PDA

View Full Version : fighting style, weapon, and feat rework

stoutstien
2019-03-03, 02:20 PM
so i mashed a lot of my minor changes i have made to some of tables into one. i wanted to soften the spike caused by a few of the feats and fighting styles without actually making martial classes if anything i wanted to give them a small power bump.

weapon table changes

- spear, quarterstaff, glaive, halberd, and trident all gain the pole arm tag.
-heavy tag change- when you are wielding a heavy weapon and you make an attack with the attack action and have advantage on the attack, you can forgo advantage to add additional damage equal to your proficiency bonus X 2.
-Pole arm weapon tag-When you take the Attack action and attack and MISS, you can use a bonus action to make a melee attack with the opposite end of the weapon. This attack uses the same ability modifier as the primary attack. The weapon’s damage die for this attack is a d4, and it deals bludgeoning damage.

Fighting style changes/ new styles
two types of styles.

Offense styles

-Duelist- while wielding a weapon in one hand and no other weapon you gain +1 to damage and attack rolls made with that weapon.

-Two weapon fighting- When you engage in two-weapon fighting, you add +1 to your AC. You can also engage in two-weapon fighting even if your main hand isn’t light.

-Two hand fighting- when you are wielding a weapon in two hands you gain +1 to attack rolls and +2 to damage rolls made with that weapon.

Protection styles

Defender- while wearing heavy armor you gain +1 AC and as a reaction you can move up to half your walking speed to be within 5 feet of an ally
and provide 3/4 cover for that ally. until they move away or the start of your next turn. you also can choose to grant your shield AC to that same ally for the same duration if you have a shield equipped.

Bulwark- while wearing medium or heavy armor you gain +1 AC and can don/doff a shield as a bonus action.

Skirmisher- while wearing light or medium armor and are not wearing a shield you gain +1 AC and gain a swim or climb speed of 30.

*same rules apply for gaining multiple styles
*if you gain multiple offense or defense styles, you can only apply one at a time and can change them as a bonus action. Champions level 10 feature is an exception and they can apply more than one type of style at a time

feat changes/new feats

Pole arm master- while wielding any pole arm you can use your reaction to make a single weapon attack when an enemy enters your reach. +1 str, con, or dex.

Two-weapon strike- you can now apply your damage modifier to the offhand attack. +1 str, dex, or con.(this i think is still weak unless combo with two-weapon master)

Two-weapon master- if you have advantage on your offhand bonus action attack, you can forgo it to make two attacks instead. +1 str, dex, con

Sharpshooter- you can now ignore ½ cover and treat ¾ cover as half cover with attacks made with ranged weapons. +1 dex or con.

Combat archer- enemies being prone or being with in 5 feet no long cause disadvantage on attacks made with ranged weapons. +1 dex or con.

Fell handed- once per round you can choose to take the max damage roll with one die with attacks made with two handed or versatile weapons wielded in two hands. you can use this feature a number of times equal to your str Mod+1 times per long rest. you gain +1 str or +1 con

Weapon master- you can choose one fighting style. +1 str, dex, or con.

might of the meek- being a small race no longer impose disadvantage of attacks made with heavy weapons. +1 str, con or dex.

some great feat combos open now.
a barb that grabs two weapon master can use reckless attack to get that second offhand attack every round and maybe later on nabs weapon master for a +~1 damage and +1 ac and round out a stat.

a hunter ranger could take the bulwark style and use the bonus AC from the shield to get in position to use whirlwind attack after switching to two hands for more damage.

*will fix spelling, grammar, and formatting when i get time.

Tanarii
2019-03-03, 02:26 PM
Does archery style exist unchanged, or not exist?

stoutstien
2019-03-03, 02:48 PM
Does archery style exist unchanged, or not exist?
the two handed style covers bows and heavy/light x bows.
one hand style covers slings, darts, and hand x bows.
i had four more styles but where redundant once i did the math.
-archery +2 hit
-thrown weapon- no disadvantage on long range attacks and +1 damage ( may add this back this so nets get a style that can help.)
-versatile style got moved to defense with ba shield don/doff

i realized if i combined them a player could invest in one style and switch form bow to great-sword and still fill like the fight style choice has an impact. if a player wants high dex and str there should be some reward for that.