PDA

View Full Version : Project Elves, Lovecraft, and magical girls - let's make a world of magic!

Accelerator
2019-03-02, 07:52 AM
I've just read the Laundry Files

I've just watched Nanoha.

I want to do a fusion.

May the Heavens have mercy upon me.

Setting magic: A combination of Nanoha and Laundry files. Computers, magic, progamming, artificial intelligence, and mind control are all part of it.

Tone: Grimdark. And lightly humorous.

Purpose for project: To create a society that is a lovely chimeric abomination of both Nanoha and the Laundry files. Society is basically feudal, with combination of magic put together. Everybody's linker cores are linked, allowing them to access a 'pool' of mana. The higher you go, the higher the access. Everybody is bound by a geas or oath. The tightness, the severity, and the nature of the oath is still in flux.

Setting: Pan-dimensional and galactic scale. Really huge. Nanoha had dimensional travel, and Laundry files had alternate timelines. Not so insane.

Blackhawk748
2019-03-02, 08:01 AM
I feel the need to toss in Madoka Magica into this, because I feel like its necessary.

Accelerator
2019-03-02, 08:06 AM
I feel the need to toss in Madoka Magica into this, because I feel like its necessary.

Perhaps throwing in Re Zero and Fate zero as well?

I think we need to go full on grimdark/ light hearted.

khadgar567
2019-03-02, 10:37 AM
eldricth gods cute magical girls can output same amout of dakka as gundam and setting with regular cops or heroes nope this is not gonna be setting for me.

Accelerator
2019-03-02, 09:51 PM
Why? What's wrong with it?

khadgar567
2019-03-05, 09:48 AM
Why? What's wrong with it?
Its nothing wrong in the setting but stuff like tome of the night sky and most Cthulhu stuff is out of reach of most common cops and it needs carefully balanced not to break setting.

igordragonian
2019-03-05, 05:51 PM
well, speaking of Puella Magi, I always had an idea, about cat girls-
a cat thing offer them, eternal youth, beauty by the target's standards, insincts and unique magical power.
the cost? to be a cat girl. No biggy. Right?
But here... Cat girls are turning from time to time, beastial, and killing and eating people. They are actually soldiers in a war which normal humans can't understand.

Accelerator
2019-03-09, 01:47 AM
Its nothing wrong in the setting but stuff like tome of the night sky and most Cthulhu stuff is out of reach of most common cops and it needs carefully balanced not to break setting.

Common cops?

So is the sleeper in the pyramid. Make them the bad guy. Macguffin. Or plot device.

Keep them out of player hands.

khadgar567
2019-03-10, 12:46 PM
Common cops?

So is the sleeper in the pyramid. Make them the bad guy. MacGuffin. Or a plot device.

Keep them out of player hands.
tome of the night sky is the nastiest book you can get your hands on. it gives holder 5 (master program, Signum, Shamal, Vita, and Zafira) servants but you need to fill 666 pages of the book via draining strong magic users talents and while it looks like quest when you fill the book it basically casts hakai from dragon ball in your world with you and everyone as target and if you don't fill the book with others magic it drains your life as leash in Nanoha they barely stopped its old incarnation which called book of darkness. and yes this book is MacGuffin with the lowest setting is destroy the city and biggest is destroy the dimension it was in. here is the wiki link (https://nanoha.fandom.com/wiki/Tome_of_the_Night_Sky) to the article.

noob
2019-03-10, 05:23 PM
It would be a setting where setting everything on fire with napalm and nuclear bombs would actually make people safer.

Accelerator
2019-03-12, 04:52 AM
tome of the night sky is the nastiest book you can get your hands on. it gives holder 5 (master program, Signum, Shamal, Vita, and Zafira) servants but you need to fill 666 pages of the book via draining strong magic users talents and while it looks like quest when you fill the book it basically casts hakai from dragon ball in your world with you and everyone as target and if you don't fill the book with others magic it drains your life as leash in Nanoha they barely stopped its old incarnation which called book of darkness. and yes this book is MacGuffin with the lowest setting is destroy the city and biggest is destroy the dimension it was in. here is the wiki link (https://nanoha.fandom.com/wiki/Tome_of_the_Night_Sky) to the article.

Look. i know perfectly well what it is. And I've watched Nanoha.

Um... why are you mentioning this?

khadgar567
2019-03-12, 09:22 AM
Look. i know perfectly well what it is. And I've watched Nanoha.

Um... why are you mentioning this?
Power levels

Accelerator
2019-03-12, 09:28 AM
Power levels

.... Can't we all just have this be a relatively lower powered world, where you are the hapless protagonist that must use your wits, intelligence, skills, and planning, to deal with superpowered lost logia and insane genocidal war machines?

Accelerator
2019-03-14, 01:36 PM
Fine.

Interaction of societies.

Generally, the bigger the society, the stronger its top ruler.

This is not a coincidence. Each and every single member of a society, from the lowliest serf to the highest general, is bound together in a single geas, which uses sympathetic magic and linker core binding to allow them to share their magical power, knowledge, and dreamspace. Each and every single person tithes his magical power, and is given it back depending on his position. Lowly serfs and servants, like cleaners and ditch-diggers, only have enough to burn away impurities and lift up stone and soil. Bureaucrats gain more power and finesse, accelerating and repartitioning their minds to do allow themselves to accomplish an order of magnitude more work. Warriors find their powers increasing the higher they go in rank. And as their powers grow, so do their capabilities. A warrior just starting out has precognition and has visual overlays showing him predictions of his enemy's attack swings. A general has a mind that can simulate tens of thousands of factors at once, a perfect memory, mental acceleration and calculators that let him maximise the use of his soldiers. All while mental partitioning allows him to fight on the front lines at the same time. No one stands back. No one.

There have been rumours of improvements to the geas. Means by which the memories, thoughts, and personalities of those entangled within may be restored and reproduced. If this is true, then that could bade some massive shifts and changes within elven society.