PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Viking setting paladin (tips?)

Mnemius
2019-02-28, 12:19 AM
Friend of mine has a pathfinder-based homebrew setting with a viking setting painted over it.
Notable divergences:
spell points instead of spell slots, can regen spell points by praying/meditating (1 point per round, yes, Out of combat healing is silly)
Spells slots are rather the spells you prep. They cost level in spell points. If you don't have it prepped, it's 2x level.
Crits auto-confirm.
Weapon Finesse also adds +dex to damage with finesse weapons.
Gain max hp each level up.

He had some friends already going when I got invited to join in. They had an arcane caster and a bard, and an npc fighter.
I couldn't make up my mind, but a paladin seemed like a fun class to play with this group. (I normally play full casters.)

So, I was told to roll stats, 4d6, re roll 1s&2s, drop lowest. Of the 6 stats, drop lowest and replace with an automatic 18.

Ended up with: (Told DM these were too good, he said keep them, he's less likely to kill me.)
Str: 22 (18 + 2 human + 2 equipment)
Dex: 15
Con: 17
Int: 16
Wis: 17
Cha: 18 (17 +1 at level 4)

I was told to start at level 4, with a +2 stat item, and masterwork gear (no special materials really)
So went with a +2 str belt. Dropped my level 4 stat point into Char for +1 to all saves.

Out of Norse deities, picked Thor, so hammer-type weapon theme. So lugging around a masterwork earthbreaker as weapon. Ranged weapon of a masterwork composite longbow (counts 2 points of STR bonus), and wearing masterwork full plate.

Traits: Unscathed (elemental resists get +2, plays with Human Paladin favored class bonus of +1 to an energy resist...)
Seeker (Perception +1 and is a class skill)

Feats:
1st: Power Attack
Human: Cleave
3rd: Greater Mercy (My lay on hands heal an extra 1d6 if my mercies aren't used.)
5th: ??? (currently leaning towards Combat Reflexes)

Tips on going big bashy paladin with a big hammer? Level 6 going divine bond weapon.