PDA

View Full Version : Need help with gear

Hunterx
2019-02-28, 08:50 PM
So after my DM killed my char with 3 bulettes that somehow survived our Druids 2 maximized flame strikes and being only large. I have to make a new char so this is what I have gone with.

Illumina Ranger 6 Stalker of Khurash 4
power sigils are Krau and Uun
Stats are Str 14 Dex 20 (level bonus) Con 18 Wis 15 Int 15 Cha 12
Now I have taken all the feats to get me greater many shot and my 2 spells are hunters eye and x ( cannot remember right now)
I need some advice for gear, I am thinking of the Mithralmist shirt which will give me concealment and I can us HIPS. but after that no idea.
I do not know if I can get splitting on my bow or not. and the sneak attack for hunters eye would be great with that.

so any advice would be great for gear and even if I don't use it that is fine I may use it for something else

thanks in advance

Vizzerdrix
2019-02-28, 09:29 PM
What books are open? What can you use?

BowStreetRunner
2019-03-01, 10:33 AM
For any character designed to make lots of attacks - whether through the two-weapon fighting or rapid shot feat chains - I would recommend a weapon with damage enhancers. My favorite is the Collision enhancement (MIC 31). It gives a flat +5 damage to every hit, has a +2 bonus cost and projectile weapons apply the benefit to their ammunition. However, any of the energy enhancements that grant extra damage (Flaming, Frost, Shock, Corrosive, Desiccating, Screaming, etc.) are all good too, and although they generally do less damage (or at least variable damage) they only cost a +1 bonus.

Hunterx
2019-03-01, 11:54 AM
What books are open? What can you use?

a bunch of weird ones and the standard stuff, MIC is in play but the book with splitting is not which sucks.

Hunterx
2019-03-01, 11:55 AM
For any character designed to make lots of attacks - whether through the two-weapon fighting or rapid shot feat chains - I would recommend a weapon with damage enhancers. My favorite is the Collision enhancement (MIC 31). It gives a flat +5 damage to every hit, has a +2 bonus cost and projectile weapons apply the benefit to their ammunition. However, any of the energy enhancements that grant extra damage (Flaming, Frost, Shock, Corrosive, Desiccating, Screaming, etc.) are all good too, and although they generally do less damage (or at least variable damage) they only cost a +1 bonus.

Yeah i looked at that and i Know i will be taking Hunters eye for sneak attack damage, i was trying to find something that would help with that and with HIPS I think the mithralmist shirt will do the trick for that.

RNightstalker
2019-03-08, 07:47 PM
Are you doing standard WBL?