PDA

View Full Version : Githyanki Incursion support

redwizard007
2019-03-04, 11:27 AM
Once upon a time, Dragon magazine devoted an issue to an invasion of Githyanki. I have the issue, and the fluff. The crunch is all 2nd edition, and that is my problem. I could convert to 3.5 no problem, but my proficiency with 5e is... Lacking. I'm looking to take a campaign from roughly level 5 to 15, so lots of variety will be needed.

Has anyone seen crunch for Githyanki of various level challenges for 5th edition?

If not, is anyone willing to stat out a few?

Thanks

JNAProductions
2019-03-04, 11:29 AM
Once upon a time, Dragon magazine devoted an issue to an invasion of Githyanki. I have the issue, and the fluff. The crunch is all 2nd edition, and that is my problem. I could convert to 3.5 no problem, but my proficiency with 5e is... Lacking. I'm looking to take a campaign from roughly level 5 to 15, so lots of variety will be needed.

Has anyone seen crunch for Githyanki of various level challenges for 5th edition?

If not, is anyone willing to stat out a few?

Thanks

The Tome of Foes has a lot of Gith stuff.

Unoriginal
2019-03-04, 11:29 AM
Have you read the Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes? It has different Girhyanki.

redwizard007
2019-03-04, 12:33 PM
The Tome of Foes has a lot of Gith stuff.

It gets me lvl 10, 12, and 14.

Warriors are Cr 3, I believe. I'd like something in between.

Unoriginal
2019-03-04, 01:09 PM

Then take any of the humanoid NPC statblocks and give them a Githyanki makeup.

MaxWilson
2019-03-04, 01:13 PM

In 5E, CR 3s are perfectly usable at the in-between levels. An 8th level party will be challenged by 6 CR 3 Githyanki Warriors, especially if you use their abilities well like Misty Step. They probably won't TPK but they could potentially kill a PC if they focus. That's 300 HP of Githyanki and 180 HP of potential damage (at +4 to hit) per round! Play around with https://kobold.club/fight/#/encounter-builder

Besides, there's already an in-between CR 8 Githyanki Knight if you want to use it.

As others have said, there's nothing wrong with just giving githyankis class abilities either, if you are getting tired of the same old stat blocks over and over, but I just want to point out that quantity has a quality of its own.