PDA

View Full Version : DM Help DM Feedback Form for Players?

Merudo
2019-02-27, 08:08 AM
Some of my players are shy and don't give much feedback after a session.

Is there a feedback form that I could print & give to the players so they can give me feedback anonymously?

nickl_2000
2019-02-27, 08:13 AM
Why not do a Surveymonkey online? You have the ability to create as many surveys as you like with 10 or less questions and it is completely anonymous.

Zhorn
2019-02-27, 09:01 PM
For my next campaign I'm going to give out some index cards at the start if a session for players to write down requests for what they would like to see, directions they'd like to take the campaign, etc.
It's not the exact same as feedback on what I'm doing now, but it gives me an avenue to focus on what they like more or have a greater interest in, so I can plan the next sessions to be more inline with those interests.
It also skirts around the directness issue that shy players steer away from. They can just jot down thoughts during the session quietly, add it to the groups stack and have them collected up at the end.

Orc_Lord
2019-02-27, 10:33 PM
Players suck at giving input that is useful. Sometimes even the ones that do, what they think they want versus what they actually want differs.

I have tried listening about what they talk about to each other post game, survey monkey, asking after games. Changing my questions so they are more shuttle, things like "what was your least favorite part this session".

I never feel like I get anything useful from them. What works best for me (and I guess the people they play with me) is I pay attention when players get excited, raise their voices for. As you DM more you will see what people keep bringing up.

Then comes the fun part is figuring out the why they like it so you can give it back to them all stealth like.

KorvinStarmast
2019-02-27, 10:49 PM
Players suck at giving input that is useful. Unless it comes with pizza.

Actually, I have found that players who have DM'd a bit often provide good feedback. But you also, as a DM, need to learn how to ask the right questions.

Randomthom
2019-02-28, 03:19 AM
Sometimes you've just got to try a few things and watch/listen carefully to what they get stuck into the most.