PDA

View Full Version : Will AMFES come back?

Segabolt
2019-03-05, 12:28 PM
I am just wondering if anyone knows whether or not a new Monster for Every Season will come out? I was a huge fan of the series and I have all of them and use them regularly. Also, if it does come back, will there be a forum for requests? There are a lot of things I’d like to see added definitely.

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-03-05, 12:36 PM
I am just wondering if anyone knows whether or not a new Monster for Every Season will come out? I was a huge fan of the series and I have all of them and use them regularly. Also, if it does come back, will there be a forum for requests? There are a lot of things I’d like to see added definitely.

Glad you liked them. There will be a second set of 4 seasons coming this year(ish). Bards will be in Spring 2, hopefully out before June.
link (https://twitter.com/RichBurlew/status/1096450275970371586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3ARichBurlew% 7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.giantitp.com%2Fforums%2Fn ewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26p%3D23753128)

GW c

Segabolt
2019-03-05, 01:41 PM
Thanks Grey,
Some things that me and my friends would like to see included in the new AMFES are:
CLASSES
-Monks
-Bards
WHOLE RACE PAGES OF:
Catfolk
Dragonborn
Tiefling
Aliens(?)
Warforged
MORE TOWNSFOLK/COMMON FOLK/THINGS
-Common People
-Kings/Lords
-Bunnies!
-More Scenery/ Dungeon objects
FUTURISTIC/MODERN
-Modern Army people (guns)
-Steampunk people
-Futuristic Things

Fyraltari
2019-03-05, 03:37 PM
link (https://twitter.com/RichBurlew/status/1096450275970371586?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Eembeddedtimeline%7Ctwterm%5Eprofile%3ARichBurlew% 7Ctwcon%5Etimelinechrome&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.giantitp.com%2Fforums%2Fn ewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26p%3D23753128)

GW c
Eight seasons? How sure are we that The Giant is not a Pratchett fan again? :smalltongue:

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-03-05, 03:46 PM
Eight seasons? How sure are we that The Giant is not a Pratchett fan again? :smalltongue:

Because he told us as much. :smallbiggrin:

Honestly, of all the sacrifices he has had to made to keep OotS going, having to avoid Pratchett might not be the most important, but I'd rate it as one of the worst.

Grey Wolf

Jasdoif
2019-03-05, 03:47 PM
Because he told us as much. :smallbiggrin:Specifically:

This seems to come up a lot, but no, I am not a Pratchett fan. I'm not saying anything against his work, I'm just saying that I never managed to read it before OOTS took off, and now that it has, I consciously avoid it so that I can be sure that my ideas aren't being influenced.

Fyraltari
2019-03-05, 03:48 PM
Because he told us as much. :smallbiggrin:

Honestly, of all the sacrifices he has had to made to keep OotS going, having to avoid Pratchett might not be the most important, but I'd rate it as one of the worst.

Grey Wolf

True words, my friend, such selflessness is truly noble.

Jaxzan Proditor
2019-03-06, 02:32 PM
That kind of makes me wonder if The Giant has a “List of Things to Do Once OOTS Is Done”, potentially one with reading Pratchett on it. :smallbiggrin:

kostej
2019-04-03, 04:45 AM
...there will be a second set of 4 seasons coming this year(ish). Bards will be in Spring 2, hopefully out before June...

Oooh, I totally forgot about that. And it is almost around the corner. Woot! Will we get more metallic or even gem dragons? That would be cool.

Joerg
2019-04-03, 01:51 PM
It will be one of the best things about the end of OotS for the Giant that he can then finally read Pratchett.

Grey_Wolf_c
2019-04-03, 01:59 PM
It will be one of the best things about the end of OotS for the Giant that he can then finally read Pratchett.

Not if he intends to keep doing fantasy-ish comedy after OotS (and I understand he has plans for something, although I suppose it might not be fantasy or comedy). If he doesn't want to be influenced (as is his stated reason), he can't touch Pratchett until he's ready to retire. David (& presumably Leigh) Eddings had the same issue: they had stopped reading heroic fantasy because they were in the business of writing it.

Grey Wolf

Sniccups
2019-04-08, 05:30 PM
Thanks Grey,
Some things that me and my friends would like to see included in the new AMFES are:
CLASSES
-Monks
-Bards
WHOLE RACE PAGES OF:
Catfolk
Dragonborn
Tiefling
Aliens(?)
Warforged
MORE TOWNSFOLK/COMMON FOLK/THINGS
-Common People
-Kings/Lords
-Bunnies!
-More Scenery/ Dungeon objects
FUTURISTIC/MODERN
-Modern Army people (guns)
-Steampunk people
-Futuristic Things

As much as I would love those last few things, I really doubt that they will be in the sets - they seem to be very oriented towards standard fantasy and the Monster Manuals.

Rogar Demonblud
2019-04-08, 06:27 PM
We have an island full of steampunk gnomes in the comic. I wouldn't bet against Rich including them (and the lightning cannon wagon).

littlebum2002
2019-04-10, 11:54 AM
Not if he intends to keep doing fantasy-ish comedy after OotS (and I understand he has plans for something, although I suppose it might not be fantasy or comedy). If he doesn't want to be influenced (as is his stated reason), he can't touch Pratchett until he's ready to retire. David (& presumably Leigh) Eddings had the same issue: they had stopped reading heroic fantasy because they were in the business of writing it.

Grey Wolf

That's probably true, but "Now I can finally read Discworld" would be a great title for the last strip.

If he does manage to get to it, either by finishing OOTS or retiring in general, I'm sure he will quickly realize why we thought he was a huge fan.