PDA

View Full Version : Is Cinderella a Fey Warlock

ShadowSandbag
2019-03-01, 05:08 PM
I was talking with a friend about disney characters in D&D and we came across the topic of cinderella. My argument is that she uses the magic of a member of the fey for her own benefit. The Fairy godmother is also implied to be bound to her.

My friend's argument is that Cinderella never casts any spells herself and the two of them have no pact, FG helps her with no benefit in it for herself.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Note that we are only talking about the Disney Cinderella movie, not the original fairy tale or the direct to video sequels.

Man_Over_Game
2019-03-01, 05:15 PM
I was talking with a friend about disney characters in D&D and we came across the topic of cinderella. My argument is that she uses the magic of a member of the fey for her own benefit. The Fairy godmother is also implied to be bound to her.

My friend's argument is that Cinderella never casts any spells herself and the two of them have no pact, FG helps her with no benefit in it for herself.

What are other peoples thoughts?

Note that we are only talking about the Disney Cinderella movie, not the original fairy tale or the direct to video sequels.

She also regularly talks to animals, and does most of her day doing mundane chores.

I'm thinking Druid. Specifically, Circle of Dreams, as the lore behind the subclass is a Druid who has learned how to utilize fey magic. Make most of her spells things like Speak with Animals, Animal Friendship, Guidance, etc, and you're done.

OracularPoet
2019-03-01, 08:18 PM
Totem barb. No spells, ritual Speak With Animals, Animal Messenger, Commune With Nature. For the last, fluff states that totem animal appears to answer your questions. Re-fluff Eagle totem as fairy god mother.

Glamour bard. Speak With Animals is on list. Enthralling Performance: her dancing performance charms the prince.

Shepard druid. Always-on Speak With Animals.

LibraryOgre
2019-03-01, 09:43 PM
Aurora is the fey warlock.

Malifice
2019-03-01, 10:36 PM
Sucks when you lose concentration on that disguise self at midnight though.

Ninja_Prawn
2019-03-03, 04:41 AM
I wouldn't call that a warlock pact. According to Disney wiki, speaking to animals is literally Cinderella's only ability. Based on that, it's hard to argue that she has any class levels at all. More likely, she's a variant human with a feat that lets her talk to animals.

LibraryOgre
2019-03-03, 02:00 PM
I wouldn't call that a warlock pact. According to Disney wiki, speaking to animals is literally Cinderella's only ability. Based on that, it's hard to argue that she has any class levels at all. More likely, she's a variant human with a feat that lets her talk to animals.

Her faerie godmothers granted her gifts. She was granted Beauty and Song, so you're likely looking at some invocations.

hamishspence
2019-03-03, 02:02 PM
Her faerie godmothers granted her gifts. She was granted Beauty and Song, so you're likely looking at some invocations.

Isn't that Sleeping Beauty, not Cinderella?

Urukubarr
2019-03-03, 02:15 PM
I just wanted to reply to say that I love everything about this thread.

LibraryOgre
2019-03-03, 04:51 PM
Isn't that Sleeping Beauty, not Cinderella?

Yep. I lost the thread.