PDA

View Full Version : Build Contests

The Kool
2019-02-27, 09:41 AM
I know there's several contest threads around here, like Junkyard Wars and Iron Chef. I think the Homebrew forum has a Contest tag but there isn't one here. I'm only interested in ones that are active (even if they're slow). Are there any others than those two?

Mike Miller
2019-02-27, 09:46 AM
Villainous competition

PrismCat21
2019-02-27, 11:21 AM
Look at the first couple pages of the forum and you'll see any and all currently active contests.

daremetoidareyo
2019-02-27, 03:40 PM
Gamewarpers #4 is running for another 8 days

daremetoidareyo
2019-02-28, 12:42 PM
E6? I think that one is in judgement now

The Kool
2019-02-28, 12:47 PM
Yeah, Game Warpers and Iron Chef are both in judging (though Iron Chef hit the deadline, so I hope to see a new one shortly).

daremetoidareyo
2019-02-28, 12:58 PM
Yeah, Game Warpers and Iron Chef are both in judging (though Iron Chef hit the deadline, so I hope to see a new one shortly).

Gamewarpers is accepting entries until the 7th of march. Get lycanthropy and join us

The Kool
2019-02-28, 01:03 PM
Gamewarpers is accepting entries until the 7th of march. Get lycanthropy and join us

OK I remembered the wrong one, then. But yeah I would, were I not designing a base class for the Homebrew forum that's due on the 8th. And dealing with some IM-based shenaniganery that one of my players is pursuing. Looking for something that's not due quite so soon.

2019-02-28, 01:30 PM
The contests I'm aware of are:

Iron Chef (take this awful prestige class and make something cool with it)
Villainous Competition (make a BBEG around this iteration's theme)
Junkyard Wars (you must use this and this, and you must not use this)
Gamewarper's Optimization (break this thing)
Zinc Saucier (Build something that doesn't use the secret ingredient at all, but feels/plays a lot like the secret ingredient does)

Unfortunately it's been awhile since Zinc Saucier has had a competition.

The Kool
2019-02-28, 01:42 PM
Zinc Saucier sounds like a lot of fun. So much so in fact, that it remind me of my current main character: A 'Paladin' who is in fact a Favored Soul.