PDA

View Full Version : Sneak attack

Aerlock
2007-09-28, 11:49 AM
Is there a class (preferably base class) that gets sneak attack and full BAB? I've got any WotC book available to choose from.

Thanks,

Aerlock

Hyfigh
2007-09-28, 11:53 AM
No base classes that I'm aware of without variant rules. As a variant, though, fighters can sac their bonus feats for SA.

Zincorium
2007-09-28, 12:00 PM
Well, the Complete Scoundrel has a feat (daring outlaw) where, after taking a few levels of rogue and swashbuckler, get to stack the levels for sneak attack progression.

Essentially, you'll lose a point of BAB early on (but you do get lots of skill points and evasion and such) but if you take swashbuckler from then on it's full BAB, and you get sneak attack progression equal to a rogue.

Invisible blade is also full BAB, but the sneak attack is conditional (daggers only) and it's only five levels long. Good side benefits, though.

Aerlock
2007-09-28, 12:00 PM
That was the only way I could think of gaining SA and a full BAB. I was hoping though that there might have been a class out there that had a reduced SA progression and full BAB. Thanks

Douglas
2007-09-28, 12:34 PM
Blackguard gets full BAB and a reduced sneak attack progression.

Rad
2007-09-29, 09:15 AM
there's the Knight of the Lily, a PrC from Dragonlance CS, but it's pretty setting-specific.

Thane
2007-09-29, 04:53 PM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#fighter

There's an unearthed arcana fighter variant that exchanges bonus feats for sneak attack.

This will give you full BAB progression + sneak attack (which is what you were asking for).

Load up on armor though... you won't be able to tumble around to position yourself well for flanking.