PDA

View Full Version : Hero Points variation for my S&S campaign- thoughts from others?

ArendK
2019-03-05, 06:48 PM
So I'm running a heavily modified Skull and Shackles campaign. I'm looking at adding hero points to the mix, with a slight alteration.

If a player is out of hero points, they may invoke "Buccaneers Luck" -they can immediately benefit from another hero point, BUT the GM gets one of his own he can use either to bolster NPC's (likely adversarial to the PC's) OR to hinder a PC as fortune turns against them. Alternatively, I was thinking about giving them a few more Hero Points than normal, BUT each time they spend one, the GM receives one to use in the same way.

-Hindering would take the effect of a penalty akin to the Bonus effect of a standard Hero Point (-8 if before the roll, or -4 if after the fact), or forcing a reroll. They cannot be used to take away an action from a player.

I'm thinking using some cheap pirate coins or something as tokens to toss back and forth to represent hero points available (something tangible is always a nice touch).

Hopefully I can get some good input for this being a good idea, or ways to make it better (or whats wrong with it).