PDA

View Full Version : DM Help Elemental Monk Specialization Ideas

Xavrias
2019-03-03, 11:31 PM
In the campaign I am running, one of the party members is playing an elemental monk from a Monastery that rules one of the kingdoms in the world. The monks start as Novices, and if they pass a test they become Brothers. Brothers are essentially first level monks, the majority of those in the Monastery, but some chosen monks are given the opportunity to pass another test called the 'Rites of Tribulation', and those that do get to specialize in one of the elements.

I'm wondering what kind of mechanical bonuses I could give to the player that wouldn't be too game breaking, everyone else in the party has something similar in their backstories that I've given them some bonus here or there, so I'm not too worried about the monk becoming OP, I am also already using the Way of the 4 elements remastered as found here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1pdYIcfHauwNDM2My1XeWFYSDA/view

Any ideas are welcome, thanks!

bid
2019-03-04, 01:30 AM
More ki, and/or a level 7 feature equivalent to EK's war magic.

ImproperJustice
2019-03-04, 10:48 PM
Resistance related to their element, or enable their fists to gain an elemental propery providing a damage bonus equal to the relevant attribute.

Granting the relevant shaping cantrip could be nifty too, like mold earth, shape water, control flames, etc....

nickl_2000
2019-03-04, 11:26 PM
Check out Kryx's homebrew monks, they would easily fit into the mold of an elemental monk and kryx's stuff is amazing