PDA

View Full Version : Starfinder Barbarian.

Relonious
2019-03-06, 03:22 PM
I am currently getting familiar with the rules from the starfinder system. My preferred method is to tinker around and make a lot of homebrew. So I got to the old problem of porting old pathfinder classes. The Corebook has some guidelines, but I believe it is best done by thematic approximation instead of a literal translation.

Case in point, the Barbarian. My take on it is a Soldier with a fighting style that keeps the flavour of raging as a barbarian. So instead of fleshing a whole class, I just make a new fighting style instead.

But I am not completely sure if it is underpowered, or overpowered compared with other styles, and how can it be improved.

Raging Fighting Style:
A barbarian can call upon inner reserves of strength and ferocity, granting her additional combat prowess.

Rage (Ex) 1st Level:
Starting at 1st level, a barbarian can rage for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + her Constitution modifier. Each new soldier level after receiving this benefit, adds 2 additional rounds when raging.

A barbarian can enter rage as a free action. The total number of rounds of rage per day is renewed after resting for 8 hours, although these hours do not need to be consecutive.

While in rage, a barbarian gains a +2 morale bonus to melee damage, to Will saves and to feats of strength. In addition, she takes a –2 penalty to KAC and EAC. The barbarian also gains 2 temporary hit points per level while raging, but these disappear when the rage ends and were not lost first. While in rage, a barbarian cannot use any Charisma, Dexterity, or Intelligence based skills (except Acrobatics, and Intimidate) or any ability that requires patience or concentration.

A barbarian can end her rage as a free action and is fatigued after rage for a number of rounds equal to 2 times the number of rounds spent in the rage. A barbarian cannot enter a new rage while fatigued or exhausted but can otherwise enter rage multiple times during a single encounter or combat. If a barbarian falls unconscious, her rage immediately ends, placing her in peril of death.

Greater Rage (Ex) 5th level:
The morale bonus to her melee damage, to Will saves and to feats of strength increases to +3 when raging, and the barbarian gains 3 temporary hit points per level.

Kinetic Resistance (Ex) 9th level:
You gain DR 1/—. At 13th level, this DR increases to 3/— and at 17th to 5/—. Only the highest benefit of Kinetic Resistance applies.

Tireless Rage (Ex): 13th level:
Starting at 13th level, a barbarian no longer becomes fatigued at the end of her rage.

Mighty Rage (Ex): 17th level
The morale bonus to her melee damage, to Will saves and to feats of strength increases to +4 when raging, and the barbarian gains 4 temporary hit points per level.