartment. He blew a kiss to Sonya, "Be back soon, kid. Stay out of trouble. I smoothed things over with the Anarcho brothers, but you tagging their drones ...," his voice trailed off and he blew an exasperated whistle. He had pretended to be upset with her, for her own sake, she needed to at least seem contrite when she gave her apology, but inwardly he was proud of the young girl for not taking the Anarcho's ****.

He started up the Growler, sure it was an off road bike, but given the chop one experienced on the Barge City, it's suspension helped, and it's extra wide tires prevented one from being thrown over the side or between the gap. While journeying to his destination, he fired a quick comm message to Mahdi, at Gateway Executive Transport Services.

>>Mahdi, what kind of deal can I get on a Nightsky & driver for the next three days. Low risk, just need to make an impression. Ping me. Once biz is concluded, I'm sure I can get together on the handball court.<<

He cruised confidently through the rusted maze of abandoned ships, recovered tankers, and refurbished cruisers until he got to the offices of Council woman Araki. Walking in, he flashed a cordial smile at her secretary, a young man whose sleek vat grown muscles were barely constrained by the business suit he wore. Jian himself was wearing his urban flash, a heavy armored jacket, with an AR vitruvian man cycling across his shoulders, worn, brown leather, it looked old, but it was sturdy. "Jasmine in?" He nodded respectfully as he was let through.

He sat as Jasmine Araki finished her private comm discussion, he admired the woman, she was just over thirty, broad shouldered, tapered waist, however, despite her nature, she moved with an almost sensual grace. She'd aged well, and dressed in a classical neo-asian corporate style, which befit her new profession as a political activist. She nodded, he smiled, "Jazz, I need a favor. There's some unknowns operating in Medan, I need to know if they have a particular," he paused, it was almost distasteful, but 10k would go a long way towards Sonya's tuition, "taste. If I gave you some faces, could you ask your girls, but it needs to be discreet."

Either or... Given both of them seem fitting go with what's higher, I'll update either PM or in the OOC thread. Tell us your preference in the roll thread?

------------
IC: To everyone...

The setting sunlight breaks betwixt land and sea painting the Gateway in brilliant orange and pink. It was the dusk before the run. With the dimming light bird calls overhead intermixed with the distant sounds of the Neo-Malaccamaxes, chopping helicopters, beeping air taxis, and blasting ferries. The world was coming alive, or shuffling in the newfound light--and for a poignant moment as the neon storefronts and street lights lit up, the dying sunlight cut longer shadows than the dusk that would soon come. Soon the hunt would be on--but for the moment you get to enjoy a unexpectedly nice hotel view of the nearby river quay, housing quiet river transport and two bit fishing operations from nearby enviro-controlled aquacultural farms.

You have one more night to prepare...

Okay, after your roll I'll introduce your character in more substantive manner. If your players want to do more, this is the time-- if not we'll goon to the run!

Schismatic
2019-03-26, 09:19 PM
(OOC: Sorry for not responding yesterday afternoon. I had a wicked case of migraine--Like even a good hit of sumatriptan didn't stop the light fairies from eventually plunging daggers through my eyeballs. Made a mess of my bunny suit so they sent me home.)

Renaissance rocks up to the location of the team's hotel, the Sentosa Palms Hotel--specifically one room of the four listed--208. The hotel seemed nice, but Smoke building her sensor array to pick up on Hobbles' custom exclusive Renraku Commlink transformed the scene into one of orderly chaos. Scattered parts, but rhyme and reason in the madness that may be intimately linked to Matrix shadow work. Even as he was making his entrance his Commlink was busy downloading files. Apparently Hobbles' tech dealer is in the area--and that he was wearing the same super-new Renraku tech. Posing with it in a selfie as one of your girls discovered reaching out to a former streetwalker in Medan who started their own gentleman's club in Belawan.

The tech dealer runs a shadow telecommunications store in Medan, largely catering to people who want burner commlinks--typical for the insider trading shadow community. It's also been affirmed that PRB might use his business for connecting and supplying their deniable assets who are regionally sourced.

Roughly 5'08'', elf, female, with auburn hair and a dusky Indian complexion that goes by the handle 'Aracheye' (pronounced informily or in blog posts as 'RHI', short for 'Rumour Has It').

Water cooler talk has it that she's staying with a friend of hers in a secluded beach shack up west-northwest, across the river frontage in front of your hotel. If you can get a boat you could pay them a quiet visit in less than 30 minutes...

(OOC: Anybody staying at the hotel can run into Renaissance and IC... Dhole and Moby, if you are out retrieving supplies for Smoke, Smoke you're currently doing the finishing touches on your sensor array and plotting to locate Hobbles so you'll run into Renaissance... Basically anybody can run into each other...)

Zero Prime
2019-03-27, 05:47 AM

Kai-Li stepped into the room, a soft smile creeping across his lips as he enjoyed the view through the panoramic window. He looked to his left, saw the bin under the vanity counter and dropped a bouquet of roses into it, it's AR component displaying an apology that revolved around the flowers like a miniature digital marquee. He was of shorter stature, for an elf at least, cargo pants, large pockets, a zip up long sleeve underneath that likely concealed some fort fit body armor, and a heavy jacket, that looked to be real, weathered leather. His face was angular, tanned, and his hair cropped short, his eyes twinkled violet in the setting sun, he raised a chromed, cybernetic hand in way of greeting to the young technomancer sitting amidst the careful disarray of sensor housings and delicate electronic arrays.

"Smoke I assume? You can call me Kai-li, though I go by Renaissance when on the clock." He tapped his right wrist, an AR clock face sprung into life, "Which we most definitely are. Megat brought me in as a ... troubleshooter. You've identified our headhunters, correct? Hoobles, the dwarf, has a comm fetish, his dealer, an elven woman, goes by the handle of Aracheye. She runs a business supplying unregistered comm's to clients, widely rumored to be used by the PRB insider trading community. Frequent's certain gentlemen's club, and has a rendezvous at a discrete location about 30 minutes across the water."

He removed a suit bag from his duffel, and began to unzip it, hanging an impressive suit, and accompanying jacket in the closet. He then produced a small hand held steamer and began to ensure that the executive suit's pleats and creases were sharp and well defined. As he worked on his attire, "What's the plan for getting the trace on our target's transactions? Bank access? Because I have a limo picking me up tomorrow morning, for a meeting with Belwan Financial to open a safety deposit box for some valuable hard copy. It's scheduled an hour earlier than our target's pick up time, putting me on site prior to their arrival."

He took a seat on a reclining chair facing the water way, and began to tap away at his comm making notes and calculations in regards to the upcoming job.

OOC: Forgive me if I'm not *entirely* up to date. Is the plan to nab one of the headhunter's prior to the actual bank job, ie. our primary objective? That's risky, however, my idea would be to secure access to the bank, as a personal courier I may have an assistant myself, ie. someone who could do the backdoor trace from inside the bank. I'll leave matrix'ing to the technomancer. But the pickup could occur after, especially since we know the dwarf's erratic, sleeping in coffin hotels, and such. Plant a Stealth Chip on him in passing inside the bank, have an eyedrone follow the tag, roll up on him from my limo, inform him I'm PBR contracted security (they are working for PBR right?) and he's been targeted, point out the drone, have our sniper take a shot at us, push him into the limo. He's paranoid, he'll go willingly, and I'm his best friend. Done. Thoughts?

Eldest
2019-03-27, 09:26 AM
Smoke looks up from a gremlin's nest of wiring, circuitry, disassembled commlinks, and sensor parts. Blinks. And rolls with it. Thought was I piggyback his commlink, trace it from there, though if I got another 'trix person a direct go at the banks an option. I could do the assistant gig. Hate dressing up all fancy for it though. She makes a face. An' yeah, I knew some of that, not all of it. Thanks.

You are forgiven for not knowing the plan since we don't exactly have one yet. Legwork, plan, run is generally how I do it. We're still on step one.

Schismatic
2019-03-31, 12:06 AM
Run options...

You can prepare for the run proper on the bank in 15 hours--Or you can strike at the secondary target of Hobbles right now and secure your bonus.

All in all, 2 hours travel there and back. You have road access and water access, road would be quicker but also more hazardous--water transport is likely stealthier and offers safer means of exfiltration.

The mini-run is highly dangerous to the overall mission, but if you secure Hobbles now without alerting anyone--not only are you guaranteed the bonus, you might also avail additional options for your strike against the bank.

So who is going after Hobbles? Keep in mind that while unlikely to be surrounded by guards, the real risk posed is being detected and him making a cautionary call to his boss jeopardising the run.

------------------

Due to your combined efforts of securing the amount of legwork data, you all gain 2 karma.

Volthawk
2019-03-31, 07:48 AM
Planning to talk to Smoke in person about the plan and his part in it, carrying a bag of the various electronics she wanted, Dhole is a little surprised to see someone he didn't know relaxing in their room, giving the guy an appraising look as he passes Smoke the supplies. He didn't recognise the guy, and he tried to keep aware of who the others knew - mostly just so if anyone tried anything with someone in his team, he had something to start with when making it right. "Who's this? Friend of yours?"

Zero Prime
2019-03-31, 08:18 AM

The olive skinned elf rose from the chair, balancing his comm on the overstuffed arm as he turned to Dhole, a slight smile, "Rich is the person who can afford true friends in an awakened world," his voice was low, smokey, like the coil of warmth the sits in your chest after the tiniest of sips of an aged bourbon, "instead, call me an associate, whose self interest is closely aligned with your own."

He extended a hand, along with a small nod of respect, a cybernetic prosthetic, a custom piece of 'ware, stylish, and very obviously enhanced. "Kai-Li, though I seem to have acquired the handle 'Renaissance for certain, old world values." He turned back to his comm, tossed an image to Dhole's, it was of their contact, Mr. Megat. "An ally of mine requested a meeting with a 3rd party, we spoke, briefly. He acquired my services to assist a group of contractors he had previously hired, to ensure success of their objective."

He paused, the AR image flickered from Mr. Megat to that of the 3rd headhunter, Hobbles. "After verifying his information, I approached your safehouse location, and introduced myself to your acquaintance, Smoke. Upon verifying my credentials, we began to discuss planning, and have come across an opportunity." Another flicker, local area map of the Belawan district. "Our target, Hobbles, will be in this area tonight; partaking of certain luxuries not typically availed to him. I have acquired reputable transportation that will not stand out, I believe it will be in our best interest to extract Mr. Hobbles from the area, to obtain his own insights on our primary objective, thoughts?"

Volthawk
2019-03-31, 10:05 AM
Taking the offered hand, Dhole nods, apparently satisfied with the explanation for now - he still planned on keeping an eye on the newcomer, though. Nothing personal, just good sense. "Dhole. I agree. I was already pushing for taking him out first, and if you have a plan, let's hear it. We mainly need a way to get him alone."

Zero Prime
2019-03-31, 10:54 AM

A smirk this time, as if he was waiting for someone to ask him the plan, "Seeing as our mark is currently engaged at a flesh den, the proprietor of which I am acquainted with, getting access to him shouldn't be an issue." He paused, a hand stroking his narrow, perfectly chiselled chin, "I gain access, identify myself as Sector 007A, PRB Counter Espionage Division, inform him that his comptroller has been compromised, and an MIB Extaction team is en route, the best con's are just twisted versions of the truth after all."

"Once Smoke receives my signal, she squelchs any communication from his comm, standard operating procedure from an Extraction team, naturally. We exit the building, my eye spy drone buzzing us, it drops to the ground, deactivated by our Matrix Overwatch. Then, as our limo pulls up, with Dhole in the rear, we start taking sniper from from your rifleman, Icarus, isn't it?" As he spoke, he was cycling through the Belawan map, rotating it, enlarging it, looking for viable vantage points. "Once inside, he's panicked, shaken, we've just saved his life, and then we hit him with the truth. He's just been extracted, however, our friend here," he patted Dhole's shoulder, "has a very large caliber pistol pointed at him. And he's ours, negotiations can begin."

Schismatic
2019-04-07, 03:45 AM
The perpetual humidity was usual enough, but this morning felt particularly clammy. Living on the waters of the Gateway meant nights did little but relinquish the stored heat of the shallow marine trench. The clouds occasionally opened up, quickly drenching souls exposed to the elements. The general oppressiveness of the wet season felt worse than usual, and rumblings of the weather and shipping forecasts hinted at perhaps the formation of an awakened moisture band from the North was causing the stifling conditions inimical to general wellbeing and happiness. Rain, hail or shine--a shadowrunner's work cares not about the weather, however. The early morning was upon them and the promise of a payday.

This bank heist would represent a healthy injection of capital, and you've done the legwork necessary. For better of worse, the score is on!

So describe your approach...

Eldest
2019-04-11, 08:33 AM
Smoke sits in the limo, quietly drooling as she's passed out. Smoke also sits in the 'trix, a half dozen windows open, one of them blaring street metal just a little too loud.

Zero Prime
2019-04-13, 03:44 AM

Jian smiled softly at Smoke's reposed form, thankful, and not for the first time, for the use of the Nightsky. Dressed in a tailored Berwick suit, with an accompanying Great Coat, he cut a very professional image, the Nightsky added legitimacy to that image, and that's exactly what he was counting on as he exited the vehicle. He stepped lightly across the pavement, the limosine gliding slowly through traffic, he nodded to passerby's on the street as he made his way to the bank itself, scanning cautiously for the Headhunter they had identified for extraction, for if the opportunity presented itself he would set in motion their plan.

OOC: Doing a visual scan of those around the bank, as he approached the entrance for his meeting re: establishing an account and review of their safety deposit box procedures. Perception 8, specialized in Visual, [roll0]. Mental Limit 5 +1 for Vision Enhancement in Contacts. 4 hits.

Volthawk
2019-04-13, 07:17 AM
Dhole sits in the front of the limo, the bank-side window open and his weapons concealed but close to hand as he keeps an eye on things. Close enough to get to the bank if something goes wrong there, close to Smoke in case she has a problem - not that he knew of any problem she'd have here that'd need his help (the way she worked the Matrix was still mysterious to him), but he felt better being there - and able to get moving quickly when the headhunter was found. For now, though, he just kept an eye on things out at the front of the bank.

Gonna give Perception a go too, modified limit 8: [roll0] - 5 hits

Schismatic
2019-04-14, 12:18 AM
(OOC: Sorry about that, my modem and internet was playing silly buggers and I had to replace it so that it didn't bring up my modem gateway every time I tried to load pages...)

What you all see barring those cold/hotsimming ….

The throngs open up. The streets become a cacophony of traffic. A dwarf bedecked in the latest offerings from Vashon's executive business wear line-up holding a simple white umbrella, with darkened shades walks far taller than his actual stature. The healthy brow complexion of a fit, middle-aged specimen of metahumanity walked with an assurance they were a predator even I a world of mere predators. A grin creased his features, a mockery of professional hospitableness that he wore did not disguise the fact that people who obviously know him, by reputation or directly, parted way for him as if he were a sandbar diverting the metahuman waves.

Symbolic as always, the old tradition of bank managers being the first to personally open their branch for business. An archaic skeleton key is produced from his right pocket and inserted into a pair of ballistic slatted glass door locks as they slide upwards on motorised railing to hide its industrial-look fade, and a more modern-appropriate keycard is produced and swiped. The practiced dance of fingers born from thousands of co-ordinated steps across a keypad activates the motion sensors and allows electricity to flow through the mechanical jaws of the building. Obediently opening for the master of the domain with a quiet roll of their hinges.

Day trading would soon commence...

Smoke sits in the limo, quietly drooling as she's passed out. Smoke also sits in the 'trix, a half dozen windows open, one of them blaring street metal just a little too loud.

The grid comes alive! Slowly at first, trickles, then a million icons as if an expanding day-glo green slime mould rapidly bleed out from the port-side town centre. With fungal-like blossoming icons of hosts, pop-up adverts, and the buzz of the electronic hives of activity. The noise of the marketplace booting up is hectic, chaotic, as the PRB-paid public grid is heavily sponsored by the Belawan Branch …. distant rumbles of electronic interference erupt at the seams of the public grid as a fresh batch of electronic warfare erupts between Ache rebels and Indonesian forces--but nothing out of the ordinary in this part of the Sixth World.

+2 Noise (Public Grid)

Two bank host icons emerge, along wth innumerable commlink traffic nearby, flickers with the rapid transit of data. The public, obviously a lawful trading floor consultancy host designed for customers flickers and the local branch public host offers a pop-up to all entrants--predominantly directing people to await the next available financial consultant or SEA day trader.

-- And thank you, dear customer, for selecting Belawan Financial Services -- a friendly representative of Pac-Rim Banking will be with you shortly. --

Public Host lawful traffic...

Invite Marks: 1
No. of Marks: 1
Duration: 1 hour (Approximately when markets in the region open)

(If you hack/and or enter either host, perform an immediate matrix perception check and I'll roll in secret)

Jian smiled softly at Smoke's reposed form, thankful, and not for the first time, for the use of the Nightsky. Dressed in a tailored Berwick suit, with an accompanying Great Coat, he cut a very professional image, the Nightsky added legitimacy to that image, and that's exactly what he was counting on as he exited the vehicle. He stepped lightly across the pavement, the limosine gliding slowly through traffic, he nodded to passerby's on the street as he made his way to the bank itself, scanning cautiously for the Headhunter they had identified for extraction, for if the opportunity presented itself he would set in motion their plan.

Apparently they're not here yet.... The 40-ish number of people currently lined up chattering away on their commlinks, pulling up economic indices, latest news and projections -- You do however spot Jasmine. The orc girl quietly changing into her spare, clean Knight Errant uniform in the darkened alley beside the bank. She looks abysmally overworked, and only thanks to their goblinized fortitude it's likely she manages not to have collapsed...

Sounds from down the end of the alley flanking the rear garage seems to suggest the movement of a van, the chattering of guards, the telltale sounds of stomping boots jumping out the back of something. Apparently a guard rotation...

Dhole sits in the front of the limo, the bank-side window open and his weapons concealed but close to hand as he keeps an eye on things. Close enough to get to the bank if something goes wrong there, close to Smoke in case she has a problem - not that he knew of any problem she'd have here that'd need his help (the way she worked the Matrix was still mysterious to him), but he felt better being there - and able to get moving quickly when the headhunter was found. For now, though, he just kept an eye on things out at the front of the bank.

Gonna give Perception a go too, modified limit 8: [roll0] - 5 hits

You see a bedraggled elf girl in the mix. A glint of chrome struck by blossoming morning light. She is wearing a hooded cloak disguised as synthleather, but your experience tells you it's duraplas plated with a lining of Ultimo ballistic fabric. A black and red slipcase likely concealing a deck peaks out from beneath the confines of her armoured weather-beater cloak.. She is purposely attempting to blend in, almost successfully--She didn't match any of the pictures of headhunters--could this be the meatform of the corporate spider, Noko?

She didn't seem engaged with the 'Trix just now... maybe this lull in current activity might be useful...

Eldest
2019-04-25, 01:12 AM
Smoke steps into the bank host, pulling a face. It's antiseptic to a fault, soft glowing corporate sterile walls and desks and one (1) decorative chair in the waiting room. She peers across the host as she walks up to the teller, taking stock of the organized chaos of the host behind them. By the time she's gotten to the pleasantly nonthreatening Indonesian woman, she's pegged the watcher IC patrolling the host. Looks like a 30 second circuit, at a guess, rectangular, and she had about 6 seconds before it was close enough to scan her. Smoke was here legally at the moment, though, so she proceeds to the second observation: there was one door that in all the worker-bee chaos of the bank, nobody went through. Conspicuously avoided, in fact, as best they could, and it had a rather noticeable lock on the door compared to the open door policy of the rest of the bank. She'd found the data storage.

The teller speaks up in Cantonese, the language Smoke had set to be her current profile's preferred language. "Welcome to the Belawan Financial Services, subsidiary of Pacific Rim Banking. We thank you for your patronage, and one of our consultants will be with you shortly. In order to better assist us in meeting your financial needs, could you please fill out which subject fields you wish to discuss with one of our friendly staffers--"

"Yes, thank you. I'm here to check on my account's status. Mrs. Mei Ling, 7/1/2055."

"One moment... I'm not seeing an account with those details, ma'am."

"I don't under- wait. You said this was Pacific Rim Banking? I'm in the wrong bank, I do sincerely apologize." Making her excuses, she steps back out of the host and drops back into her body for a brief second, resetting her persona. Time for the actual heist. She steps back onto the 'trix, grinning. Take two.

Schismatic
2019-04-30, 09:59 AM
As Smoke's dalliances with the host unveils their ultimate destination, the crew locate the perfect location of the inevitable ambush. A decent side alley for their waiting vehicle.... two blocks down from the bank to Hobbles' most likely form of egress back to Singapore.

Just as well as Smoke's detector pinged as Hobbles came into range. He was heading towards the bank assuming their readings were accurate. And punctual at that, as the doors to the bank opened allowing the flood of bankers into the building as a new day of trading sprung to life as the financial world deigned fit to both shackle and enrich those deigned to be worthy in its eyes.

Now or never....

(OOC: Okay; pressing ahead... do some hacking, organize for the ambush, finish the job, get paid.)

Eldest
2019-05-08, 10:44 AM
Smoke waltzes into the server, looking for all the world like one of the workers in the back, showing up late. She heads backwards, calling a sprite and repeating her call when it's resistant, wincing as the feedback gives her the start of a headache. An office drone, faceless but for a happy smiling mouth, stares eyelessly at the one locked door, before producing a fancy, oversized key and handing it to her. The host was hers, for the moment. She strides inside.

Once inside, she takes a moment to erase herself and the sprite from the host's security's perception. Best to stay off the cameras, yeah? She takes a moment to find the account she's after, flicking through records in a filing cabinet, before inserting her code into the account. She gives the rest of the account a once over too, finding where the account's records are and seeing if there was a data bomb installed. With no bombs in sight, she'll grab a copy of the account records, and then remove any records of her from the host's files. After that, she'll ghost on out of the hosts, tossing the key aside as both it and the assistant dissolve back into Resonance. That's all, folks.

She sits up in the car, rubbing her head. "Got it set on the bank's end."

Schismatic
2019-05-11, 01:37 PM
(OOC: Sorry about the pause, but I've been super busy...)

Smoke waltzes into the server, looking for all the world like one of the workers in the back, showing up late. She heads backwards, calling a sprite and repeating her call when it's resistant, wincing as the feedback gives her the start of a headache. An office drone, faceless but for a happy smiling mouth, stares eyelessly at the one locked door, before producing a fancy, oversized key and handing it to her. The host was hers, for the moment. She strides inside.

Once inside, she takes a moment to erase herself and the sprite from the host's security's perception. Best to stay off the cameras, yeah? She takes a moment to find the account she's after, flicking through records in a filing cabinet, before inserting her code into the account. She gives the rest of the account a once over too, finding where the account's records are and seeing if there was a data bomb installed. With no bombs in sight, she'll grab a copy of the account records, and then remove any records of her from the host's files. After that, she'll ghost on out of the hosts, tossing the key aside as both it and the assistant dissolve back into Resonance. That's all, folks.

She sits up in the car, rubbing her head. "Got it set on the bank's end."

Smashing through the nested host with her crack sprite, the white walls of the exterior host faded away to a crackling, somewhat jarring interplay of chaotic data streams and loud parsing handshakes between connecting nodes of information. While her entrance and meddling would eventually be discovered, she knew they had time. Precise little--but time none the less.

Blitzing, yellow numerical streaks fly through the air. All encrypted, all encoded.

The plan goes smoothly more or less. With Hobbles playing his part of the unassuming victim-to-be. Wandering towards the bank, lost in his own little world. The headhunter in question trudges along, dressed in an off-the-rack microfiber suit. The charcoal grey jacket and slacks, and faux-Italian loafers, it seemed like he was trying to (unsuccessfully blend into the crowd).

Roll initiative and Stealth.

Schismatic
2019-05-17, 02:07 AM
Hobbles enters the bank, disappearing from view and the artificial cleanliness of the bank front -- like clockwork emerging 5 minutes afterwards. The blips and beeps of your commfinder app and radio notifying his movement once again. The faux microfiber business suit trying to mesh with the tattooed body dwarf who looks far more visibly wearied and weathered of the world in comparison to the badly meshed disguise of middle classdom he dressed to blend into. Complimenting the look, a black briefcase of synth leather and looking discretely reinforced....

Hobbles wanders down Belmera road to the pre-planned ambush site...

Zero Prime
2019-05-19, 06:46 AM

Jian took a deep breath as he exited the bank, Hobbles position displayed in the upper left of his field of vision, where he kept an AR map of the current situation. He noted his teammates were in position, so it was time to move. He closed his eyes, put on a face of professional disinterest, and moved through the morning crowd, keeping pace with his target until he approached the mouth of the prearranged alley.

He veered left, quickly, his sudden movements likely catching Hobbles attention, "Grant Jianjun, Pacific Rim, Division Seven, Counter Extraction." He flipped some spoofed AR credentials provided by Smoke to the target's comm, they wouldn't hold up, but he was hoping he'd be too distracted to view them in detail over the next 90 seconds. "Hobbles, we need to move, there are three Malaysian Banking assets vectoring in on your location." He reached out and grabbed the stealth tag he had planted on Hobbles, allowing him to see where it had been secured before throwing it to the concrete walkway and crushing it under heel, "You've been compromised." He looked over his shoulder conspicuously, watching the small surveillance drone zero in on their position. Jian pushed Hobbles into the alley, "Move, move!" His cybernetic hand fished under his coat, pulling his Remington clear of it's concealed shoulder rig.

He took aim at the drone, and fired a quick burst from his pistol in it's general vicinity, and as he did so their concealed sniper took his shot. The vidscreen to their immediate right cracked and sputtered, the electronics trying to work the image around the high velocity round that had just shattered it's screen.

"My vehicle's at the far end of the alley Hobbles, move!" There was controlled panic on his face, "Neither of us want to end up in a Malay black site!"

OOC: As rolled on Discord, Con (FastTalk) 16, with 2 dice from First Impression, netted me 7 Hits, with a limit of 10, I am in the clear. My Remington has a sound suppressor, so the burst might cause some people to scatter, but it's not immediately obvious, as it is coming from the mouth of an alley with limited camera coverage. Hopefully enough Hits to get Hobbles to come with me to the far end of the alley, where the limo is waiting and Dhole can intimidate him to come with us, and the negotiations can begin.

Schismatic
2019-05-23, 02:34 PM

Jian took a deep breath as he exited the bank, Hobbles position displayed in the upper left of his field of vision, where he kept an AR map of the current situation. He noted his teammates were in position, so it was time to move. He closed his eyes, put on a face of professional disinterest, and moved through the morning crowd, keeping pace with his target until he approached the mouth of the prearranged alley.

He veered left, quickly, his sudden movements likely catching Hobbles attention, "Grant Jianjun, Pacific Rim, Division Seven, Counter Extraction." He flipped some spoofed AR credentials provided by Smoke to the target's comm, they wouldn't hold up, but he was hoping he'd be too distracted to view them in detail over the next 90 seconds. "Hobbles, we need to move, there are three Malaysian Banking assets vectoring in on your location." He reached out and grabbed the stealth tag he had planted on Hobbles, allowing him to see where it had been secured before throwing it to the concrete walkway and crushing it under heel, "You've been compromised." He looked over his shoulder conspicuously, watching the small surveillance drone zero in on their position. Jian pushed Hobbles into the alley, "Move, move!" His cybernetic hand fished under his coat, pulling his Remington clear of it's concealed shoulder rig.

He took aim at the drone, and fired a quick burst from his pistol in it's general vicinity, and as he did so their concealed sniper took his shot. The vidscreen to their immediate right cracked and sputtered, the electronics trying to work the image around the high velocity round that had just shattered it's screen.

"My vehicle's at the far end of the alley Hobbles, move!" There was controlled panic on his face, "Neither of us want to end up in a Malay black site!"

Hobbles bobbed his head up, listening to something on the Matrix, and suddenly winced as his gold-plated Renraku Emperor commlink fizzles as Smoke shorts and attacks it and the electronic noise blots out most signals into his headset. The sudden ambush takes him by surprise. His hand darts into jacket as if to procure a side slung concealed pistol as Jian rocks up. The sincerity of the set up allows the dwarf a fatal suspension of disbelief.

Gripping the armoured briefcase tightly he wordlessly he nods at the display, immediately crouching low and crept forward down the alley as he drew his Ares Predator and switching off its integral smartlink as his PAN was undersiege... relying on his small frame and surprising agility, darting between trashcans and dumpsters as if to cover his retreat....

vs. Con 4 hits (5, 1, 4, 1, 1, 5, 4, 6, 2, 3, 2, 4, 5, 3)

The alleyway was dim, and Hobbles has begun to run, imposing a -4 to ranged defences. He proceeds 10m into a dark alleyway that is 3m wide and about 50 metres long...

Hobbles has partial cover that offered 2 Armour and 4 Structure.

Eldest
2019-05-28, 12:31 AM
Smoke's sitting in the matrix, watching the whole op go down. Oi, that almost hit my fragging drone! She's got eyes in the sky, she's got the team's sensors all hooked in, and she's checking for anybody running silent, just in case.

Volthawk
2019-05-29, 03:43 PM
As Hobbes starts running, Dhole steps out into the alley. Mask on, he raises his SMG and fires a burst at the running dwarf, his shots carefully aimed to hit the trashcans and dumpsters around his target - close enough to help sell the story Renaissance was telling without actually hitting the guy, and keep him running. Life on Fousyun-shi had given him a good amount of experience with scaring people without hitting them, on the days he just wanted the troublemaker of the moment away from his family without bloodshed.

Dhole stays at the entrance to the alley for a few moments longer to confirm that he'd caused the effect he wanted, before walking away to meet up with the limo. So far, this was going well. Turns out the new guy could come up with a pretty good plan.

Janwin
2019-05-29, 04:05 PM
((Sorry for not posting recently. Was real busy with getting married and whatnot.))

After doing his part and laying down a few well-placed but "inaccurate" rounds, Icarus polices his brass to remove any evidence that the shots were fired from here and quickly repositions himself in case anyone was able to hear the shots. After all, it wouldn't be good to get pinched when he hadn't even killed anyone.

Over Smoke's commlink comes the message:

"Where are we supposed to meet up? That was a bit unclear."