PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Magical items for a handcrossbow archer

PancakeMaster80
2019-03-01, 03:34 PM
I'm currently playing a bard archer in Adventure's league and I'm trying to find the best items to spend my treasure points on. Obviously +X hand crossbow is a must, but what about after that? I'd love some suggestions, I'm mostly looking for things to make my archery stronger, but I'll also take suggestions to improve the casting side of things.

nickl_2000
2019-03-01, 03:36 PM
Bracers of Archery seem like a no-brainer.

Are winged boots or slippers of spider climbing allowed? Because being able to be out of reach of targets would be nice.

PancakeMaster80
2019-03-01, 03:39 PM
Bracers of Archery seem like a no-brainer.

Are winged boots or slippers of spider climbing allowed? Because being able to be out of reach of targets would be nice.

Bracers of archery sadly don't work with crossbows, cause Wiz is mean to us non-bow wielding ranged folk T_T.

Those shoes are good, however this character will have reliable access to flying through their stolen "find greater steed" spell, so I'd rather not spend the attunement slot/treasure points on them.

stoutstien
2019-03-01, 11:59 PM
I'm currently playing a bard archer in Adventure's league and I'm trying to find the best items to spend my treasure points on. Obviously +X hand crossbow is a must, but what about after that? I'd love some suggestions, I'm mostly looking for things to make my archery stronger, but I'll also take suggestions to improve the casting side of things.
Quiver of elhonna seems apt. Due to the wording of it "or similar objects" you can do a lot more than store a bunch if bolts on it. No attunement also.

Ring of spell storing can act as expanded spell slots for you

Ring of free action if you are worried about that stuff

Looking to the instruments of The Bard. Some are only uncommon and add a ton of spells per day you can cast