PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Divine Soul Vengeance Sorcadin spell list- please check if good

Alucard89
2019-02-28, 09:14 AM
Sorcadin 6/14 Vengeance Oath Divine Soul Sorcerer.

From Vengeance Paladin: Misty Step and Hold Person + other Paladin spells like Aid, Bless etc. etc.

Now my play is to take to following spells on Divine Sorcerer. Going by Levels:

1. Shield and Absorb Elements
2. Whatever- will be replaced next level
3. Spiritual Weapon and Web
4. Whatever interesting- will be replaced next level
5. Spirit Guardians and Hypnotic Pattern
6. Haste
7. Banishment seems like best option of 4th level spells but I could also take Revivify instead or Counter spell. All 3 options seem good here.
8. Greater Invisibility or Death Ward
9. Animated Objects
10. Holy Weapon

Justification about above: party don't have Sorcerer or Wizard so I like to invest in AOE damage (Spirit Guardians) and AOE CC (Web + Hypontic Pattern + upcasted Hold Person). Also Buffs - Haste + Holy Weapon and Greater Invisibility or Death Ward. Animated Objects as summon/DPR spell and

Banishment to remove crucial target from battle first and deal with adds. Though considering I am Vengeance Sorcadin- killing crucial targets is my job- I could replace Banishment wiht Revivify as we don't have Cleric or second paladin in party.

However we have Druid so I could maybe later replace Web with Shadow Blade or some other spell because Druid is already AOE CC heavy. But If I cast WEB he can focus on Moon Beam or other simillar spell.

In later levels I plan for sure to take Heal and Disintegration.

Spiritchaser
2019-02-28, 09:28 AM
I’d explore that shadow blade thought.

I’m playing a very similar character, and while it is NOT mandatory, shadow blade can add a lot of DPR for those encounters where DPR is what’s needed. It’s generally going to do better than holy weapon, though that’s obviously situational.

I’m also a fan of sanctuary since you are DS

A critical question:

What metamagic options are you taking?

Sorcerers succeed or fail to a large degree on the synergy between their Spell choices and their metamagic choices

Sorcadins perhaps almost as much.

Alucard89
2019-02-28, 09:54 AM
I’d explore that shadow blade thought.

I’m playing a very similar character, and while it is NOT mandatory, shadow blade can add a lot of DPR for those encounters where DPR is what’s needed. It’s generally going to do better than holy weapon, though that’s obviously situational.

I’m also a fan of sanctuary since you are DS

A critical question:

What metamagic options are you taking?

Sorcerers succeed or fail to a large degree on the synergy between their Spell choices and their metamagic choices

Sorcadins perhaps almost as much.

I like Shadow Blade but our DM love magic items and weapon so I already have Longsword +1 with extra 1d8 force damage, which with Holy Weapon will give me when needed later a 4d8 total damage for 1 hour. To compare a 5th level slot Shadow Blade is 4d8 for 1 minute. both are 5th slot spells. I like Shadow Blade but I don't think it's mandatory. Besides with my current Longsword I will prefer to Haste myself instead If I will need extra single target DPR. Haste combos better with VoE.

On lower levels since I have good magic longsword I prefer Spiritual Weapon vs Shadow Blade due to bonus attack.

For Metamagic I will take Quicken and Twin of course as first. On 10th level I think Extended would fit my role better as I could then Extend both Aid and Death Ward to make them 16 hours which would allow me to buff my whole party for the next day before long rest.

Sanctuary is great but I am afraid I might not have room for it. Maybe I could replace Web with it but I feel like having Access to AOE CC that targets something else than WIS (Hold Person, Hypnotic Pattern) is good to have.

Corran
2019-02-28, 10:01 AM
Too many concentration spells IMO.
Going with divine soul as your sorcerer origin, has the benefit that you have access to more concentration-free spells than you would have if you were going with any other origin. So I'd try to narrow down my concentration spells (taking into account paladin options) to a much smaller number, and then I would fill the list with concentration-free spells.

Alucard89
2019-02-28, 10:08 AM
Too many concentration spells IMO.
Going with divine soul as your sorcerer origin, has the benefit that you have access to more concentration-free spells than you would have if you were going with any other origin. So I'd try to narrow down my concentration spells (taking into account paladin options) to a much smaller number, and then I would fill the list with concentration-free spells.

But apart from WEB and Hypnotic Pattern which are the same (AOE CC) the rest conc spells are for different situations: Hold Person is for single combo vs enemy without Legendary/Magic Resistance. Haste if for self buff (or Twin) vs enemy with Legendary/Magic Resistance. Holy Weapon is a buff for few encounters (1 hour duration). Spirit Guardians is AOE damage when there is a lot of melee enemies.

I can see Animated Objects as maybe too much due to fact that I have Druid who can summon extra bodies and single target DPR can already be covered by Haste, Hold or Holy Weapon depending on situation. So I could see changing that.

And as I wrote - I could change Web to something else. Maybe Counterspell. Then I could have both this and Revivify

I now I can have only once conc active, but the point is to have spells selection to cover most common situations.

Also- what you would change then?

Corran
2019-02-28, 11:02 AM
But apart from WEB and Hypnotic Pattern which are the same (AOE CC) the rest conc spells are for different situations: Hold Person is for single combo vs enemy without Legendary/Magic Resistance. Haste if for self buff (or Twin) vs enemy with Legendary/Magic Resistance. Holy Weapon is a buff for few encounters (1 hour duration). Spirit Guardians is AOE damage when there is a lot of melee enemies.
Basically I am thinking that you are spreading yourself too thin. Let me explain. You have a lot of spells that work to the effect of adding damage to the side. Sometimes haste might do it better, sometimes gr invisibility will do it better, sometimes bless will do it better, sometimes animate objects will do it better. It doesn't matter all that much. Not when you play with a sorcerer's limited picks (moreso when it's ds, same number of picks but from a larger list), not when you have to commit to a metamagic like twinned to support some of these choices. It will burn your sp too fast and it already has a big oportunity cost (cause when you are using one of them, you are not using any of the others, and when you have many spells that you can't use during a given encounter and at the same time your list of known spells is small, that means that you wont have many spells to influence that same encounter). Bless and spirit guardians are spells that can apply to the vast majority of situations. If you already have these spells, perhaps grab a couple of CC along with the careful metamagic (fear or hypnotic pattern is the obvious choice if your DM follows sage advice, else web, stinking cloud and a few more can also find some synergy here; not that a spell like web is bad if you can't pair it with careful), to use when debuffing/controlling the battlefield would be more important than adding damage, then use your picks with non concentration spells. Like pick a (couple of) instantaneous AoE (with different damage type to each other), pick the usual defensive buffs (shield absorb elements and counterspell). And I say that before even taking into account the fact that you picked ds as your sorc origin. Not sure which of the following I would pick (cause picking spells for a ds gives me a headache), but they are all options worth considering: sanctuary, healing word (I think you can get that as your free ds spell), freedom of movement (plays well with web), death ward, mass cure wounds, greater restoration, revivify/raise dead, heal. The concentration-free spells seem lackluster when you compaire them with most concentration spells, but they more than make up for it because of the restrictions on concentration, that is that you can only concentrate one one such spell at a time.

Bottom line, try to pick the best concentration spells while also keeping them to a minimum. It's hard to quantify, prove, or just difficult at least for me to make a good case of, but I think that (at least for a sorcerer or sorcadin) it's hard to justify too specialized versatility on concentration spell selection. Because known spells and sp are limited, because there is certainly overlap between the spells and because metamagic work better with a more specialized selection.

Guy Lombard-O
2019-02-28, 11:18 AM
I can see Animated Objects as maybe too much due to fact that I have Druid who can summon extra bodies and single target DPR can already be covered by Haste, Hold or Holy Weapon depending on situation. So I could see changing that.

That's one spell I wouldn't get rid of. Not only is it spectacular damage (which you can leave running without even a bonus action to activate, unless you're switching targets), but it can provide a lot of non-combat utility in certain situations ("castle gate, open thyself!").

Oh, and it terms of Spiritual Weapon, while it's a great (non-concentration) spell, somebody else recently schooled me about how the recent errata concerning spears and PAM makes it a bit less great as the go-to bonus action for a paladin. Using spear & shield lets you remain well armored but still use a BA attack with the possibility of a divine smite, without using the 2nd-level slot to cast the SW. I'm trying this out on my next venge paladin.

Alucard89
2019-02-28, 12:27 PM
That's one spell I wouldn't get rid of. Not only is it spectacular damage (which you can leave running without even a bonus action to activate, unless you're switching targets), but it can provide a lot of non-combat utility in certain situations ("castle gate, open thyself!").

Oh, and it terms of Spiritual Weapon, while it's a great (non-concentration) spell, somebody else recently schooled me about how the recent errata concerning spears and PAM makes it a bit less great as the go-to bonus action for a paladin. Using spear & shield lets you remain well armored but still use a BA attack with the possibility of a divine smite, without using the 2nd-level slot to cast the SW. I'm trying this out on my next venge paladin.

I know about Shield + Spear combo and it was also possible before errata with Quarterstaff (which is same dmg as Spear anyway). However it's extra ASI for bonus action attack that:

1. Already competes with a lot of Sorcadin bonus action economy like: Spiritual Weapon, quicken spell, quicken cantrips, bonus action spells etc.

2. Eats precious ASI which is already limited on Vuman 6/14 Sorcadin as if your DM approves (like mine did) and you start with War Caster, you will have 20 CHA at level 10. But by RAW you can't start with War Caster as Paladin so RES (CON), Then 18 CHA and 20 CHA at level 10. And you absolutely need some Concentration save boosting feat as Sorcadin. Meaning no War Caster or delayed War Caster or 20 CHA till level 14. With PAM taken it pushes everything even further by another 4 levels, which is something imo even Vuman Sorcadin can't afford.

3. It locks you in certain weapons. As SnB Socradin you can use any magic weapon you find: swords, warhammers, axes, rapiers, spears, staffs etc. If you have taken PAM and not use Spear or Staff- you wasted your ASI. It might be not a problem if you have generous DM who just hands out specific magic weapons but we like random enchantment weapons so it gives more options to have fun with them. And in AL you won't find any unique magical spears.

Overall while PAM is great on pure Paladins, especially Vengeance, I think it's unnecessary for Sorcadins, especially if you can mimick extra attack with Spiritual Weapon and when you need to go full Nova- quicken Booming Blade is better than PAM extra attack without GWM.

Alucard89
2019-02-28, 12:47 PM
Basically I am thinking that you are spreading yourself too thin. Let me explain. You have a lot of spells that work to the effect of adding damage to the side. Sometimes haste might do it better, sometimes gr invisibility will do it better, sometimes bless will do it better, sometimes animate objects will do it better. It doesn't matter all that much. Not when you play with a sorcerer's limited picks (moreso when it's ds, same number of picks but from a larger list), not when you have to commit to a metamagic like twinned to support some of these choices. It will burn your sp too fast and it already has a big oportunity cost (cause when you are using one of them, you are not using any of the others, and when you have many spells that you can't use during a given encounter and at the same time your list of known spells is small, that means that you wont have many spells to influence that same encounter). Bless and spirit guardians are spells that can apply to the vast majority of situations. If you already have these spells, perhaps grab a couple of CC along with the careful metamagic (fear or hypnotic pattern is the obvious choice if your DM follows sage advice, else web, stinking cloud and a few more can also find some synergy here; not that a spell like web is bad if you can't pair it with careful), to use when debuffing/controlling the battlefield would be more important than adding damage, then use your picks with non concentration spells. Like pick a (couple of) instantaneous AoE (with different damage type to each other), pick the usual defensive buffs (shield absorb elements and counterspell). And I say that before even taking into account the fact that you picked ds as your sorc origin. Not sure which of the following I would pick (cause picking spells for a ds gives me a headache), but they are all options worth considering: sanctuary, healing word (I think you can get that as your free ds spell), freedom of movement (plays well with web), death ward, mass cure wounds, greater restoration, revivify/raise dead, heal. The concentration-free spells seem lackluster when you compaire them with most concentration spells, but they more than make up for it because of the restrictions on concentration, that is that you can only concentrate one one such spell at a time.

Bottom line, try to pick the best concentration spells while also keeping them to a minimum. It's hard to quantify, prove, or just difficult at least for me to make a good case of, but I think that (at least for a sorcerer or sorcadin) it's hard to justify too specialized versatility on concentration spell selection. Because known spells and sp are limited, because there is certainly overlap between the spells and because metamagic work better with a more specialized selection.

I hear you. Ok, so maybe something like this more:

5. Spirit Guardians, Hypnotic Pattern and Revivify (removing Web)
6. Haste
7. Counterspell (or Fireball if my Warlock friend will take it).
8. Death Ward
9. Animated Objects
10. Holy Weapon or Cone of Cold

Fryy
2019-02-28, 01:36 PM

6. Haste
8. Death Ward
9. Animated Objects

IMVHO...

Possible Reductions: This is to look for ways to clear up space to add alternate spells
A. Web - one too many CC's. Suggest to drop and rely on Spirit Guardians and Hypnotic Pattern
B. One of (Haste or Holy Weapon) - Both melee attack concentration damage boosters. Possibly switch from Haste to Holy Weapon once you have multiple 5th level slots/day and enough Sorc Pts to comfortably Twin regularly.
C. Spiritual Weapon - great non-concentration spell but needs your bonus action each round to be effective for that round. Not that much excitement unless up-casted. So, it is possibly expendable for you. Note: Animate Objects requires your bonus action at least once per cast to direct the objects initially. So, it partially competes with Spiritual Weapon for your bonus action.

Possible Adds:
D. Sanctuary - Great to put on someone else for you to be more tanky
E. Bestow Curse - non-concentration when using a 5th level slot. Can be Twinned but note that range is touch.
F. Banishment - great with Twinning
G. Mirror Image - just a thought that this would pair nicely with Spirit Guardians

Alucard89
2019-02-28, 02:00 PM
IMVHO...

Possible Reductions: This is to look for ways to clear up space to add alternate spells
A. Web - one too many CC's. Suggest to drop and rely on Spirit Guardians and Hypnotic Pattern
B. One of (Haste or Holy Weapon) - Both melee attack concentration damage boosters. Possibly switch from Haste to Holy Weapon once you have multiple 5th level slots/day and enough Sorc Pts to comfortably Twin regularly.
C. Spiritual Weapon - great non-concentration spell but needs your bonus action each round to be effective for that round. Not that much excitement unless up-casted. So, it is possibly expendable for you. Note: Animate Objects requires your bonus action at least once per cast to direct the objects initially. So, it partially competes with Spiritual Weapon for your bonus action.

Possible Adds:
D. Sanctuary - Great to put on someone else for you to be more tanky
E. Bestow Curse - non-concentration when using a 5th level slot. Can be Twinned but note that range is touch.
F. Banishment - great with Twinning
G. Mirror Image - just a thought that this would pair nicely with Spirit Guardians

I wrote that I removed Web for Revivify later. The problem however is that with above spells I have tons of spells competing on level 3rd slot and not all are worth upcasting. But I guess it's not such a problem.

With Haste and Holy Weapon I have a problem because both complete all important melee options for front line melee gish. One is clearly winner when VoE is on boss and I have decent Magic weapon= Haste due to more chances of crit, more smites and higher defenses, making it superior in 1v1. The Holy Weapon however wins in scenarios like dungeons etc. when I can have it for 1 hour (for two people also when Twin) when going from encounter to encounter without wasting for each encounter a slot for Haste or Spirit Guardians. Holy Weapon can be held through several fights. And even if meeting a boss suddenly - it will still hold its own vs Haste even though in perfect scenario I would prefer VoE + Haste first turn and go full ham next turns. In short what I think is:

Boss fight- Haste + Decent Magic Weapon and VoE wins.

Moving from Encounter to Encounter - Holy Weapon wins.

A hard battle vs many enemies with possible strong enemy behind - Spirit Guardians upcasted wins.

Banishment is nice, I agree here. I really want it. It competes however with Death Ward for me or with Counterspell. It's great spell but it's another concentration as said before. Banishment is great for removing boss from fight but so is just Smite him to the ground which is what Vengeance Sorcadin do best. However Death Ward might actually be more useful for my party. I think I will maybe take Banishment first and switch to Death Ward on level 10 where I will grab Extended to perma-buff party with Death Ward and Aid every day.

Bestow Curse is interesting, but If I want to curse one guy I'd probably prefer to try quicken Hold him instead.

Fryy
2019-02-28, 02:37 PM
I wrote that I removed Web for Revivify later. The problem however is that with above spells I have tons of spells competing on level 3rd slot and not all are worth upcasting. But I guess it's not such a problem.

Oh, you're right. I missed that you had already removed Web at Sorc level 5 in your updated list.

Boss fight- Haste + Decent Magic Weapon and VoE wins.

Moving from Encounter to Encounter - Holy Weapon wins.

Makes sense. I may add Holy Weapon to an upcoming build.

What about removing Spiritual Weapon at some point? I think I just find it boring.

Mitsu
2019-02-28, 04:01 PM
Oh, you're right. I missed that you had already removed Web at Sorc level 5 in your updated list.

Makes sense. I may add Holy Weapon to an upcoming build.

What about removing Spiritual Weapon at some point? I think I just find it boring.

Spiritual Weapon is actually great spell to combo with Spirit Guardians vs many enemies when you don't want to waste smites. But I would consider dropping it on level 16 when you would have 10 SP which will give some more freedom with bonus actions.

Spiritual weapon from 4th slot is actually a very good spell for quite long since you get higher level slots before you get spell there.

Corran
2019-02-28, 08:22 PM

6. Haste
8. Death Ward
9. Animated Objects
I am reluctent to make any suggetions on your spell list without knowing more about your party and your build.
About your build specifically, are you going s&b or with a two-hander? If going s&b, there might be better oaths than vengeance. Not that vengeance is bad, since VoE is nice even on s&b sorcadins (though definitely better on GWM ones), and since the oath spells aren't bad either.

I have an impression that you are going with S&B, if I am wrong ignore what I am about to say.
Regarding spells for single target damage, since you have all of smiting, spiritual weapon and VoE, I'd say that haste, shadow blade, and generally all the single target damage boosting concentration buff spells with small duration lose value (cause you already have plenty of ways to go nova). So if you have to pick a damage boosting concentration spell, well, I'd go with holy weapon simply because of its duration. So that's your dpr spell more than anything else. The problem is, that sticking to that one high-ish level concentration spell for that 1 in game hour (so say, 2-3 encounters to consider casting it), can backfire when you find yourself in a position when it would make sense to drop concentration on it and concentrate on sth else (eg the second encounter with holy weapon active, is against sth that would desperately call for another concentration spell; eg you come accross a horde of fire mephits so spirit guardians would help a lot, or you come accross a few stone giants so you would really want banishment, etc etc). Singleclass paladins dont have as many good concentration options as a sorcadin will have, so it can make sense for some of them to use their 5th level slot for holy weapon for several encounters. But for a sorcadin? Eh, I am very hesitant. Remember that by this level gfb is plain better than using extra attack (unless you want to go nova, but we are not talking about nova here) even without the secondary effect (significantly better if you have a chance to apply the secondary damage), so while holy weapon paired with extra attack will beat it, the fact that the gain is smaller than it would be for someone without gfb, along with the fact that it uses a 5th level slot and that it has to be picked as a sorcerer spell, and also taking into account of what I said earlier about the fact that sometimes you might want to drop it earlier, well, I just dont see it as that a great pick. It's a good spell, but I dont see it as sth that exciting.

tl;dr
If s&b and you want a damage buff concentration spell against single creatures, go with holy weapon cause it has a longer duration (this has problems that I mention above). Cause boosting dpr (because of longer duration) is more important than boosting nova, cause you are already pretty good at going nova (VoE, spiritual weapon, smites). If you want to deal good damage at a regular basis, I would probably go with GWM and twinned haste/greater invisibility and quickened bless vengeance sorcadin (or with just a singleclassed vengeance paladin, they have better dpr, sorcadins make up for it because they can twin haste). Or alternatively I would put my money on spirit guardians, in which case I would want an oath that can boost its usefulness (conquest helps immobilize creatures inside your SG radius, crown has some loose synergy as well).

Citan
2019-03-01, 11:58 AM
Sorcadin 6/14 Vengeance Oath Divine Soul Sorcerer.

From Vengeance Paladin: Misty Step and Hold Person + other Paladin spells like Aid, Bless etc. etc.

Now my play is to take to following spells on Divine Sorcerer. Going by Levels:

6. Haste
7. Banishment seems like best option of 4th level spells but I could also take Revivify instead or Counter spell. All 3 options seem good here.
8. Greater Invisibility or Death Ward
9. Animated Objects
10. Holy Weapon

Justification about above: party don't have Sorcerer or Wizard so I like to invest in AOE damage (Spirit Guardians) and AOE CC (Web + Hypontic Pattern + upcasted Hold Person). Also Buffs - Haste + Holy Weapon and Greater Invisibility or Death Ward. Animated Objects as summon/DPR spell and

Banishment to remove crucial target from battle first and deal with adds. Though considering I am Vengeance Sorcadin- killing crucial targets is my job- I could replace Banishment wiht Revivify as we don't have Cleric or second paladin in party.

However we have Druid so I could maybe later replace Web with Shadow Blade or some other spell because Druid is already AOE CC heavy. But If I cast WEB he can focus on Moon Beam or other simillar spell.

In later levels I plan for sure to take Heal and Disintegration.

I like Shadow Blade but our DM love magic items and weapon so I already have Longsword +1 with extra 1d8 force damage, which with Holy Weapon will give me when needed later a 4d8 total damage for 1 hour. To compare a 5th level slot Shadow Blade is 4d8 for 1 minute. both are 5th slot spells. I like Shadow Blade but I don't think it's mandatory. Besides with my current Longsword I will prefer to Haste myself instead If I will need extra single target DPR. Haste combos better with VoE.

On lower levels since I have good magic longsword I prefer Spiritual Weapon vs Shadow Blade due to bonus attack.

For Metamagic I will take Quicken and Twin of course as first. On 10th level I think Extended would fit my role better as I could then Extend both Aid and Death Ward to make them 16 hours which would allow me to buff my whole party for the next day before long rest.

Sanctuary is great but I am afraid I might not have room for it. Maybe I could replace Web with it but I feel like having Access to AOE CC that targets something else than WIS (Hold Person, Hypnotic Pattern) is good to have.
Hi!

Honestly, I'd suggest a significant change of orientation.

1. Twin is (contextually) useless for you.
A). It's a very expensive metamagic, and you won't have many metamagic points for a long time (think about it: at level 10 you still have only 4 SP).
Plus you will also probably want to keep some slots for smiting.
AND you already want to grab Quicken which is fixed cost, but cost-heavy at low levels.
--> You'll have to burn several slots if you want to use it regularly.

B) It doesn't work with enough spells to be worth it.
Among your selection, Hold Person can simply be upcast, Greater Invisibility and Banishment will eat more than 50% of your SP reserve for most of your career, and Holy Weapon / Shadow Blade / Shield / Absorb Elements / Spiritual Weapon are not valid.
So you basically pick Twin for Haste mainly, occasional Greater Invisibility/Banishment later.
In other words, at level 9 (if I'm understanding well and you're going straight Pal 6 first), you are picking a metamagic that will use 70-100% of your SP allowance for a spell you'll get at level 11 and two other you get at level 13.
Absolutely not worth enough considering the aforementioned resource competition on one hand, and the real-life time until you get those spells on the other.

Just pick Extended right now. Several benefits.
1. It's cheap, so you can crank it to optimize SP consumption and recharge through slots.
2. You immediately can give whole party a +15 HP for the next day, which means several Healing Words spared for rest whole rest of your career (which is an awful lot). And later you can go up to 30 when getting more Sorcerer. "Sub-benefit" this kind of "out of combat" use means even lesser resource competition between Extended and Quicken.
3. You can Extend several interesting spells: among your selection the obvious would be Haste (whenever you have a slight control over when fight begins, it's much easier to get the right timing for a pre-cast), Hypnotic Pattern (twice the time to pick enemies off one by one is not small feat), Banishment (same idea), Spiritual Weapon (twice the chance to use the same slot over at least two encounters), Spirit Guardians (same).

You can still pick Twin at capstone once you have enough fuel and interesting high-level spells to make the most of it.

Note that I won't stress Careful but it would also be a powerful choice if you plan on using special spells like Hypnotic Pattern on a regular basis.

2. You have too many concentration spells that are just variant of the same thing, especially with a controller Druid in your ranks and buffs you want to use.
Once you get Twin out of the way, Haste should follow. For the same level, Spirit Guardians will do much better for your goal of striking enemy boss, since difficult terrain. Especially if paired with a Druid's Plant Growth (of course it would also affects you, but it's a bad for a good ;)). As for "considering buffs", Shadow Blade brings better mileage than Haste damage-wise so only value of Haste is mobility (but you should be able to manage otherwise with Misty Step, friendly Longstrider, or Fly).

While I'm talking about Druid's Plant Growth, let's talk about Druid in general: they have some of the best control spells, but those are usually based on either vision or movement impairing. Talk with your Druid about his favored spells.
If Plant Growth, Grease, Earth Tremor or similar is on his short list, then Slow will give you MUCH MUCH more mileage than either Haste (only affects you) and Spirit Guardians (require you to be in close range already, and yourself may have trouble making the most of it when into Druid's AOE).

Slow is a spell that...
- Affects up to 6 creatures (so extremely unlikely to completely waste the spell)
- *of your choice* (no friendly fire contrarily to Hypnotic Pattern),
- with a pretty decent 3d zone (40 foot cube means you can affect low-sky flyers and terrestrians alike),
- that works even if you don't see the targets by RAW (you still need to see the center of AOE), up to 120 feet of distance (so easy to use it as a fight opener).
- that greatly reduce both their offense and defense.
Paired with Plant Growth, it means you can completely immobilize a group of enemies.
Another great spell to pair with Plant Growth instead of Sleet Storm: damage, force concentration save, blocks vision and makes difficult terrain. :)

So I'd keep only Hold Person (to replace later with Banishment), Web (to replace with Slow/Sleet Storm depending on taste, party composition and campaign) and Hypnotic Pattern (if you are confident you'll avoid friendly fire and manage timing to make the most of it). You could also consider Phantasmal Force instead which targets the lest resisted attribute (INT) and is early spell so not too costly. It may not always work as intended though (heavily depend on the illusion you imagine and how the DM view creature reacting to it, so highly YMMV).
And learn Counterspell (if nobody else has it, *someone* needs to know it), Fireball or Erupting Earth (you could do without tbh, but sometimes that can really help ^^) or Revivify (s*** can still happen) or Catnap (just totally the best spell if you have one fully short-rest dependant class, can still be extremely good if you are several people having at least interesting features recharging on short-rest).

3. I'd also probably drop Spiritual Weapon.
It's a trap imo considering a) you get your bonus action CD, b) you get interesting smite spells to use that require a bonus action, c) you also have other buffs that require bonus action (Shadow Blade, Shield of Faith, Hunter's Mark, Holy Weapon) AND d) you can even Quicken a spell as needed.
Your bonus action is just as crowded as a Monk fused with a Rogue. And you have a crazy competition for your slots too. Don't add to it for little return on investment.
Use it to learn Enhance Ability instead (one of the best out of combat spell you can provide party with, and also useful for some situations in-fight -unless of course your Druid pals keeps it prepared, should be usually enough-) or Warding Bond (if you have a frail pal in group, can greatly help) or See Invisibility (situational, but great when that arises), Warding Wind (yet another concentration buff but shores up one weakness of Paladin) or Suggestion (great for in and out combat situations alike) or Mirror Image (decent for a STR/CHA guy, great if you are DEX).

4. Banishment vs Polymorph
Banishment is a great spell, and has the advantage of targeting CHA which is even less often resisted than WIS. But Polymorph can also be used as a scouting/spying/traveling tool AND as a buff to save friends (or make a caster out of slot more useful ^^). You could pick either, or both. :)

TL;DR: I'd suggest the following change (* notes spell later swapped).
Metamagics order: Extend, Quicken --> Twin later.

Spell choices
2. Comprehend Languages*
3. Warding Bond (*) and Web*
4. Enhance Ability/Suggestion (and possible Phantasmal Force*)
6. Slow/Sleet Storm + Revivify/Counterspell
7. Banishment (and / or Polymorph)
8. Death Ward
9. Animated Objects
10. Holy Weapon