PDA

View Full Version : DM Help DM's Day Sale

Vogie
2019-03-04, 04:13 PM
So, DM's Guild is having a sale, and the amount of stuff discounted is massive!

What are things that people should definitely pick up at such a sale is this?

JoeJ
2019-03-04, 04:23 PM
So, DM's Guild is having a sale, and the amount of stuff discounted is massive!

What are things that people should definitely pick up at such a sale is this?

Whatever is on you wish list, to start with. If you still have money left after that... well, you're probably richer than me.

Ventruenox
2019-03-04, 04:40 PM
Grod's Guide to Greatness.

JNAProductions
2019-03-04, 05:36 PM

Is available for free, so any money you spend on that is just saying "Hey Grod, you deserve it!"

That being said, I'd definitely check the HELL out of that, because Grod does awesome work.

Grod_The_Giant
2019-03-04, 05:38 PM
A good time to pick up the Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron, I suppose. And hey, if you've ever wanted something crunchier and more epic than D&D, Exalted 3e (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/162759/Exalted-3rd-Edition) is excellent and on sale.

Is available for free, so any money you spend on that is just saying "Hey Grod, you deserve it!"

That being said, I'd definitely check the HELL out of that, because Grod does awesome work.
:smallredface::smallbiggrin:

It's $4.95 now; I had it on pay-what-you-want for a few days because I had no idea how much would be reasonable to charge. (That said, it's still a preposterous amount of material for five bucks and you should definitely buy it)

guachi
2019-03-04, 11:30 PM
Get U1 Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. It'll likely be the best adventure in the new adventure book. Get is for $3 and it's an easy conversion. Benefit is it includes all the original art (which is surprisingly useful in its accuracy)

Vogie
2019-03-05, 08:46 AM
Get U1 Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. It'll likely be the best adventure in the new adventure book. Get is for $3 and it's an easy conversion. Benefit is it includes all the original art (which is surprisingly useful in its accuracy)

Excellent. I had already thrown Against the Cult of the Reptile God & the Village of Hommlet in the cart, as are Matt Colville's go-tos. More of these please!

A good time to pick up the Wayfarer's Guide to Eberron, I suppose.

Certainly. I have recently started listening to the Total Party Thrill podcast, where they talk about an Eberron campaign... are there other materials you'd suggest to read up on that setting?

guachi
2019-03-05, 10:08 AM
Excellent. I had already thrown Against the Cult of the Reptile God & the Village of Hommlet in the cart, as are Matt Colville's go-tos. More of these please!

Also great adventures and relatively easy to convert, aside from the final boss in N1 Against the Cult of the Reptile God. I've used N1 twice so far in my campaign and it, along with U1, were relatively easy to convert to 5e and put in Mystara.

Someone made some great maps for U1 and N1 that you can use. The U1 maps will almost assuredly be better than what comes in the new module. I'd provide a link but I'm at work. I think if you search on "Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh maps" you'll be able to find the artist's Deviant Art page.