PDA

View Full Version : What would your character wear if...

Sindal
2019-03-05, 02:43 AM
Mornin yall

Time for another question just for fun. This ones really silly i'll admit

-Scenario:
For whatever reason your current dnd character is in the present day. As in, our present day. With phones and all that junk. Just suspend your disbelief and assume they are used to living there as well.

With the above in mind...
-) it is a a average mildly weather day. Not too hot or cold. You know you and your group dont have to adventure today and your just going to hang out with the party, somewhere (pick a place)

What does your character pick to wear as a civillian? (Mention your race and class to help the picture)

Guess ill go first:
My half orc ranger would thrown on one of those short sleeved hoodies on. Probably a sporty one, . Some denim shorts. Sneakers. Probably a black/white/greyish theme.

Let see how people view their characters

Crucius
2019-03-05, 04:53 AM
Oooh, I like this!

My Fire Genasi Barbarian-Sorcerer would probably wear a black waistcoat with dark grey cargopants and leather boots. That way the natural heat she feels can exit through her exposed arms and also present her tattoos to the world, all while looking moderately classy for all types of situations.

Bonus: for an activity she would probably convince the party to crash some rich guy's soiree and trash his place when everyone is good and drunk.

hymer
2019-03-05, 05:11 AM
My bladesinger would be wearing a dark blue trouser suit. No lift in the heels of the black security-agent style shoes. She could go unarmed, relying on Shadow Blades if things came to a fight, and would in fact prefer that. In an area where concealed carrying would be allowed, she would carry at least one hidden, light blade, but she would rely on cantrips for ranged attacks.
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/25300000/Scully-the-x-files-25325007-1667-2560.jpg

My shepherd druid would probably wear a white shirt, maybe a vest, khaki shorts, solid walking boots, and a broad-brimmed hat. If weapons are allowed, he would have a rugged hunting rifle nearby, far more effective than his regular attack cantrips. He would also carry a blade if legal; a small one if that was within regulations.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/lostncybr/Jurasic%20Park%20Costumes/Muldoon%20Costume/d816eba3-954d-4698-b427-7c66bf81935b.jpg

Jerrykhor
2019-03-05, 05:36 AM
My character happen to be a rich thot who is something of a fashionista lol. She's a human mystic who owns a Hat of Disguise, which she uses to play dress up and look pretty.

In the modern world, she'd probably wear a variety of short dresses, but never the same one twice. Whatever she wears, she would always have a nice hat to go with it.

Kane0
2019-03-05, 05:41 AM
Jeans and a polo shirt with some rugged walking shoes, none of that cheap sneaker crap. Probably use mask of many faces to look like the most average dude ever too, just to feel normal and blend in for a while

Sindal
2019-03-05, 07:09 AM
Jeans and a polo shirt with some rugged walking shoes, none of that cheap sneaker crap. Probably use mask of many faces to look like the most average dude ever too, just to feel normal and blend in for a while

Neat.
Could i ask the race and class? Though warlock is my first guess

PhoenixPhyre
2019-03-05, 08:35 AM
Depends on level of formality:

Casual: A blouse and trousers/jeans. It wouldn't be flashy or super feminine--the goal is to look neutral. But the fabric and cut would be as nice as she could afford. Something she can move in, especially able to breathe. Sensible shoes, well polished.

Formal: Full-on slinky gown. With sequins and bare shoulders. Not super tight through the bodice--form fitting but stretchy enough for her to be able to breathe. Dripping with jewelry.

She's a warlock/bard who came from a very poor background and loves fancy clothes. She was originally a he (hence the mostly androgynous look when casual), but as a side-effect of her pact...well...it's always a problem when the Patron has a warped sense of humor. She got the operatic voice she wanted...and the body to go along with it. She's come to terms with the change, however.

GlenSmash!
2019-03-05, 11:43 AM
Current Zealot Barbarian: leather motorcycle boots, boot cut blue jeans, henley thermal shirt. If it's cold enough, Carhart work jacket, dexter style gloves. If it's too sunny wide brimmed hat.

Hmm. remarkably like a somewhat stylish hobo. Edit: or hunters on Supernatural.

Rusvul
2019-03-05, 11:54 AM
I'm playing a human bladesinger with a pistol right now (need a lot of DM permision for that one). She's ex-military and proud of it, so I imagine in today's clothes that'd translate to a slightly-too-large leather jacket with an insignia pinned to it. Ripped jeans, combat boots, dirty white tee or tank top, and a concealed pistol.

Amusingly, my conjurer's outfit would barely change: light blue suit with black dress shoes and a silver-hued dress shirt. The only real difference would be a suit jacket instead of a cloak, although that would make hiding his half-elf heritage more difficult. Perhaps he'd take up wide-brimmed hats and carefully style his hair? Either way, he'd probably trade in the gnarled wooden cane for a smarter, more modern one. (He's not old, just snooty.)

Imbalance
2019-03-05, 12:01 PM
*sigh*
My human fighter would still be wearing his cursed armor. Because it's cursed. He'd also not be much for hanging out, as he can't eat or drink, and the curse demands that he bathe in the blood of fallen enemies or gradually starve.

I mean, if he had to socialize, he could conceivably put on a baggy set of coveralls and a broad hat.

nickl_2000
2019-03-05, 12:07 PM
My moon/druid ranger would likely be in a pair of dirty canvas pants, hiking boots, and an old drug rug hoodie having not showered in at least a week and with dirty dreadlocks.

(His charisma is only 6)

2D8HP
2019-03-05, 12:12 PM
Some of my Fighters in chainmail would probably have to adjust, but my many Fighter-Rogues, Rangers and Rogues wearing leather armor would just dress for motorcycling - pretty much as I did in the late 1980's and '90's, I imagine the Elves and half-Elves would wear knit caps, much like Spock in The City on the Edge of Forever:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7wmjAnCAAAB4Mv.jpg:small

Pex
2019-03-05, 12:17 PM
Mountain Dwarf Paladin - Dress shirt, dress pants, shined shoes
Human Sorcerer - Silk shirt with only the middle button closed, no undershirt, shorts, sandals
Human Monk - t-shirt, jeans, sneakers
Human Wizard - t-shirt, slacks, sneakers
Human Barbarian - Boxer shorts

dejarnjc
2019-03-05, 12:21 PM
My wood elf moon druid with dark green hair would probably wear this.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0041/8385/1097/products/35df6147-e15f-4dfa-8311-97a01e8b66f3_1024x1024.jpg?v=1550628490

He enjoys being wealthy and likes to look nice. He currently wears finely made clothes under a grey/green coat woven from spider silk so this picture is pretty close anyway.

Jophiel
2019-03-05, 12:43 PM
Human Female Divine Soul Sorcerer - She's an acolyte of Sune so I expect she'd dress expensive and chic, flirty stuff that mysteriously sells for $425 for a simple sundress with tights and thick-heeled pumps.

Human Male Divination Wizard - Classic conspiracy-theory professor type with rumpled khaki slacks, untucked button-up shirt and a ratty grey sweater over it. A set of worn loafers completing the set.

Halfling Female Glamour Bard - Someone raided Stevie Nicks' closet and is traveling the street dressed in thirty pounds of layered skirts and shawls topped with a velvet hat.

bc56
2019-03-05, 12:49 PM
My Dragonborn warlock would be wearing a black or green suit. Probably with a bulletproof vest underneath, if he could possibly hide it. He wouldn't need to conceal a weapon, blade pact is really nice for that.

ZorroGames
2019-03-05, 01:21 PM
Mountain Dwarf Ranger (ST build)/Fighter.

Dark green long sleeve shirt, Khaki cargo pants, brown belt, semi-casual brown chukka boots, Swiss Army Utility Tool “It is not just a knife” on belt in it’s case, custom made - wood lathe body for a good hefty feel when writing - pen clipped to inside of pocket opening on pants.

ProsecutorGodot
2019-03-05, 01:48 PM
I've got three characters currently:
-Human Paladin: He's physically around 70 but mentally not older than 25. I can imagine though, seeing how professional he's always been, that the most casual thing he'd be caught wearing is a well-pressed set of khaki's and a tucked in button up, probably a solid light colored one. Some nice practical walking shoes to match.

-Warforged Rogue: One of his major character features despite having lived in Waterdeep for hundreds of years is that he never grasped the idea of clothing. That said, he's always got a cloak of some fashion on and the party managed to convince him to purchase an emerald green tuxedo to wear to the fancier meetings.

With that in mind, he's probably the type to have that one green hoody that may have been bright and vibrant 10 years ago but it's lost a lot of its shine. Long pants would not work with his articulated joints so he's probably got a really short pair of sweat shorts. He'd be the type to wear crocs.

-Human Bloodhunter/Wizard: He's short-tempered, dresses in dark colors and is a crazy cat man. Steel-toe boots, Black Jeans, slim fit athletic top, and always carrying a sports bag with him. Sometimes the sports bag makes cat noises.

Kane0
2019-03-05, 04:59 PM
Neat.
Could I ask the race and class? Though warlock is my first guess

Yeah warlock, abnormally tall half-elf.

Mith
2019-03-05, 05:09 PM
Half Orc Barbarian: A kilt.

By the time he retired, he didn't have to worry about cold, so he would likely just be wandering around barefoot. As he doesn't care about many elements of civilisation besides baths, he wouldn't adjust habits for conventions.

Man_Over_Game
2019-03-05, 05:20 PM
My last character was an Arcane Trickster with Ritual Caster, focusing more on Intelligence than Dexterity, but that didn't stop him from filching from any mage he could find.

He was a real con. He'd want to be something inconspicuous, but still able to grab almost anything quickly and hide it. He's the real shady type that'd do anything to get an edge, and he'd consider everyone a mark, just of varying priorities.

I'm thinking...

Thick, large sunglasses, with a beanie cap, to give off the appearance of a careless person and to block anyone from watching him looking around. Cargo pants for quick storage. Small backpack that actually contains a Bag of Holding he stole (his first stolen magical item). Ideally, he'd look like a stoner student you'd never give a second glance. Of course, he'd have your wallet before you finished turning around.

Ventruenox
2019-03-05, 05:21 PM
My current character would dress as Colonel Sanders wearing a stole over his waistcoat.

NecessaryWeevil
2019-03-05, 05:32 PM
I'm currently using a female Tabaxi Battlemaster, remotely operated by my true PC: a cat-sized alien insectoid abomination (it's a long story).

So...either nothing but fur, because it doesn't understand social conventions, or a long duster and cowboy hat - because what else are you going to wear when you specialize in dual-wielding hand crossbows?

Anderlith
2019-03-05, 05:46 PM
My character would wear what he always wears, nothing but an illusion & a protection from elements spell.

Mr_Fixler
2019-03-05, 06:12 PM
Last character I played was a Human Monk who went through the entire campaign in a simple roughspun tunic.

He's probably wearing Khaki cargo shorts, and a light gray t-shirt. There is probably two or three bottles of adult beverage in the cargo shorts.

Sadly I think he has also got crocs on.

Chronos
2019-03-05, 06:45 PM
My current ranger would probably wear khaki trousers and shirt, with lots of pockets, and a wide-brimmed hat. Pretty much the same as he wears while adventuring, except without the armor (which would be mounted somewhere near the fireplace in his den).

The rogue I had before that would probably be in jeans and a black T-shirt printed with the code number for DVD decryption and the caption "This number is illegal".

The last 3rd edition character I played actually did adventure in a T-shirt, featuring a garish silkscreened rainbow unicorn. He was a fiendish warlock who thought he was a fey warlock.

Derpldorf
2019-03-06, 02:14 AM
Depends on if they stay true to character.

My Goliath Fighter wouldn't give a fig about "blending in" and would be openly hostile at the notion of disarming so, honestly, probably a prisoner's jumpsuit or a casket. He's like a medieval samurai except his greatclub has an actual literal fragment of his soul in it.

If he was with his party and they convinced him to blend in... somehow, he would probably wear something simple and functional, like workman's overalls and a tee with a solid pair of boots. He'd still need to figure out a way to hide the club, maybe a cello case or a big poster tube?

DarkKnightJin
2019-03-06, 07:14 AM
7'4" Silver Dragonborn Death Cleric:
Probably a shirt that's slightly too small and tight, some sweatpants with a hole for his tail. And probably a vest or jacket.
Fairly casual if there's no fighting to be done.

Still wear his holy symbol pendant and his pearl 'necklace' bracelet, though.

furby076
2019-03-06, 11:27 PM
Human Paladin - Real charmer and came from a well to do family. He would wear stylish clothing (maybe a suit when going out, or tux to a formal event). Whe hanging out with friends, Diesel jeans, with a t-shirt that had 3 buttons on the v-neck, and brown casual dress shoes. He would have plenty of product in his hair. No jewelry, but an expensive modern looking watch. He'd constantly be accompanied by an entourage as he is popular and has many. He'd be caught on the red carpet to some event, taking pictures with one or two girls.

Human Mystic - Female teeanger who came from the streets (homeless since birth). Obviously, as an adventurer she made it rich (cause adventurers have two options: reach or dead). She does not want to be noticed so would dress in plain clothes as appropriate for the season and area. Loose jeans, sneakers and a sweat shirt or t-shirt. They would be on the loose and comfortable end as she may need to make haste. While she is pretty, she is not overly so. With a completely bald head, some might mistake her for a very fraile boy or possibly someone who had chemo.

Ganymede
2019-03-06, 11:28 PM
My high elf barbarian would definitely be wearing black yoga pants, running shoes, and a blue workout top. She'd also have her hair up in a bun.

Throne12
2019-03-07, 12:20 AM
So my Tiefling Alchemist Artificer. Her outfit wouldn't change much. She would be wearing a black tight fitting sleeveless shirt with a bright colored and stylish poncho. With a mono color skirt that's a darker color but matches. She's a Artificer so she would have her canvas messenger bag "bag of holding" she would have a smart watch on. Constantly have her phone out listening to ebooks with a pair of expensive wireless earbuds "not those earpod crap" she also wears glasses. Oh and in her bag she would have a first aid kit"med kit", a pistol "hand xbow" along with a hold general store. (I have a huge equipment list). Oh and her alchemical Homunculus would be a tiny drone.

She also wears a goblin onesies to bed. My first game with her the town was attacked in the middle of the night and she killed bugbears wearing her goblin onesie forgetting to put on her armor.