PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about the Paizo Legacy PRD? Specifically the Bestiary Index

DaLucaray
2019-03-03, 11:08 PM
As of today the legacy prd links lead to a dead page. Most of the stuff there has long since been copied to d20pfsrd, but the one thing that I went back to the site for- the Bestiary Index- I haven't been able to find any replacement for. Does anyone know where I can find a program or something to sort by type, environment, CR, etc? It was honestly invaluable for running a game and it's horrible to imagine that I'm going to have to move on without it.

inuyasha
2019-03-04, 12:24 AM
As of today the legacy prd links lead to a dead page. Most of the stuff there has long since been copied to d20pfsrd, but the one thing that I went back to the site for- the Bestiary Index- I haven't been able to find any replacement for. Does anyone know where I can find a program or something to sort by type, environment, CR, etc? It was honestly invaluable for running a game and it's horrible to imagine that I'm going to have to move on without it.

The Archives of Nethys site has been having some issues lately, but I'm sure it'll be up soon. I love it a lot, but here's an emergency copy of the Index for you!

I use this when the legacy site is down :smile:

http://pathfinder.d20srd.org/indices/bestiary.html

DaLucaray
2019-03-08, 08:43 PM
I'm not particularly fond of AoN, especially dconsidering it's lack of a proper bestiary search function, and d20PFSRD doesn't have bestiaries 5 or 6 :annoyed:.

Similarly, the link you posted has the old Paizo SRD search function, but it... doesn't seem to do anything.

inuyasha
2019-03-10, 11:46 PM
I'm not particularly fond of AoN, especially dconsidering it's lack of a proper bestiary search function, and d20PFSRD doesn't have bestiaries 5 or 6 :annoyed:.

Similarly, the link you posted has the old Paizo SRD search function, but it... doesn't seem to do anything.

Y'know... I use the rest of that site periodically, and I posted that link just assuming it worked. Sorry about that!

Rynjin
2019-03-11, 12:16 AM
d20PFSRD doesn't have bestiaries 5 or 6 :annoyed:.

You sure? Because searching for "Bestiary 5" and "Bestiary 6" on d20pfsrd brings up a bunch of results. All of the results are in the index if you search Bestiary By Type and Bestiary By CR as well, though they don't appear to be in the "Sorted alphabetically" list (which I dunno why you'd ever use anyway).

Tested with Combusted, Omnipath, Targotha, Dream Naga, Veiled Master and Vavakia Demon, and I doubt that somehow I randomly clicked on the only six Bestiary 5/6 monsters uploaded.

Edit: Bestiary 5 has some hiccups, apparently (many are under Sort By Type, but most aren't under Sort By CR for some reason), but a search on the SRD also links to this page (http://prd.d20pfsrd.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary5/index.html) on another site with an index of all B5 monsters.