PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Druid build halp

Amdy_vill
2019-02-27, 08:14 PM
So i want to make a Vampire druid using plane shift Zendikar. Is there any way for moon druid to do necromancy(animate dead and create undead) if not any tips for a spore druid build.

Amdy_vill
2019-02-28, 07:44 AM
This was what I Am thinking. Vampire Zen moon druid with the Golgari background. I can really find any way to get create undead with out a large dip into wizard or sorcerer.

Garfunion
2019-02-28, 08:09 AM
Why Moon Druid, when you know Spore Druid can give you what you want.

Amdy_vill
2019-02-28, 08:17 AM
Why Moon Druid, when you know Spore Druid can give you what you want.

Spore gets create undead? I was going moon to prevent over lap with my background and so I could get the big temp hit point pool they get from there better wild shape.

Garfunion
2019-02-28, 08:31 AM
Spore gets create undead? I was going moon to prevent over lap with my background and so I could get the big temp hit point pool they get from there better wild shape.
The create undead spell is a high level spell, requiring 11 levels in cleric, warlock, or wizard. I would suggest going spore druid and your choice of cleric domain.

Amdy_vill
2019-02-28, 08:50 AM
The create undead spell is a high level spell, requiring 11 levels in cleric, warlock, or wizard. I would suggest going spore druid and your choice of cleric domain.

any suggestion on a cleric domain.

Garfunion
2019-02-28, 09:02 AM
any suggestion on a cleric domain.
How are you going to RP your character and what will your “fighting style” be?

Amdy_vill
2019-02-28, 10:22 AM
How are you going to RP your character and what will your “fighting style” be?

RP: I am a person torn between two worlds. this a mtg game so we are using mana as alinements. he is torn between his BU conniving and info gathering ways and his more GB natural and corrupting ideals.

fighting style is support and having undead do nonleth so i can come in and bite them to kill them. i was thing of dual wielding as my primary weapons when push comes to shove.

GooeyChewie
2019-02-28, 10:46 AM
Spore Druid already feels pretty Green-Black to me. If you want to lean more into Green, you could go Nature Domain. For Black Death Domain seems like the obvious choice, though one could argue for Grave Domain if you want to keep your friends out of the grave. Knowledge Domain would add Blue, though with the Druid class you’d be more GBU than straight BU.

As for the fighting style, neither Druid nor Cleric (nor any full caster) really supports dual-wielding. With a Spore Druid/Cleric build you will do most of your damage via spells, including Cantrups. If you want to bop something on the head, your most effective option would probably be the Shillelagh cantrip to let you use Wisdom on the attacks.

Garfunion
2019-02-28, 11:37 AM
I’m starting to think it would be better to convince your DM in letting you learn create undead spell as a Druid spell (maybe restrict your access to other “summoning” spells), seeing as how it is the only reason you need to multiclassing cleric.
For the knowledge seeking conniving part; the right proficiency in certain skills and the magic initiate feat(wizard; friends cantrip and find familiar spell) can go a long way.

What level are you starting at and what is you background all about. I can’t seem to find it?

Rukelnikov
2019-02-28, 11:51 AM
I’m starting to think it would be better to convince your DM in letting you learn create undead spell as a Druid spell (maybe restrict your access to other “summoning” spells), seeing as how it is the only reason you need to multiclassing cleric.
For the knowledge seeking conniving part; the right proficiency in certain skills and the magic initiate feat(wizard; friends cantrip and find familiar spell) can go a long way.

What level are you starting at and what is you background all about. I can’t seem to find it?

This. If you go Spore Druid, he may let you swap Conjure Fey/Elemental for Create Undead, and you would be like a Blighter

Amdy_vill
2019-02-28, 01:24 PM

Level 4 and Its from guild master guide to Ravnica

Garfunion
2019-02-28, 02:18 PM
Level 4 and Its from guild master guide to Ravnica
I still standby getting your DM to allow you to learn create undead spell, instead of multiclassing into cleric. What so important about needing the spell?

Amdy_vill
2019-02-28, 02:20 PM
I still standby getting your DM to allow you to learn create undead spell, instead of multiclassing into cleric. What so important about needing the spell?

Just necromancy efficiency. getting things bigger than zombies. I will talk to my DM.