PDA

View Full Version : Player Help (Pathfinder) Vigilante class - Masked Maiden archetype

graylix
2019-03-05, 09:40 PM
Hey guys,

New poster here. woot!

I have a question specifically for the Vigilante class - Masked Maiden archetype. Essentially they were an all female honor guard for Queen Ileosa Arabasti of Korvosa. Now, with the Vigilante Class there
is an archetype based around them called 'Masked Maiden'. You are basically one of the Gray Maidens that continues on after the formal disbandment of the unit. The Queen was quite vain and had the
women's faces scarred because she didnt want any of them to be more beautiful than her. However, this is not mentioned in the Vigilante's Masked Maiden archetype.
My question is do you think that my character's face must be scarred, or could she have avoided that?

I realize its more of a 'role-playing' issue, but I wanted opinions.

Thanks,
Graham C.

Spore
2019-03-05, 11:31 PM
There are not hard Yes' or No's for RP prerequisites. I say if you want to connect your character to said queen I would go for the scarring. If not, then just do a character that surprisingly fights similarly to said masked maidens.

graylix
2019-03-06, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the reply. Another question: it says that the masked maiden receives a set of Grey Maiden armor that is 'battered'. I can't find what this means anywhere.
Is this like the 'broken' condition?

The Random NPC
2019-03-06, 04:15 AM
Thanks for the reply. Another question: it says that the masked maiden receives a set of Grey Maiden armor that is 'battered'. I can't find what this means anywhere.
Is this like the 'broken' condition?

Battered is not an official condition. In this case, the armor can only be sold for 4d6 gp, and nobody else is proficient in it (including other maidens). That and the ability to upgrade it to masterwork is all it does.