PDA

View Full Version : What class do I make with these magic items?

Rallek25
2019-03-02, 05:26 AM
So, I originally had a life cleric build that had a ring of spell storing and gauntlets of ogre strength. Kind of grew tired of this character. What class would he best to utilize a ring of spell storing and these gauntlets? My first thought was a classic bladelock, but you guys tell me what would be optimal. Thank you.

Callak_Remier
2019-03-02, 05:39 AM
Githyanki Wizard possibly WarMage

nickl_2000
2019-03-02, 06:02 AM
A reach weapon, spell sniper, booming blade using dragonic sorcerer

dejarnjc
2019-03-02, 06:27 AM
Seems like those items would be great for a oh so popular Sorcadin build. The gauntlets let you max CHA or CON. The spell storing ring gives extra spell casting so you can use your regular slots for smiting.

Bladelock would also be good.

Rallek25
2019-03-02, 06:27 PM
Seems like those items would be great for a oh so popular Sorcadin build. The gauntlets let you max CHA or CON. The spell storing ring gives extra spell casting so you can use your regular slots for smiting.

Bladelock would also be good.

That is a great idea! I didn't even think about Sorcadin for some reason.
How would I do a point buy on stats then?
I would think my STR would be around 13,14 and thus making chain mail my main armor, or medium armor with a decent Dex. Can I use full plate armor if my str is 19 due to a magic item?
My only concern is if I come across a beholder or something that I could possibly not have 19 str and then I'm screwed.

Grod_The_Giant
2019-03-02, 07:21 PM
That is a great idea! I didn't even think about Sorcadin for some reason.
How would I do a point buy on stats then?
I would think my STR would be around 13,14 and thus making chain mail my main armor, or medium armor with a decent Dex. Can I use full plate armor if my str is 19 due to a magic item?
My only concern is if I come across a beholder or something that I could possibly not have 19 str and then I'm screwed.
Eh, even if your Gauntlets get shut down, you're only slowed 10ft for not meeting the Strength requirement.