PDA

View Full Version : Shakespeare Characters as Dnd Characters

A Fat Dragon
2019-02-28, 03:17 PM
I was thinking about the play Hamlet a bit recently, and the idea came to me that Hamlet, from the play, would almost 100% be a Vengeance Paladin. It got me wondering about what other characters from Shakespeare would be if they were Dnd characters, along with Alignments, and backgrounds.

This is a bit of a joke thread, but I am genuinely calling out to and asking fans of both Dnd and Shakespeare, what do you think characters from some of William Shalespeare’s writings would have on their character sheets.

GlenSmash!
2019-02-28, 03:35 PM
Prospero: Tempest Cleric.

NecessaryWeevil
2019-02-28, 04:42 PM
I was thinking about the play Hamlet a bit recently, and the idea came to me that Hamlet, from the play, would almost 100% be a Vengeance Paladin. It got me wondering about what other characters from Shakespeare would be if they were Dnd characters, along with Alignments, and backgrounds.

He'd definitely be Chaotic Neutral, of the "jump off a bridge or cross it" variety.

MrStabby
2019-02-28, 06:31 PM
Lots of vengence paladins and fighters. Especially the kings.

Macbeth would seem to be a high level champion - thinking of the battle description in the beginning... he just keeps going and going... must be some HP recovery happening there. Lady MacBeth a whispers bard?

Sebastian might be a swashbuckler, although maybe more style then mechanics. Feste a bard, maybe a rogue?

LordNibbler
2019-02-28, 08:38 PM
Aaron the Moor: chaotic evil tiefling warlock/rogue

Exotic yet despised, he uses his influence to make others do his dirty work while delighting in the spoiling of innocents.

“If one good deed in all my life I did,
I do repent it from my very soul. ”

nickl_2000
2019-02-28, 08:45 PM
Puck would be a College of Glamour Bard

I think Romeo is a Swords Bard who dumped his intelligence stat something fierce

Naanomi
2019-02-28, 08:52 PM
Tybalt the Noble Tabaxi Swashbuckler

Angelalex242
2019-02-28, 11:36 PM
Puck would be a College of Glamour Bard

I think Romeo is a Swords Bard who dumped his intelligence stat something fierce

Did Romeo dump Int or Wis? Or Both? Granted, he's also 15 tops. And Juliet is 13.

Perlywhirly
2019-02-28, 11:39 PM
If the design team wasn't thinking of Iago from Othello when they made the College of Whispers Bard, I'd be shocked.

nickl_2000
2019-03-01, 07:38 AM
Did Romeo dump Int or Wis? Or Both? Granted, he's also 15 tops. And Juliet is 13.

I'm pretty sure he dumped both of them so that he could boost his charisma as high as possible

Chronos
2019-03-01, 09:23 PM
Prospero isn't a cleric. He's definitely a wizard: He's all about the books. Conjurer, probably.

Falstaff is a Drunken Master.

Benedick and Beatrice are both Lore Bards, as evidenced by their copious use of Cutting Words.

I'm not sure what Portia is, but she has access to both Disguise Self and Suggestion, judging by the courtroom scene. I'm thinking maybe Arcane Trickster? She's probably picked the locks on those caskets to know which is which.

The Weird Sisters, I'm thinking Fiend Warlocks, with Hecate of course as their patron.

Arcangel4774
2019-03-02, 01:45 AM
Its hard to not place lots of characters as paladins, especially when the character motivations are often oaths of vengence or devotion.that being said id like to call julius ceaser a conquest paladin who dumped all the physical stats and wisdom.

Thrawn4
2019-03-02, 03:55 AM

This is a bit of a joke thread, but I am genuinely calling out to and asking fans of both Dnd and Shakespeare, what do you think characters from some of William Shalespeare’s writings would have on their character sheets.
Would a paladin question his own path or be afraid? Seeing as he is sneaking (and also dealing with pirates?) I would peg him as a rogue.
Now his father I can see as a paladin.

Davehotep
2019-03-02, 05:20 AM
My all time favourite Shakespeare character Mercutio as a lore bard - king of the cutting word.

Absolutely chaotic good.

GlenSmash!
2019-03-04, 12:33 PM
Prospero isn't a cleric. He's definitely a wizard: He's all about the books. Conjurer, probably.

Yeah I was making a joke. I should have used a winky face. Still it does make me think.

While he did learn sorcery form books, I don't think he needs them to cast spells in the way a Wizard needs his spellbook.

He also does claim to be able to open graves with his spells, though whether that is Resurrection or Necromancy I can't say.

Chronos
2019-03-04, 12:47 PM
Probably necromancy, since in the very next line he refers to that as "rough magic". And he describes "drowning his books" (as well as breaking his staff) as part of the process by which he'd give up magic. But spellcasters from different lores are almost never going to match up exactly, anyway.

GlenSmash!
2019-03-04, 12:51 PM
Probably necromancy, since in the very next line he refers to that as "rough magic". And he describes "drowning his books" (as well as breaking his staff) as part of the process by which he'd give up magic. But spellcasters from different lores are almost never going to match up exactly, anyway.

Makes sense.