PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e -> Kobold Press: Midgard Sagas => D&D 5e characters

RPGddcthulu
2019-03-03, 07:52 AM
Hi

I suppose you can use your D&D characters without any adaptation to start playing Midgard Sagas (Kobold Press)? We have some characters that already survived the Death House (from Curse of Strahd), so they are 3th level now (as the first story of these Midgard Sagas are created for 3th level characters).

Thank you!

JNAProductions
2019-03-03, 11:32 AM
Hi

I suppose you can use your D&D characters without any adaptation to start playing Midgard Sagas (Kobold Press)? We have some characters that already survived the Death House (from Curse of Strahd), so they are 3th level now (as the first story of these Midgard Sagas are created for 3th level characters).

Thank you!

It would appear yes. It's an adventure for 5th edition, so go nuts.

RPGddcthulu
2019-03-03, 02:28 PM
When reading the stories, it doesn't seem a problem... Kobold Press does have own races/classes/et cetera, but not necessary apparently.

Waterdeep Merch
2019-03-03, 02:32 PM
Yeah, nothing in core rules really upsets KP. Nor does stuff in Xanathar's, or SCAG once you divorce them of their fluff. The only weird ones are Volo's and Mord's, because some of those creatures straight up don't exist in Midgard (like yuan-ti or gith). Not that they can't be refluffed to work, of course. Whether you change the character to match the setting or the setting to match the character, either's fine. It's not like their rules are a problem.

RPGddcthulu
2019-03-04, 01:29 AM
Thanks for your answers.

PS: That seems a different story than Cubicle's Adventures in Middle-Earth => "The starting point for Adventures in Middle-earth is the Player's Guide, which gives you the Middle-earth setting-specific rules and guidance to create your characters and adventure in the world of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings using the OGL 5e ruleset."

GlenSmash!
2019-03-04, 12:26 PM
Thanks for your answers.

PS: That seems a different story than Cubicle's Adventures in Middle-Earth => "The starting point for Adventures in Middle-earth is the Player's Guide, which gives you the Middle-earth setting-specific rules and guidance to create your characters and adventure in the world of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings using the OGL 5e ruleset."

Yup Kobold's stuff is meant to enhance the 5e game. AiME is meant to be it's own game based on the 5e OGL.

RPGddcthulu
2019-03-06, 05:15 PM
Yup Kobold's stuff is meant to enhance the 5e game. AiME is meant to be it's own game based on the 5e OGL.

Thank you all for these clarifications, confirmations and abbreviations.:smallsmile:

GlenSmash!
2019-03-06, 05:35 PM
Thank you all for these clarifications, confirmations and abbreviations.:smallsmile:

I ain't got time to type things out :smallwink:

:smallbiggrin:

RPGddcthulu
2019-03-10, 03:52 PM
I ain't got time to type things out :smallwink:

:smallbiggrin:

NP :smallsigh: