PDA

View Full Version : Can some1 help me understand new Artificer Prepared spells.

Throne12
2019-03-02, 02:15 PM
I'm having trouble understanding it.

Chronos
2019-03-02, 02:30 PM
What are perpar spells?

Constructman
2019-03-02, 02:38 PM
If you mean pepper spells, the Artificer unfortunately doesn't get any spells that let you shoot pepper spray. Acid Splash is close, but not quite.

If you mean prepared spells, the Artificer prepares their spells every morning like a Paladin.

"You can change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of paladin spells requires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list."

Vs.

"You can change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of artificer spells requires time spent in tinkering with your spellcasting focuses: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list."

Different fluff, same mechanism. A Level 3 Paladin swapping out Compelled Duel for Wrathful Smite after waking up and a Level 3 Artificer swapping out Grease for Shield of Faith after waking up both focus for 1 minute to swap spells.

Throne12
2019-03-02, 03:29 PM
What are perpar spells?

Thanks Mr.Nazi I meant Prepare. Sorry for being being moble and using a phone to Interact with the Internet. I'll keep my question to myself and hope I dont forget them Until I get home. So I can use that desktop.

Throne12
2019-03-02, 04:32 PM
If you mean pepper spells, the Artificer unfortunately doesn't get any spells that let you shoot pepper spray. Acid Splash is close, but not quite.

If you mean prepared spells, the Artificer prepares their spells every morning like a Paladin.

"You can change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of paladin spells requires time spent in prayer and meditation: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list."

Vs.

"You can change your list of prepared spells when you finish a long rest. Preparing a new list of artificer spells requires time spent in tinkering with your spellcasting focuses: at least 1 minute per spell level for each spell on your list."

Different fluff, same mechanism. A Level 3 Paladin swapping out Compelled Duel for Wrathful Smite after waking up and a Level 3 Artificer swapping out Grease for Shield of Faith after waking up both focus for 1 minute to swap spells.

Thank you.

SVamp
2019-03-02, 06:06 PM

Damn, now I really want a pepper spray spell, lol.

Anderlith
2019-03-02, 10:01 PM
Thanks Mr.Nazi I meant Prepare. Sorry for being being moble and using a phone to Interact with the Internet. I'll keep my question to myself and hope I dont forget them Until I get home. So I can use that desktop.

Don’t get all angry for some light ribbing. Artificers prepar spells at the end of a long rest/beginning of the day; wake up, brew some coffee & brew up some Infusions & potions. Or sit & tinker a bit on that blast gauntlet

Chronos
2019-03-03, 08:25 AM
The one thing that's different about their spell preparation is that they eventually get the ability to change their cantrips, too (on level-up at low levels, and after any rest at high levels), which is something no other caster can do.

Oh, and you're also encouraged to describe your spellcasting differently, but that's just fluff, and is completely up to you on whether and how you do it.