PDA

View Full Version : Superhero Cypher System Focus: Shrinks to Miniscule Size [PEACH]

Llama513
2019-03-06, 04:51 PM
I have only recently discovered the Cypher System, but was looking through the focuses and noticed a distinct lack of a shrinking based focus, so I took the Grows to Towering Heights focus as a starting point, and put together a focus of my own for use mostly in Superhero settings, but can be used elsewhere.

The Focus can be found here: https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/r1DZlTsp8E

I am still really new to the System, so it is very possible that I am way off base in terms of power, but I think that my experience in Homebrewing for DnD 5e at least gives me a decent understanding of balance. Any help or advice on the focus is appreciated.

Llama513
2019-03-06, 06:14 PM
Having a bit of a time trying to balance out the focus with the problems that arise with the size, and major risks, and movement speed penalties that arise due to the size reduction, and am wondering would it be too powerful if I reduced Shrink to cost 1 Might point, and then last until it was deactivated.

Llama513
2019-03-07, 12:43 AM
Contemplating making the shrink ability cost 1 Might point and last until deactivated, and adding a further level of reduction to Speed Defense and Stealth at Tiers 3 and 6 to help compensate for the increase in danger that comes from the size change at those two tiers

Llama513
2019-03-07, 07:59 PM
Decided to make the shrinking last as long as the user wants, and cost 1 might, though I can very easily change it back, or make additional uses of shrink cost more again if this is to powerful. Also added a reduction to Stealth and Speed Defense tasks, at tiers 3 and 6, for a total of 2 and 3 respectively, provided that you shrink to the size available at those tiers