PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Magic item buying for my Paladin in AL and warlock invocations

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-03-05, 02:53 AM
Hello guys :)

My panatic religious Half-Elf Vengeance Paladin of Tyr 4/Haxblade Warlock serving the great holy weapon known as "The Executioner" "Verdict/Judgment Bringer" 1 is able to buy a magic item from table F.

I am going Shield and Warhammer EA crit and tanking.

My options are:
+1 weapon - so I won't feel bad for not taking Improved Pact Weapon.
+1 shield - because 20(25 with shield) is not enough for me, it will get me to 21(26).
+1 rod of the pact keeper - more spells=more shield=more metamagic= more smites.
Pearl of power - more spells not warlock only slots.
Boots of elven kind - I have no idea why I will want it.

I am thinking on taking 1/2 more levels in Warlock (up to 2/3) for spells(I don't think I need the pact but magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and damage is nice).

I am thinking on the invocations:
Grasp of Hadar - "GET OVER HERE" is great for a tank.
Agonizing Blast - So I will have a good way to attack resistance and immunity to nonmagical attacks and in range.
Devil Sight - for feeling better for taking Divine soul over shadow.
Improved Pact Weapon - the more you hit the more damage you do the better target you are the more fun you have.

I am planning to finish the build with Divine Soul or Shadow Sorcerer.
I am thinking DS will be better for stuff like Spirit Guardians and Shadow for stuff like activating EA.

Lyracian
2019-03-05, 04:38 PM
Get a magic weapon and then save up for Shield +2?

BloodSnake'sCha
2019-03-06, 04:57 AM
Get a magic weapon and then save up for Shield +2?

That is a nice idea, I think I will go with this one.