PDA

View Full Version : New UA Artificer question?

Throne12
2019-03-01, 11:08 PM
So the infused item
Many-Handed Pouch
Prerequisite: 4th-level Artificer Item:2–5pouches
The infused pouches all share one interdimensional space of the same capacity as a single pouch. Thus, reaching into any of the pouches allows access to the same storage space. A pouch operates as long as it is within 100 miles of another one of the pouches; the pouch is otherwise empty and won’t accept any contents. If this infusion ends, the items stored in the shared space move into one of the pouches, determined at random. The rest of the pouches become empty.

What's it for only thing I can think to use it for is infuse a pouch for everyone in the party and keep things in the pouch like healing pots so everyone can quickly grad one.

Another thing is infuse a pouch for your homunculus so it can fly some where and put things into it or take things out of it.

So Question what else does this infused can do.

Waterdeep Merch
2019-03-01, 11:19 PM
Get an ally with access to a healthy amount of useful things. Give them one bag. Have them constantly refresh the contents of that bag.

Get an ally with access to a safe house/camp. Give them one bag. Have them constantly empty the contents of the bag as you fill it with loot.

Have an ally waiting elsewhere when the guard shakes you down for contraband. Simply have them take it, then return it once you get past the guards. You can all make it past them this way while keeping your illicit materials.

Pass copies of the bag to people you need to communicate with at long distance. Have everyone routinely check the pouch for new notes, and you've got one of the most effective consistent long range communications systems in D&D.

Sigreid
2019-03-01, 11:22 PM
One with you. One back at your treasury. Kill the dragon. You fill the pouch from your hoard, your trusted ally empties it. It will take time but now you can empty the dragon's hoard without too much hassle.

Edit: Unseen servant can do the treasure gathering for you while you read or play strip poker with an attractive companion.

Waterdeep Merch
2019-03-01, 11:28 PM
I have two players that already have artificers as off-characters in a West Marches-style game I'm running that are extremely excited about this item. They can now give at least one pouch to their other active characters in order to better coordinate their inventory and deliver newly crafted materials. This one's a game changer.

In another, a player picked the old artificer erroneously believing he could play something like a tech guy in a heist film. This item single-handedly lets him do what he actually wanted to do by letting him actively send whatever the team needs at a moment's notice and help direct them while he maintains a base camp and outside vigilance.

tieren
2019-03-01, 11:29 PM
Create a telegraph service between cities.

Drop one in the ocean and flood enemy dungeon.

Foxhound438
2019-03-02, 01:49 AM
potion sharing is definitely at the top of the list of easy ways to use it, but other uses like smuggling, messaging, and general transport also can come into play. DM interpretation as to whether you can have an ally stick their hand in so you can cure wounds from a distance as well.

R.Shackleford
2019-03-02, 06:53 AM
So the infused item
Many-Handed Pouch
Prerequisite: 4th-level Artificer Item:2–5pouches
The infused pouches all share one interdimensional space of the same capacity as a single pouch. Thus, reaching into any of the pouches allows access to the same storage space. A pouch operates as long as it is within 100 miles of another one of the pouches; the pouch is otherwise empty and won’t accept any contents. If this infusion ends, the items stored in the shared space move into one of the pouches, determined at random. The rest of the pouches become empty.

What's it for only thing I can think to use it for is infuse a pouch for everyone in the party and keep things in the pouch like healing pots so everyone can quickly grad one.

Another thing is infuse a pouch for your homunculus so it can fly some where and put things into it or take things out of it.

So Question what else does this infused can do.

1: Rogue sneaks into an area with one bag
2: Use all your animal messangers on a ton of flying snakes that you've been saving up.
3: Shove them all into one bag 95 miles away. I would have a tunnel or something lead yo the bag so the snakes will progress that way.
4: ???
5 Profit (the animal messangers will go out the other side and go directly to the target(s). You then have a lot of flying snakes in a city causing mass panic and hysteria)

They aren't objects but with yhe right game, a DM may allow it.

Or...

Now stay with me here.

Fighter has one bag. This dude has AC out the wazoo. The wizard has a staff, ranger has a sword, rogue has thrown dagger... Ok... So... The fighter as part of their free use an item interaction just holds the bag up so the opening is facing the baddie. Right? Ally, 95 miles away mind you, throws the dagger through their bag, stabs through their bag, reaches their staff through and pokes the enemy with a spell.

Now, by raw I think this doesn't work as you need to "reach in" but then again no crazy idea works unless you can convince your DM...

Obviously some disadvantage is happening and you need those uncommon radio magic items or some sort of familiar but it's doable. Maybe don't have the ally so far away lol.

Oh! Keep a bear trap in one and so if you get searched someone has one less hand.

Anderlith
2019-03-02, 10:09 AM
Walk unarmed into a situation, have a familiar drop it infront of you from above. Reach in to pull out wands & weapons

Build a bunker 90ft below ground, with no entrances or exits. Put one bag in the bunker. Familiar goes in the bag, goes into the bunker. Put treasure, critical items, maguffin, etc into bag. Familiar pulls it out into the bunker. Familiar can chill in the bunker or come back out. No need for teleports or anything & you always have a “treasure room” as long as your other bags are within range of the bunker

Throne12
2019-03-02, 10:22 AM
Walk unarmed into a situation, have a familiar drop it infront of you from above. Reach in to pull out wands & weapons

Build a bunker 90ft below ground, with no entrances or exits. Put one bag in the bunker. Familiar goes in the bag, goes into the bunker. Put treasure, critical items, maguffin, etc into bag. Familiar pulls it out into the bunker. Familiar can chill in the bunker or come back out. No need for teleports or anything & you always have a “treasure room” as long as your other bags are within range of the bunker

I like this one it cool and Creative.

Throne12
2019-03-02, 10:24 AM
1: Rogue sneaks into an area with one bag
2: Use all your animal messangers on a ton of flying snakes that you've been saving up.
3: Shove them all into one bag 95 miles away. I would have a tunnel or something lead yo the bag so the snakes will progress that way.
4: ???
5 Profit (the animal messangers will go out the other side and go directly to the target(s). You then have a lot of flying snakes in a city causing mass panic and hysteria)

They aren't objects but with yhe right game, a DM may allow it.

Or...

Now stay with me here.

Fighter has one bag. This dude has AC out the wazoo. The wizard has a staff, ranger has a sword, rogue has thrown dagger... Ok... So... The fighter as part of their free use an item interaction just holds the bag up so the opening is facing the baddie. Right? Ally, 95 miles away mind you, throws the dagger through their bag, stabs through their bag, reaches their staff through and pokes the enemy with a spell.

Now, by raw I think this doesn't work as you need to "reach in" but then again no crazy idea works unless you can convince your DM...

Obviously some disadvantage is happening and you need those uncommon radio magic items or some sort of familiar but it's doable. Maybe don't have the ally so far away lol.

Oh! Keep a bear trap in one and so if you get searched someone has one less hand.

I'm sorry buddy but that's just Ridiculous and o dont see any DM letting that Shenannegan happen.

R.Shackleford
2019-03-02, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry buddy but that's just Ridiculous and o dont see any DM letting that Shenannegan happen.

You need to play with my groups sometime, we have a blast with stuff like this.

Reminds me of our 3e and 4e days... Well, to be fair, we still pick up 4e from time to time.

Anderlith
2019-03-02, 12:09 PM
I like this one it cool and Creative.

I think this would be epic to see as a treasure map type adventure to find an Artificer’s long lost secrets. You’d have to be on “x marks the spot” & have the maguffin old leather bag/small wooden chest to find it.

Throne12
2019-03-02, 05:45 PM
I think this would be epic to see as a treasure map type adventure to find an Artificer’s long lost secrets. You’d have to be on “x marks the spot” & have the maguffin old leather bag/small wooden chest to find it.

Ya you have to find the treasure vault location then find a way in. They could teleport in or there is a Secret teleport action circle in there for them to find and get the code. But it so worn they will need to figure out what the code say. They can use the old pouch they found on a dead Artificer body. To send a animal or familier through to see what's on the other side.