PDA

View Full Version : Book Identification: "psychic bullets"?

Powerdork
2019-03-04, 01:26 PM
Once upon a time, there was a starter package that included a reflavoured sling with "psychic bullets".
Now, my memory is extremely bad. Where can I find this starter package at?
Apologies for the sparse information, this memory is 15+ years old at this point.

Uncle Pine
2019-03-04, 01:36 PM
EPH and the SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/items/weapons.htm#psychic) have psychic weapon with variable enhancement bonus depending on the power point reserve of the user.

Psychic
A psychic weapon’s power depends on its wielder. In the hands of a nonpsionic creature, the weapon possesses the qualities of a nonmagical, nonpsionic masterwork weapon. When wielded by a psionic creature, this weapon has an enhancement bonus based on the wielder’s current power point reserve, as shown on the following table. The weapon’s enhancement bonus decreases as the wielder spends power points, and it increases whenever the wielder gains enough power points (by any means) to put his power point reserve into the next higher category.

Strong clairsentience; ML 17th; Craft Psionic Arms and Armor, reality revision; Price +35,000.
A +1 psychic sling bullet has a price of 3,700 gp and 1 cp. Kind of expensive, for what it's actually worth.

Powerdork
2019-03-04, 02:25 PM
I'd like to clarify that it's not the psychic property I'm looking for but the book that has the not-a-sling. Here's some more information: The book in question very definitely has the same page borders as mainline 3.X books like Magic Item Compendium and Complete Psionic. However, I've been over the books that are most likely to have this (3.0 Psionics Handbook, Expanded Psionics Handbook, Complete Psionic, Player's Handbook II (it has starter packages, too)) and come across nothing.