PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Controlling Creatures?

Alistaroc
2019-02-26, 11:06 AM
If you're adventuring in Hyperborea with Madame Damage and Eirlo the Unlucky, don't look!

So I'm going to throw a Dendrite Hedgewitch from Spheres of Power at my players. She's got an Amargasaurus animal companion, and looking at it, I can't hlep but think of the Bewilderbeasts from How to Train Your Dragon. They vibrate their spines and do some hypnotism mumbo-jumbo to control dragons. Is there a way in Pathfinder (3rd party included) to let this animal companion command creatures similar to it? Speaking with animals of the same species is the closest thing I've found, though it doesn't give them any control.

Mehangel
2019-02-27, 07:50 AM
If I recall correctly, an animal companion can dramatically increase its feat list once their Intelligence score is raised high enough. When this happens, have it take the Basic Magical Training feat for the Mind sphere (w/ Animal Shaman sphere-specific drawback).

Segev
2019-02-27, 11:15 AM
Probably wrong edition and too high level, but I believe the Arcane Hierophant specifically merges their familiar class feature with their animal companion class feature, giving their animal companion familiar benefits.

stack
2019-02-27, 11:56 AM
You are the DM, go ahead and throw basic magical training on it regardless of its intelligence.