PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 4th - In the beginning(IC)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Zaranthan
2008-09-12, 01:59 PM
Felix hops up, grinning like an idiot. He whispers to Sabrina, "Let's get all hyper and disorderly at the front doors, or in the lobby if we can manage it. That beat cop is likely to be on edge." He then misses a step, and puts on a cackle for anyone who may be watching.

lawful_evil
2008-09-12, 08:21 PM
Felix and Sabrina stagger out from behind the car where they were hiding and head down the block towards the target building. Sinkalip tries to pick up the trail of the rent-a-cop... not having an astral link to follow(or the time), he looks for physical clues.

[roll0]

Sinkalip, seeing bloody footprints leading from the scene, into the building guesses that he went inside.

The cop, who had been interacting with his commlink(entering a report or something), looks up at Sabrina and Felix and closely watches them for a few moments.

[roll1] Threshold 4 to see through the cover/acting.

The cop scowls a bit and then turns back to his report/commlink.

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-15, 12:42 PM
((Must I do everything? :smalltongue:))

[Whatever you guys are going to do, better start doing it fast. The clock is ticking, and I'd really love to actually get payed for all the drek we went through today.] Especially considering this is the last part, the longest part, and with all the Star hanging around, the part that'll be easiest to frag up.

Has him a bit on edge, to be honest. Not to be cliché or anything, but he's got a bad feeling about this.

dauphinous
2008-09-15, 01:01 PM
Sabrina

"Yeah, yeah, keep your shirt on." Sabrina mutters it between giggles. She moves along with Felix towards Green Bits, intending to do an incredibly silly splat of herself up against the door, then bounce off laughing.

Zaranthan
2008-09-15, 03:43 PM
Felix starts monster-stepping once he gets across the street, complete with sound effects. "Boom! Pssh! Boom! Pssh! Bubba the Love Troll is here to spread the love!"

<<Assuming we get to the property without further incident. Feel free to retcon me if I get interrupted.>>

lawful_evil
2008-09-15, 06:50 PM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip pulls out his astral magnifying glass and follows the bloody trail into the lobby of the building. In the lobby he finds several potted plants in the corners of the room as well as several dozen smaller plants along the edge of the receptionist's desk. The desk itself is not manned at this time. It does appear that the desk contains some sort of computer access terminal.

A hallways leads off to the left beyond an elevator. To the right, the bloody footprints fade out as they lead towards a unisex bathroom. Behind the receptionist's desk on the right is another door, locked with a maglock and retinal scanner.

Sabrina and Felix stagger out into the street, hopeful they can finish crossing behind a compact car before a speeding motorcycle runs them down. Behind them, they can hear the rumbling of a large truck approaching. The truck obscures Damien's LOS on the cop as is slowly rumbles up the street towards the building.

Time :

[21:48:18] Current Time
[21:48:00] Mission Start Time
[21:50:00] Mission Stop Time

dauphinous
2008-09-17, 05:50 PM
Sabrina

Clapping like a little fangirl for Felix, Sabrina squeals. "Yes, that's completely it!" She darts to him and then a few meters away and back and forth over and over as he crosses the street. Her primary goal is to look like she's not paying much attention to the traffic while avoiding getting hit.

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-20, 12:47 PM
Though Damien is mildly disturbed by the sudden inability to keep an eye on things, that truck will be past soon. Hopefully.

In the meantime, he resists the urge to send another message at Sabrina and Felix telling them to hurry and get on with the attacking already.

lawful_evil
2008-09-22, 04:25 PM
Sabrina and Felix finish dodging through traffic and make it to the sidewalk as the car drive past, unaware of the deviousness about to happen. Sinkalip lingers in the lobby, unable to further follow the trail of the security guard, having lost his trail.

Damien still can't quite see what is going on as the large truck is slowing down as it approaches the traffic signal. He can also see from the blinking light on the rear of the truck, it intends to make a left turn at the light.

Time :

[21:48:21] Current Time

{{ Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L6_4.png) from last round.. which I seem to have forgotten to link in... }}

Destro_Yersul
2008-09-23, 11:49 AM
Well, at least his drone can still see then. So he'll be watching through that while he waits for the truck to go by. What use is a guy on overwatch if he can't see anything?

c'mon you guys, do something... This is spoken to no-one but himself.

dauphinous
2008-09-23, 12:04 PM
Sabrina

Giggling madly, Sabrina runs up to the door and jumps at it. She has no intention of even trying to break it, just to act like a stupid fluffhead hopped up on something and thumping into it. If there is a knob or other sort of handle that can be manipulated, she does so. "Little pig, little pig, let me in!"

Zaranthan
2008-09-23, 01:50 PM
Felix scrambles up behind Sabrina and slams his hands on the door on either side of her head. "Not by the hairs on my chinny-chin chin!" He then somersaults back and starts breakdancing, badly.

<<Buying a hit on 3 Agi + 1 Gymnastics to avoid banging my head on the concrete.>>

Santanya
2008-09-25, 06:07 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip prowls through the building, ignoring the walls, just looking around the perimeter of the building the best he can.

I'm confused by the need to 'track'. In astral form, a mage can move at a horrendous pace, so covering each and every room looking for the astral signal of the man wouldn't be hard unless he's somehow astrally hiding himself...

Sinkalip would be looking for the 'being' he saw earlier, or anyone else, particularly someone with a dual nature, or who is magical in their own right.

lawful_evil
2008-09-25, 06:49 PM
Sinkalip doesn't see the fellow in the lobby and sets off on a methodical search of the building, row by row, floor by floor(NOT manifested).

The front door to Green Bits, Inc. is a large slab of glass 3-4 cm thick with a large bronze(brass?) handle set into the side and a complex looking maglock security scanner set into the wall just to the right of the door. Sabrina grabs the handle, but it isn't the kind that moves. When she shakes it and Felix starts to pound on the glass, they find the door begins to open on its own.

Beyond the glass door is a small lobby(about 4 meters deep and 5 meters wide). In the lobby they find several potted plants in the corners of the room as well as several dozen smaller plants along the edge of the receptionist's desk. The desk itself is not manned at this time. It does appear that the desk contains some sort of computer access terminal.

Auditory Perception Test(for Sabrina / Felix)...
-3 dice.... threshold 3.

Just as they breach the door, there is a terrible sound as one of the tractor trailer's rear tires blow out, throwing the rear of the truck sideways into the Lone Star Patrol vehicle. The trailer slams into the side of the patrol car adding the sound of crunching plastic, metal, and glass to the normal street sounds.

Updated Map (http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/L6_5.png)

dauphinous
2008-09-25, 07:57 PM
Sabrina

Giggling madly, Sabrina rushes inside. She stops just a couple of meters in, though, and looks at Felix with a sort of come-hither grin, then nods to the computer terminal. For the moment, the only other thing she does is look around, very carefully.

Observe in detail. Are there any obvious cameras? Maybe non-obvious ones? Anything that looks like smashing it might set off an alarm?
Visual Perception is 11 dice: 3 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6335)
Auditory perception is 6 dice: 4 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6334)

Zaranthan
2008-09-27, 02:38 PM
Felix flips upright at the crash, and darts inside before the door swings shut again. He takes a moment to take in his surroundings, then starts humming the Mission Impossible theme and heads for the terminal.

Auditory Perception: 4 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6345), and barely dodged a glitch.
3 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6346) for whatever might be seen and not heard.

lawful_evil
2008-09-27, 04:30 PM
The dynamic duo slip into Green Bits. Looking around, they see a slew of cameras around the lobby. Camera covering inside of the front door. Camera covering the outside of the front door. Camera covering the elevator. Camera covering the cluster of chairs in the corner of the lobby(waiting area). Several cameras covering the biometric scanner. Camera covering the entry hallway.

Sinkalip finds his man on his second pass through the first floor. He is in the bathroom just off the lobby(to the east) washing the blood off his hands/outfit. He has his shirt off and is running under the water.

dauphinous
2008-09-30, 09:17 AM
Sabrina

"Did you hear that? I think we are a distraction. We gotta be distracting. Can you muck with that terminal? Make weird stuff happen in strange places or something?"

Zaranthan
2008-10-01, 06:12 PM
Felix

"Babe, check this out! They left the screens on." Felix fishes a dead chip out of his pocket, using it to tap his way through the menus. "Oh, yeah. I'm Fastjack, baby! No system is safe from my skills! ...uh, you might want to hold that door open."

First, I'm going to see what I can do with public access. If nothing useful turns up, I'll ad-lib some hacking to get in.

2 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6355) plus 0 hits ("http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6356) to break in if necessary. Sheesh.

dauphinous
2008-10-01, 06:19 PM
Sabrina

"If you're Fastjack, then I must be...." Realizing that she must be on camera here for someone, Sabrina uses her new-found dancing skills to start giving anyone who might be watching something of a show. She doesn't strip anything off this time, at least. "the Bond girl." She giggles.

Santanya
2008-10-03, 03:12 PM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip grins slightly as he watches the man from astral space. He moves back and concentrates, attempting to summon a spirit of water. A deep frown crosses his face as he feels the spirit slip away barely without even paying attention to him.

Attempting to summon a Force level 6 spirit:
Summon + Magic: 8D6: [5, 1, 3, 2, 2, 4, 3, 4] = 1 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6377)
Opposed Test: 6D6.SR4() = [6, 2, 2, 5, 4, 1] = 2 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6377)
FAIL!
Drain value: 4 - Resist: [5, 3, 6, 3, 1, 2, 5, 6, 4, 3] = 4 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6380)

lawful_evil
2008-10-03, 04:22 PM
Felix moves up and starts tapping away as he tries to command a non-existent Exploit program to breach the defenses of the secretaries' console. The best he is able to do is play a little tune with the password rejected beeps.

*beep* *beep* *beepbeepbeepbeepbeep* *beep* *beep*

Time :

[21:48:33] Current Time

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-05, 10:08 AM
And Damien, who is still sitting in the van, moves the drone a bit to get a better view of the building, namely because the truck seems to be in the way semi-permanently now. [Dunno if you guys have realized it yet, but a truck just crashed outside. Pray we can shoot some stuff and be out of here by the time anyone decides to see what the problem is.]

dauphinous
2008-10-07, 06:16 PM
Sabrina

"Frag this." Sabrina pulls out her taser dart gun, walks around to the console, and pushes Felix aside gently. Then she shoots the console.

It's a Defiance EX Shocker. Does 8s(electrical). No idea what sort of effect it should have. I would like to hope she can hit a stationary target while standing less than a meter away from it with 4 dice.

Santanya
2008-10-08, 10:02 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip frowns, a sneer forming across his face as he makes an attempt at his summoning once more.

Attempting to summon a Force level 6 spirit:
Summon + Magic: 8D6: [5, 1, 6, 1, 5, 1, 4, 5] = 4 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6393) (Ok, forgot his stun damage, the last hit doesn't count)
Opposed Test: 6D6: [4, 3, 4, 6, 2, 1] = 1 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6393)
Drain value: - 10D6: [6, 3, 2, 3, 1, 2, 4, 2, 6, 2] = 2 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6393)
Spirit: Spirit of Water
B:8 A:6 R:12 C:6 I:6 L:6 W:6 Edge:6 Ess:6 M:6 Init:18 IP:2
Astral Init/IP: 12/3 Movement: 10/25 (30/75 swimming)
Skills(6): Assensing, Astral Combat, Dodge, Exotic Ranged Combat, Perception, Unarmed Combat
Powers: Astral Form, Concealment, Confusion, Engulf, Materialization, Movement, Sapience, Search
Optional Powers: Binding, Accident

Sinkalip grins gleefully at the spirit as it finally pays attention. He whispers quietly in the astral to the being, pointing his nose towards the man washing his shirt outside.

Asking the spirit to conceal itself, then use its Accident power on the man. This should eat up both services I suppose...
It would have to materialize this round, and use it next. Sinkalip is doing this inside the handicap stall, trying to remain unseen (well, he will being astral, the spirit perhaps not as much).
Concealment: 6 dice off any perception test to notice it
Accident: Magic + Willpower: 12 Dice - [3, 1, 4, 4, 6, 4, 4, 6, 3, 1, 6, 2] = 3 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6394)

Zaranthan
2008-10-08, 02:50 PM
Felix

Felix jumps back from the now highly dangerous screen with a yelp. "Whoa! Watch it!" He then remembers what he was supposed to be doing and starts speaking as rapidly as he can, bobbing his head to his own cadence. "I could've been fried! That was awesome, just like that time in Johnny Decker when he was breaking into that old system and he had to pull the plug every time there was a power surge and then his deck melted and he had to fight the ICE without any programs which is totally impossible but really freaking awesome becausehejuststrangleditwithhismindmanitwassocool!"

He pauses to catch his breath, "What the hell was I just talking about?"

lawful_evil
2008-10-08, 06:57 PM
Inside the bathroom, the man continues to try and wash the blood from his shirt. Sinkalip summons a spirit and sics it on the one guard you were being paid not to mess with.

In the lobby, Sabrina fries the console, sending sparks and a poof of white smoke into the air. Felix yelps.

Inside the bathroom, the man looks up and towards the door back to the lobby. He drops his shirt and pulls out a small pistol. When he moves towards the door, he slips in the puddle of water he accidentally created while washing his shirt. He lets out a 'Whoop' as skids and crashes into the door, collapsing to the ground against the inside of the door.

{{ Those in the lobby hear the whoop and the crash into the door. Sounds like it came from the bathroom. }}

Outside, the truck driver is out of the cab and on the sidewalk having a heated discussion with the cop. Damien can see a man.. no a woman, open the 3rd floor window and climb out on to the ledge. The woman is wearing an all black suit, nearly painted on. She pulls out a knife and seems to stab the building with it(just above the window) with a poof of smoke.

Moments later, several large bulky objects(perhaps duffel bags), float from the roof of the semi-tracker trailer up to the window where the woman grabs them.

Time :

[21:48:39] Current Time

Santanya
2008-10-09, 10:39 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip snickers softly, and astrally and whispers to the spirit again. After the spirit slips back to Astral space, it and Sinkalip sneak back out through the wall to the lobby to watch over the other two.

I did nothing! Its not my fault he's clumsy! :smallbiggrin:

dauphinous
2008-10-09, 11:54 AM
Sabrina

"Idon'tknowbutthatwassoawesome!" Sabrina squeals with glee.

To Felix: [Any ideas on where the feed for the cameras might be going?]

Zaranthan
2008-10-09, 09:49 PM
Felix

[If they have any sense in their heads, they're hardlined to the security spider and his image recognition suite. Luckily, such a setup isn't cheap, even by corporate standards, so we might have a few moments before somebody notices us and responds.]

Felix turns to look at the bathrooms, drawing his taser. "Frag, babe, I think they're on to us. Time to go secret-agent style."

lawful_evil
2008-10-10, 05:38 PM
Sabrina and Felix, realizing they are supposed to avoid the guard high tail it out of there. Luckily the cop is distracted arguing with the truck driver. As they slip back outside, Sabrina notices a flash of motion as a large bulky duffel bag flies down from the window ledge to the top of the trailer.

Damien watches the woman in black hand the duffel bags in through the window to someone and then recover each from the person inside. She seems to attach each to an invisible line and allows each to slide down to the truck.

Sabrina and Felix make with their act again and stumble down the street away from the crime and into a dark alley out of sight. Sinkalip watches the guard astrally. He sees the blown terminal and begins a sweep of the first floor looking for the culprits.

After a minute or so she detaches the line from the truck and climbs back inside. The truck driver also climbs back into his cab at about this time and starts up the truck just as the guard comes running out screaming(having finished his sweep).

{{ Sped things up there at the end so we could get past this... }}

lawful_evil
2008-10-11, 02:02 PM
Time :

[21:50:01] Current Time

dauphinous
2008-10-11, 02:29 PM
Sabrina

To Damien: [We're out and down an alley to the right of the building. Go around the block and meet us on the other side of it. Wait for Sin to wake up before you move the van.]

Not stopping at this point, Sabrina start walking normally. She's still riding a little bit of a rush from getting into a place and doing something destructive. And finishing this day's work. It all seems a little surreal now, really. Smirking, she gives Felix a sidelong glance and speaks relatively quietly to him. "I appreciate that you didn't do anything gratuitously, even though you had my permission to. That's revoked the second we get in the van, you know."

Zaranthan
2008-10-11, 03:18 PM
Felix

Felix taps a few virtual buttons, calming down his head cable and returning his eyes to normal. "I didn't really see any need to, and it might have distracted us and caused a lot more problems than it would've solved." He pulls out his glasses again as the van pulls up, and adjusts them on his nose. "Now, on the other hand, we've nearly gotten ourselves killed, what, half a dozen times? I'd say the fact that we're still breathing without mechanical assistance calls for a celebration!"

With that, he turns, sweeps Sabrina off her feet, plants a quick kiss on her lips, stands her upright, and dives into the van. "HEY, PARTYGOERS! EVERYBODY ALIVE IN HERE? LET'S JET!

Greatly appreciate the fast-forward, there. I was running out of ideas that didn't constitute A-Felonies.

In case you've lived under a rock all your life, and can't figure out what pose I'm talking about:
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/687/kiss01re8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dauphinous
2008-10-11, 05:24 PM
Sabrina

Taken completely off guard by Felix, Sabrina doesn't resist at all, and stumbles a little as he puts her back on her feet. Then she starts giggling and follows him into the van. She yanks the door shut and drops herself onto the floor next to Sinkalip, then starts pulling the 'disguise' stuff off. Her giggles subside quickly, being half borne of the adrenaline that is wearing off, leaving her with a grin that is starting to look a little tired around the edges. "Felix, you should come with us the next time we do something. You're a handy guy to have around."

Zaranthan
2008-10-11, 06:42 PM
Felix

Felix twists about, somehow getting his rear end in the vicinity of a seat. "There's going to be a next time? Oh, I am SO there, chum. Here, lemme give you my commcode."

lawful_evil
2008-10-12, 08:33 AM
Sinkalip returns to his body and Damien discretely recovers the rest of the team, fleeing the area.

Other than Damien/Sinkalip doing some IC chat, I suspect this is the end of this adventure... Other than, perhaps getting paid for it...

I suspect that people will now want to spend a bit of time in recovery mode and attempting to get better gear for their next outing.

So..

1. Who is getting the payment?
2. What gear do people want and how do they plan to get it(using contacts)? Even if you don't know a fixer, your contacts can put you in touch with such people(for a price), at which point you can list them directly as a contact(loyalty 1).
3. When/How long till you will look for more work?

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-12, 09:12 AM
Alright, I suppose that didn't go too badly. Shall we see if we get payed for it? Damien flips the radio again, turning on another of his old songs. This one seems to involve money... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oNrreaCeDY)

I vote we split the payment. Won't be much, but it'll be something. We need to launder the van, and Damien's got a meeting set up with the Doc's supplier, see if he can get some shiny new upgrades for his cyberarm. Dunno too much about other stuff, but he'll definitely be looking into a fake SIN, a smartlink, and some heavier artillery to mount on his drones as well. How he'll find those? No clue. Maybe his Bartender friend knows a fixer or something.

dauphinous
2008-10-12, 01:57 PM
Sabrina

Taking Felix's commcode, Sabrina gives him hers, also. "I have to call some people to get myself set up with a few things. I...have experience dealing with uncooperative types, and feminine wiles to spare. So if you need any help finding things, shmoozing people about prices, getting set up on a date, whatever, I'm good at all that. Just call me. Not like I'll be at work or anything. I'll see if I can scrape us another job, too. I was an administrative assistant in my former life," she adds for Felix's benefit. "I did everything for my boss from buying her drugs to screening her dates to paying her bills to setting up her parties. That's what I'm really good at."

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-14, 09:27 AM
She's not kidding. How many times did you need to get that scooter of yours fixed? Undue wear and tear, I tell ya. Damien grins, though he's mostly concentrating on his driving. There's a few things I'm going to need. Hey Felix, feel up to helping me assemble and upgrade a bunch of drones?

Zaranthan
2008-10-14, 09:48 PM
"Ooh, hardware, huh? Sounds fun, when do we start?"

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-15, 12:15 PM
Soon as I can get the stuff ordered and delivered. I've got a few calls to make too. Sabrina, can you and Sin pick up the cash for this? Oh, and where do you all want to be dropped off?

dauphinous
2008-10-15, 12:28 PM
Sabrina

Checking over the information Renko had been kind enough to forward to her earlier, Sabrina frowns. "Oh, we are actually supposed to contact them. Says 'Southern Renton Horticulture Chat :: titan_arum_lover'." Sabrina gives a shot at looking for the chatroom, but if she can't find it quickly, she gives up and sends the information to Felix and Damien.

I took the liberty of looking that up. I don't know what's needed to locate said chatroom, but Sabrina isn't going to try for more than half a minute.

Zaranthan
2008-10-15, 03:15 PM
Felix

Felix manages to hold a straight face while he turns to Sabrina with an overdramatic pout. "Oh, sure, just assume 'Four Eyes' knows where to find everything on the Matrix. Just because my skin bursts into flames when I go outside doesn't mean I'm not a person!" He then stares up at the corner of the van, navigating his search engine with one finger in the air in front of him.

{{Staying in AR and buying two hits per test until I find it.}}

lawful_evil
2008-10-15, 06:00 PM
Felix doesn't have much trouble locating the chat or the user in question.

dauphinous
2008-10-15, 06:13 PM
Sabrina

"Sorry, you're a good enough kisser that I'm just giving it to you because you're not Sin and Damien is driving." Sabrina gives Felix a very fake innocent smile. "Are we supposed to use code or something? They always do in the trids. Maybe tell him that we've delivered his flowers and would like to pick up our payment."

Zaranthan
2008-10-16, 02:47 PM
Felix

"Okay, found it. Maybe you should do the talking, I doubt whoever's paying you wants to be greeted by a total stranger." Felix tosses a virtual life preserver to the AR icons of the other passengers.

The preserver represents a link to the node the chat is hosted on. My persona's in the node (obviously, else I couldn't find the chat), but I'm not joining the chat before anyone else does.

dauphinous
2008-10-16, 07:26 PM
Sabrina

She snorts. "I'm a total stranger, too, but that's not going to be a problem for me." With the access to the chatroom, she just starts.

[We've been delivering flowers for you this afternoon and evening and would like to be paid for them.]

lawful_evil
2008-10-16, 08:30 PM
[We got the flowers, but some were already wilting and they looked like they were just tossed into the box. Will provide good faith payment, but expect a fresher flowers with a more professional appearance next time. <<Secure Account Number>> Find the account passcode encrypted in the image we provided you at the meet.]

dauphinous
2008-10-16, 08:34 PM
Sabrina

Looking up at Sin, Sabrina gives him a meaningful look. She almost asks him to check for an image acquired at the meet. Then she thinks better of it. "Gimme your commlink. Or whatever they gave you at the meet."

lawful_evil
2008-10-17, 10:45 AM
Data Chip(can be accessed by Commlink , if you've got a Signal of 4 or higher.

Data Chip Contents :

Wednesday June 4th :
17:35 Downtown Seattle, 18902 2nd Ave. (48 seconds)
19:20 Bellevue, 10 Professional Drive (72 seconds)
19:30 Bellevue, 907 Eastern Blvd. (60 seconds)
20:00 Renton, 8205 Industrial Way (96 seconds)
20:22 Renton, 502 Lilypad Drive (30 seconds)
21:48 Auburn, 802 Steel Road (120 seconds)

Reminders :
Location 4 - Plant the magnetic package under the light grey Mercury Sunflare in the secure parking lot.
Location 6 - Do not attack, injure, cast spells at, or otherwise interact with this man :
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l25/dauphinous/security-guard.jpg

You'll need to perform a little 'geekery' to check out the image and decrypt out the password.

dauphinous
2008-10-18, 07:53 AM
Sabrina

She takes the chip from Sin and hands it over to Felix. "The passcode is in the image on this thing. And yes, this time, I am giving it to you because you're a total geek."

Zaranthan
2008-10-18, 02:55 PM
Felix

Felix fidgets with the chip for a moment, then patches into it with his commlink and starts deconstructing the image. "Passcode hidden in an image, I think I've heard of a few tricks like that. And for the record, 'geek' is a compliment."

Not sure what, if anything, I'd need to roll for this, but I can throw Logic 5, Hacking/Computer 4, Edit 5, and a few matrix security-related knowledges at it and see what sticks.

Worst case scenario, I can call up my Blogger contact and ask him for advice. His specialty is software design, so he might know a trick or two for hiding code.

lawful_evil
2008-10-18, 04:02 PM
Felix finds the stream of bits hidden in the image, but can't seem to figure out how to interpret the bits so that they form a valid account passcode. Seems like he'll need a decrypt program... or to have someone else do it.

Feeling secure in sending his buddy the code(without the account number or bank name), Felix sends the raw data to his Blogger buddy Jack, who, after a couple minutes sends back the passcode and a warning, "You owe me... nothing too big, but something. I call you."

{{ Isn't Sabrina expecting a call from the doctor during her downtime? }}

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-19, 08:35 AM
((I know Damien is. The Doc said he'd get back to him on the cyberware supplier.))

Awesome. So, where to? I need to find a place to stash the van for a bit, you guys need to get home...

lawful_evil
2008-10-24, 02:12 PM
That night everyone sleeps and sleeps and sleep. The next day, they hit the streets looking to acquire the tools of their new trade. Sabrina's doctor calls to provide her information about a job, but finding she's somewhat busy, he dejectedly indicates she should just come by when she has time. These low-lifes are still going to owe him money in a week... unless they die first.

She hits the streets with Sinkalip looking to score some illegal goods. Soon they find they have to part ways in order to follow their leads. Damien's doctor calls to provide him a little feedback about the cyberlimb. Damien and Felix provide a list of 'goodies' to Sabrina so she can get stuff for everyone while she is out there. Damien picks up the new parts and drops his arm off to have it upgraded. The technician takes the resultant, nearly new, spare parts off Damien in lieu of payment.

After a couple days, Sabrina stops by to deliver new identification to everyone.(be sure to determine you new name)

After a week or so, Sabrina comes through with guns for Damien to start installing on the drones. About the same time, Felix gets his matrix fix(programs). After two weeks Sinkalip has finally figured out his spells. Another couple days and Sabrina, finally, has everything everyone needs... Come and get it.

lawful_evil
2008-10-24, 02:27 PM
[[Pop Up News(PUN)]] - Good Morning Seattle. Today is Monday June 23rd. Overcast this morning with a chance of light rain this afternoon. Winds should keep the acid ash south of the Renton area today. After video of some Lone Star interrogation techniques was released yesterday, Government officials have been flooded with requested to terminate their contact and issue a new RFP.

[[Seattle Independent News(SIN)]] - Lone Star's legal division is said to be filing suit against those who release the video yesterday for violation of a non-disclosure agreement. After 3 blocks of low income housing were accidentally destroyed in Puyallup over the weekend, the neighborhood has been over taken by the gangs who vow to protect the area from corporate greed. Gubernatorial hopeful Kenneth Brackhaven is recovering in secure location after 6 ghouls somehow found their way into his downtown high rise penthouse.

lawful_evil
2008-10-27, 05:28 PM
Later that night at Sabrina and Sinkalip's apartment....

dauphinous
2008-10-27, 06:43 PM
Sabrina

Sabrina calls Felix and Damien to find out if they're available now that they have new toys. And sets up an 'appointment' for them to visit the Doc and take care of his collections problem on the first night they can all four meet up for that.

Zaranthan
2008-10-27, 08:48 PM
Felix

The burned-out dreamchip in Felix's datajack was starting to smell, and the static playing over his senses was almost thick enough to block out all of reality. But not thick enough, as his commlink's insistent wailing eventually rouses him from unconciousness. Ugh. How many times do I have to tell you? Don't drink and chip. Now you get to look forward to another hour of cleaning the melted silicon out of your skull. He grabs the chintzy link off of his nightstand, activating the loudspeaker rather than trying to patch his AR relays back together under the hangover. "A job, huh? Lemme just get cleaned up and I'll be right over." An arm flails at the link, managing to swat the line shut and the link onto the floor with the same uncoordinated motion. Good thing he splurged on those ugly rubber pads.

He staggers into the bathroom, and checks himself out in the full-length mirror behind the door. No horns, no tusks, round ears, long legs. Looks like we're okay for another day.

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-28, 12:10 PM
When the call came, Damien was still testing out his arm's new functions. It was certainly easier to move now. Like it fit together better, somehow. And the compartment inside was just large enough to fit his Predator. He leaned over and hit his commlink to make it stop beeping, and little images flashed over his contacts.

Hey Sabrina, what's up? Pause. Yeah, I'm good to go whenever. Felix and I finished setting up all my new friends, and I've got my arm back now. When and where do you want me to show up?

After the answer was given, he relaxed on his couch and grinned to himself. There was still plenty of time for a few quick rounds of Deathmatch Alpha online...

lawful_evil
2008-10-29, 07:58 PM
The Doc is willing to meet the team again tonight. Now that his Ghoulish problem has been resolved, he doesn't stay at the 'office' quite as late as he once did. Thus, he is willing to meet at 8pm.

Santanya
2008-10-30, 10:14 AM
Sinkalip sits, alright, lays on the couch, legs stretched out as he watches whatever it was that he managed to get to actually show on the trid. Not nearly enough mischief in it for his tastes, and the damnable roadrunner would be roasted by now if he was the protagonist...

He ***** his head and looks over to Sabrina. "Ready to go when you are," he says. His coat was lain over the back of the couch within easy reach.

dauphinous
2008-10-30, 10:46 AM
Sabrina

The hardest part about not working for Annika anymore has definitely been adjusting to the schedule. Or, more accurately, the lack thereof. Sabrina, having imposed a schedule on herself to get things done, has foudn that the kinds of people who are active in the kinds of areas she's trying to be involved in tend to be active at night. Over the past few weeks, she has slwoly shifted her sleep schedule so she's getting up later than she has at any point in her life. At least for any length of time.

She rolls out of bed around noon these days. Eight o'clock at night is, therefore, no big deal. By the time Damien arrives to pick the pair of them up, she has tucked her shiny new gun - though it's been fired several times at her new favorite gun range - into the pocket of her armor jacket, with the taser in the other pocket. It could still be useful.

She's also got her medkit in a bag along with extra ammo and a few other incidentals, like a flashlight, duct tape, and her squirtgun. This gets slung over one shoulder, and she is perfectly happy to just meet Damien and Felix outside.

"This is me being ready." She picks up the remote and clicks off the trid so it doesn't start blasting Japanese infomercials about power juicers. Then she tosses it onto the couch and heads outside to get picked up.

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-31, 04:57 PM
Hey guys. What's up? Damien leans out the window of a van that looks rather different from the other one. This one is painted a flat green, in the sort of dull unassuming colour used for storage crates. It's the same van, of course, but at least it's not easy to tell that.

All my shiny new toys are in the back, he adds as they, presumably, climb in. Thanks for getting all that stuff for me, Sabrina.

Santanya
2008-10-31, 05:15 PM
Sinkalip

"Bah, now I'll never know if he gets dinner," he says as he grabs his coat and slips it and flicks his hair out over its back in one motion, following Sabrina out. He grabs the long and thin case next to the door on the way out, slinging it over his shoulder.

He waves to Damien as they walk out to the van. "Nice," he says as he slips into the back. "Wouldn't recognize it, or drive it, but mostly recognize it," he says, grinning slightly.

dauphinous
2008-10-31, 05:53 PM
Sabrina

"Yeah, like your team ever wins," Sabrina smirks and shakes her head as she walks out with Sinkalip.

"No problem, Damien." She climbs into the van and settles into a seat. "So, I have a plan tonight. For this evening's adventure, I am not taking my shirt off. Or my pants, or even my shoes without a damn good reason." She points out the front window, despite the lack of any need or reason so. "To the Doc's, good sir."

Zaranthan
2008-10-31, 09:37 PM
Felix

Felix frowns as Sabrina announces her plan. "Aww, there goes my entire evening! I'm not going anywhere without a show. Hey, Damien, lift up your shirt."

Destro_Yersul
2008-11-01, 01:54 AM
Sin, if you drove it it'd probably blow up. Damien grins and pulls away from the curb. Sorry Felix, no can do. Last I checked I lacked the parts required to pull that off without getting funny looks.

dauphinous
2008-11-01, 07:41 AM
Sabrina

"Well, gosh, if I knew you cared, I might have made a different plan," she rolls her eyes with her sarcastic delivery. "Can't you pick up enough porn on your 'link?"

lawful_evil
2008-11-01, 07:42 AM
To the Docs...

Vrockenhimer's Medical Supply Company,
1872 Spring Street, Renton.
Distance (LOS 19.4 km, Estimated Driving Distance: 23km, Estimated Travel Time: 19 minutes)

Damien follows the same route as last time. This time it isn't nearly as exciting. No explosions on the 515 or massive accidents or anything to get the heart pounding at all.

Damien parks across the street. This time the lights in the Doc's store front are on and he is sitting inside manipulating his commlink in some way.

Zaranthan
2008-11-02, 03:58 PM
Felix

"So, this is the place, huh? Nice part of town." Felix hops out of the van and takes in his surroundings.

{{Firing up the eyes & ears.}}

Santanya
2008-11-04, 10:33 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip chuckles softly, then stays quiet most of the ride. "Shall we?" he says as they pull up and are able to see the Doc through the window.

dauphinous
2008-11-04, 10:47 AM
Sabrina

"Yes, we shall." Sabrina opens the door and hops out, walking over without waiting for the others. She knocks on the window and smiles and waves to the Doc, then heads for the door.

Destro_Yersul
2008-11-04, 12:48 PM
Yeah. Let's see who he wants money from. Hope it's no-one I know. Damien follows Sabrina, locking the van behind them.

lawful_evil
2008-11-04, 07:39 PM
The neighborhood is clearly a commercial business district. Some of the buildings still have lights on at 8pm, but most are already dark as the long shadows of the dimming light stretch out between the buildings. Few cars travel the roads of this neighborhood at this time and those that do, don't stop except for the occasional traffic light.

As the foursome approach the front of the medical supply business, the Doctor points his commlink at the front door and an audible click is heard as the door latch is released.

Dr. Vrock has a bit more color in his skin than he did the last time the group came by his office. He is certainly more relaxed and less psychotic.

dauphinous
2008-11-04, 07:52 PM
Sabrina

"Hey, Vrock." Sabrina walks in and over to where Vrock is sitting with a cheerful smile, thumbs hooked in the belt loops of her jeans. "Sorry we had to make you wait. But, we're here now. You were looking for help with collections?"

lawful_evil
2008-11-05, 08:01 PM
Vrock smiles an evil smile and taps his finger tips together as if to say, 'excellent'. He then says, "Yes." He taps out something on his commlink and says, "I've transferred you the information I have on three of my delinquent accounts. How about if we say... you can keep 10% of anything you manage to collect."

He sits down on the edge of the desk and adds, "I've got a couple more if you make some progress on those first three."

dauphinous
2008-11-07, 08:41 PM
Sabrina

Looking over the data she's just been sent, Sabrina flicks her eyes up at Vrock, then back to her commlink. Unless they work fast, with minimal problems, the payout probably won't cover their expenses for the first one. All three combined, though, probably would. Assuming they could get anything near the full amounts, which isn't assured. Still, she's known Vrock for a while now, and would rather make him a happy person than piss him off.

"I don't think 10 percent will cover our expenses. Can we get you to throw in some gratis medical care? I don't mean free implants or anything, just helping us out if we get hurt out there. You know, pulling out bullets, fixing up knife wounds, that sort of thing. Say, two visits per person, no time limit?"

lawful_evil
2008-11-07, 09:08 PM
Dr. Vrock raises an eyebrow... won't cover expenses... how much is fuel and commlink service nowadays? Anyway, her suggestion is cheap... two emergency treatments per person is just about enough to drain a medkit... which costs about 50 nuyen to recharge... so not too bad.

The doctor nods and says, "Done. But, if you end up in a coma or something, you can't stay here... really no long term care. Emergency care... fine, but you rest and recover at home."

Zaranthan
2008-11-07, 10:09 PM
Felix

Felix stops playing with the AR merchandise and addresses the doctor. "Sounds like a good deal to me. Is there anything more you can tell us about these people? Where they live, what they do, how many bladed cyberlimbs they have?"

Destro_Yersul
2008-11-08, 04:46 AM
Might be nice to know. I'd prefer to keep myself in one piece, free medical care notwithstanding.

lawful_evil
2008-11-08, 07:22 AM
The doctor makes a sort of inclusive hand gesture and says, "Well, I'm not really supposed to reveal any medical information. You should be careful... regardless of who might have implants. Anyway, I don't want them injured or killed. I just want what is owed to me."

He taps a bit on his commlink and says, "I've got what they said their address was... but the sort of people who use street docs aren't generally the sort to leave a valid address... especially if they didn't intend to pay."

#1 Dennis Westlake
219 Fourth Avenue North Seattle (Downtown)
19,352 nuyen owed

#2 Ellen LaCroix
32 First street, Bellevue
56,552 nuyen owed

#3 Xu Yuliang
555 West 55th Street Apt 5, Puyallup
134,285 nuyen owed

dauphinous
2008-11-08, 09:56 AM
Sabrina

Smiling now, Sabrina nods. "Alright. We'll see what we can get for you. You'll hear from me as soon as we have anything for you." She nods once and seems to be ready to leave. "Oh," she turns back, "can you tell us their metatypes, at least? Age, maybe? General physical descriptions?"

lawful_evil
2008-11-08, 04:59 PM
The doctor shrugs and says, "Can't hurt." He sends over a head shot type photo of each of the three. Dennis is male dwarf, dark brown hair with a couple streaks of grey, kind of chubby face. Ellen is quite attractive, light brown hair, vibrant blue eyes, perfect teeth, couple freckles on each cheek, Human. She's got a bit of blood matted on the side of her head in the photo and appears to be in her early 20s. Finally, there is Xu. He..well, she maybe, is clearly of asian descent. Xu is either an effeminate man or a fairly butch woman. In the photo, Xu is wearing a black suit jacket and fashionable tie. Xu is also human, perhaps 28 years old.

dauphinous
2008-11-09, 03:26 PM
Sabrina

"Alright, thanks." Sabrina nods once in satisfaction and leaves, ready to get cracking on the information. Not that she's the one who will be doing any of that cracking. She passes on what the Doc sent to Damein and Felix on the way out. "He's probably right. If those are real addresses, I'll be surprised. Falls to you guys to find where they really are."

Destro_Yersul
2008-11-09, 05:35 PM
Awesome. Shall we? Damien gestures to the van. Course, we may as well look up on those addresses to see who lives there first. Maybe we'll get lucky and have one less person to find.

Zaranthan
2008-11-09, 09:16 PM
Felix

"One step ahead of you, folks. The world is at my fingertips." Felix gets in the van, his eyes focused on the horizon as his fingers tap invisible buttons in the air in front of him.

Data Search 4 + Browse 5 = 9 dice, which buy 2 hits per roll. Searching the entire matrix takes 1 minute per test. Starting with the one with the closest given address, I'll give each person 5 minutes, searching by their names to see what turns up. For now, I'm hoping to confirm their addresses and possibly some employment-related information. Anything else I can find with 10 hits is (warmly welcomed) gravy.

Santanya
2008-11-10, 11:06 AM
Sinkalip watches the meeting with interest, but, perhaps for once, remains quiet. All of the shiny equipment was of more interest of course. He does his best to keep prying fingers from things, but lacking the control passwords, or the desire to interface with his commlink to it, he stays out of trouble.

He nods to the doc as they leave, whistling happily to himself. "Sounds like a fun job, if we can find them."

lawful_evil
2008-11-10, 09:13 PM
Felix searches away for a while as everyone vacates the building and heads over the van. The sky glows orangish red in the late evening light.

{{ Where to? Sit and wait for Felix? }}

After 5 minute or so...
Stats :
Dennis Westlake, Dwarf, male, age 52.
Registered address :
219 Fourth Avenue North Seattle (Downtown)

You locate a public security camera which has public access to steer it at that location. You pan around and get a good view of the exterior of the building(from the camera's point of view).
Photo of the location (http://www.davestravelcorner.com/photos/unitedstates/washington/Seattle-Space-Needle.jpg)

Employment :
Kindergarten Teacher (last 12 years)
Layfeyette Elementary School - Caters to Ork and Troll children.
95 Yetes Ave Puyallup

... Still digging...

Zaranthan
2008-11-11, 12:46 AM
Felix

Felix relays the camera feed to the van. "Well, I found Mr. Westlake's humble abode. Place is a dump, I don't think he's gonna have a penny to hand over."

Destro_Yersul
2008-11-11, 01:37 AM
Well, we have to get something. Let's see if we can find him.

dauphinous
2008-11-11, 08:06 AM
Sabrina

Sabrina snorts. "Yeah, sure. If that's his real address, I'll eat my shirt." She shakes her head. "Okay, if he's really a teacher, why is he going to a street doc to get some 'ware on the QT? I'm thinking you're picking up his fake ID, Felix. But, can't hurt to check it out, I guess. Can you access the school's employee records from the outside?"

Zaranthan
2008-11-11, 04:19 PM
Felix

"Of course not, those records are private and accessing them would be illegal." Felix flips a virtual control, spoofing his access ID. "There we go. Now I can get them." He balances himself in the seat, closes his eyes, and leaves his body behind.

Spoofing my ID: 2 hits (http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=6527)

Going cold VR to find the school's node. Same old 2 hits per minute.

dauphinous
2008-11-11, 09:08 PM
Sabrina

Giving a snort, Sabrina turns to Damien. "Damien, where did you find this loser, anyway? I mean prior to the Starbucks. He's kind of cute in a smartass sort of way."

Destro_Yersul
2008-11-12, 03:14 PM
College. We had a few classes together. Neither of us was the type to play sports or go outside much, so we hung around in the computer lab a lot.

lawful_evil
2008-11-13, 06:57 AM
Felix locates the school's node. The main site indicates that today is Monday June 23rd and that school is out for the summer.

The site is setup to appear to be the school. So, you'd go inside to login. You'd then want to find the main office to locate employment information or perhaps find his classroom or maybe something else... hard to guess.

The VR school appears to be an old-style brick school building with a wide walkway to the front steps and front door. The building looks to be a wide two-story building.

Zaranthan
2008-11-13, 09:46 AM
Felix

Felix gazes about the virtual landscape for a moment. Time to get to work. He pulls his glasses out of his pocket, puts them on, drapes a holocaust cloak over himself, and a gnome appears on his shoulder, whispering in his ear.

Going hot and loading up my Analyze (glasses), Stealth (cloak), and Reality Filter (gnome) programs. Rolling an opposed test of Reality Filter [5] + Response [5] + Hot Sim [2] for a total of 12 dice vs. the node's System + Response to overlay my own metaphor onto the node.

Reality Filter + Response: 12D6.SR4() = [6, 6, 2, 5, 2, 3, 1, 3, 5, 3, 5, 5] = 6 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6536)

If my filter wins, I get +1 response while I'm here, and everything gets a little icon indicating what it actually represents (if it's obvious, things that need analyzing still do, of course). If my filter loses or ties, though, my response drops by 1.

lawful_evil
2008-11-14, 07:05 PM
Matrix Stuff

You see a bulletin board out in front of the school with notices and posting relevant to the school. Mostly pointless crap... reminders about the dress code, school vacation schedule, lunch menu, commcode numbers for the administrator, disclosures regarding the fee schedule for activities, etc

Without a proper account, you can not access the school computer(go inside). When you try, you find the door is locked. You can do a slow access (see Probing the Target pp221) or a fast hack(To hack on the fly, you spend a Complex Action and make a Hacking + Exploit (Firewall, 1 Initiative Pass) Extended Test. This will get you personal account access; if you want security level access, increase the threshold by +3, or +6 for admin access.)

Reality Filter won't work/happen/help until you get inside.

Damien heads downtown towards the space needle.

Zaranthan
2008-11-14, 07:53 PM
Felix

The gnome quietly whispers, "remember, thou art mortal." Felix walks up to the doors, produces a lockpick, and starts picking. The pick snaps in the lock. Slot it. Lemme try that again. He changes access IDs and tries again.

I'm on a roll with this garbage. Loading up Exploit for a quick hack and a standard account, if I need to probe I'll do it when people aren't driving around waiting for me.

Hacking + Exploit + Hot Sim vs. School: 9D6.SR4() = [5, 2, 4, 2, 3, 4, 4, 3, 2] = 1
(http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6541)
1 hit? Not worth the risk. Starting over so the Firewall has to.

Hacking + Spoof + Hot Sim vs. Access ID: 9D6.SR4() = [5, 4, 6, 6, 1, 1, 5, 1, 4] = 4
(http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6544)
Hacking + Exploit + Hot Sim vs. School: 9D6.SR4() = [3, 2, 6, 4, 3, 2, 2, 4, 5] = 2
(http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6542)
2 hits is better.

Hacking + Exploit + Hot Sim vs. School: 9D6.SR4() = [3, 6, 4, 3, 6, 3, 1, 3, 1] = 2
(http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6543)
Then 2 more if need be. I'll wait to see if I trigger an alert before going for three.

lawful_evil
2008-11-15, 11:09 AM
Matrix Stuff

Meta Game Alert!
So... you don't IC know how many hits you do or don't get.. thus you wouldn't really know to jack out and back in(which would still require some actions giving the system time to go into alert/send IC after you/etc.

So... I'm disallowing it.

So, you hack in getting 1 hit on the first and 2 on the second try and are into the system. (ie the school's Firewall rating is 2 or 3)

Hacking Response :

[roll0] vs. Attempt #1
[roll1] vs. Attempt #2
Need 5 hits total to detect you...

Felix walks in and flashes his ID to the security guard. The guard says, "Welcome Mr. Sneaky McAlias. Have a nice day."

Zaranthan
2008-11-15, 03:52 PM
Felix

Felix brushes by the guard with a guffaw. Sneaky McAlias, eh? That's what I get for using off-the-shelf code. Now, where are you, ya leprechaun? He pauses in the lobby and takes in his surroundings.

So, no jacking out until the node does something to tip me off? Fair enough. I reserve the right to be paranoid about the node's alert being silent. :P

I'll start by looking for a faculty contact list, which might be available to parents. If not, I'll be looking for some kind of database. Would that be Matrix Perception or a Data Search? (11 dice either way, but loading Browse will cost an action.)

lawful_evil
2008-11-15, 09:42 PM
Matrix Stuff :

After looking around a bit Felix finds a number of doorways to other nodes off the main entrance hallway. After loading Browse, he kicks off a data search for faculty lists. His search doesn't reveal a full list, as that information is probably stored in another node(the office?), it does reveal a node named after your target Dennis Westlake.

Zaranthan
2008-11-15, 10:35 PM
Felix

Felix pads down the hallway, stopping in front of the door marked "Dennis Westlake." Ah, so you DO exist, eh stumpy? Let's see if there's any chocolate under your candy shell.

Hopefully the node will be slaved to this one, and I'll get a node account through my access to the main node. If not...

Hacking + Exploit + Hot Sim vs. Dennis Westlake's node:
9D6.SR4() = [6, 6, 5, 6, 1, 6, 4, 3, 4] = 5
9D6.SR4() = [6, 1, 4, 5, 4, 1, 4, 2, 2] = 2 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6550)

Hopefully that first test should be plenty.

lawful_evil
2008-11-16, 07:10 AM
Felix finds the sub-node slaved to the main school computer and requires no additional hacking to enter.

Zaranthan
2008-11-16, 11:57 AM
Felix

Felix starts quickly flipping through the AROs inside Westlake's office.

Looking for any sort of identifying information. An address, a commcode, even a P.O. box would at least be another bread crumb.

Also, does he have any photos on record in here? A little verification would go a long way.

lawful_evil
2008-11-16, 04:59 PM
Matrix

Felix wanders around Dennis Westlake's office looking for details about the man. Felix fires up a data search in the node for the man's address. After several minutes of searching, he has failed to come up with a personal address. Everything in this office which refers to Mr. Westlake refers to him at the school's address.

Altering his search parameters to look for the commlink code, Felix finds that information quite quickly as it acts as the user id for all the files.

Moving on from there... PO box... After another 10 minutes of searching.. no PO box or personal information at all. This node really does seem to be work related.

Moving on to photos... you find an image of him at he school sports day. He is posed with a group of Troll kindergartners(who are quite a bit taller than he) as he seems to be a dwarf. He's got a matching uniform to the team. Perhaps he's the coach.

Zaranthan
2008-11-16, 10:37 PM
Felix

Well, better than nothing, I suppose. Felix pauses to relay the information he's found to the rest of the team. [[Well, it seems to be a legit ID. Here's his commcode and a matching picture, but no address. Maybe some social engineering might get us closer?]]

He tears back into the AROs, looking for the access logs.

While I've done nothing illegal besides initially breaking in, who knows if the school's spider is as paranoid as I am? I want to clear the logs of my invasive searching, making it look like I just came in for the commcode. Seems like something a concerned parent might do.

Another Data Search to find the logs, but editing them will probably be Hacking + Edit, since I doubt a standard account has those privileges.

On a vaguely related note, that was some pretty intense searching. The interval is 1 minute to search the entire Matrix, searching only one node gives you a roll every initiative pass. 6,000 hits is a little too paranoid, even for me.

Santanya
2008-11-17, 11:16 AM
Sinkalip just leans back and listens to the others, looking slightly bored. As Felix does his matrix things, he looks thoughtful, but stays where he is and behaves. At the news of what Felix finds, he chuckles softly. Yes, comm codes and a picture in the fun little thing that liked to blare static into his ear when he uses it. He does his best to nod appreciatively, and mostly succeeds...

lawful_evil
2008-11-17, 07:01 PM
Matrix

Sorry.. wasn't sure how sure you wanted to be... and I forgot to find the interval in the book, but I figured 10 minutes wasn't all that long. Honestly, you don't find anything new in the last 8 minute of it... so you can chop that part out.

Edit the logs. Check. Mr. Sneaky McAlias was never logged on or accessed anything or even heard of.

Felix walks back out of the school casually erasing his entry in the guestbook on his way out the door.

Zaranthan
2008-11-17, 11:23 PM
Felix

Felix sets a macro to remove his logout log, and itself, and then returns to reality. "Well, that was unexpectedly productive. I guess he figured the good doctor wouldn't bother tracking him down at all. Did I miss anything interesting out here?"

dauphinous
2008-11-18, 07:46 AM
Sabrina

"I gave Damien a lap dance and Sin did some spectacular graffiti on a Stuffer Shack," Sabrina deadpans. "Can you do a lookup on the commcode or do I need to call him and get his address?"

Zaranthan
2008-11-18, 08:04 PM
Felix

"Depends on who his MSP is, but it's worth a shot."

{{The usual 2 hits per minute search for anything connected to his commcode.}}

lawful_evil
2008-11-19, 05:26 PM
{{ Felix found the information in the school's records...
Altering his search parameters to look for the commlink code, Felix finds that information quite quickly as it acts as the user id for all the files. }}

Searching the whole Matrix, Felix finds 87 Dennis Westlakes. Five of which are registered in the greater Seattle area.

Zaranthan
2008-11-22, 03:28 PM
Felix

"Oh, boy. Be right back, I've got some bread crumbs to follow." Felix sinks back into VR.

I'm beginning to understand why many tables handwave the matrix. This is getting to be a tedious one-man show. Guess I'll hack back into the school and look for the HR node.

Hacking + Exploit + Hot Sim vs. School, again.:
9D6.SR4() = [3, 1, 4, 2, 4, 2, 1, 5, 1] = 1
9D6.SR4() = [5, 1, 4, 2, 2, 1, 5, 1, 2] = 2
9D6.SR4() = [3, 1, 5, 3, 6, 3, 3, 4, 3] = 2
(http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6556)

lawful_evil
2008-11-23, 07:28 AM
Matrix Stuff

[roll0]
[roll1]

Need 5 hits again(assuming you loaded the same programs(although you failed to indicate which ones you now have)).

The security guard nods and lets you in, noting your name(Sneaky McAlias) in the logs.

Time for a Data Search(for the HR dept). You only need a couple hits and not to glitch, so you can just buy those hits. The HR dept is off the main hallway that Dennis Westlake's office was on.

The sign on the door to the HR dept says 'Authorized Personnel Only'... so you'll have to hack into there if you want to get in.

Zaranthan
2008-11-23, 11:22 AM
Felix

Matrix stuff
Actually, the system only needs 3 hits. My hacking programs are only rating 3, the common use (aka legal) ones are rating 6 (capped to 5 by my System, which is capped by my Response, which I still haven't bothered boosting).

Hacking + Exploit + Hot Sim vs. HR Node:
9D6.SR4() = [4, 1, 2, 6, 4, 6, 4, 5, 3] = 3
9D6.SR4() = [2, 5, 6, 2, 5, 2, 1, 3, 1] = 3
9D6.SR4() = [5, 6, 6, 5, 1, 1, 3, 2, 6] = 5 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6557)

To save time, I'll toss up a combat turn's worth of Data Search rolls for Westlake's info:
Data Search + Browse + Hot Sim vs. HR Node (Dennis Westlake):
11D6.SR4() = [5, 1, 1, 4, 6, 2, 5, 1, 6, 5, 3] = 5
11D6.SR4() = [6, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 1, 2, 2, 3] = 2
11D6.SR4() = [1, 4, 5, 3, 4, 3, 3, 4, 1, 2, 4] = 1 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6558)

lawful_evil
2008-11-23, 05:11 PM
Matrix Stuff

It'll take Felix 3 rounds to get enough hits to access this node, he needs the special account (+3) to get in here.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Need 3 hits total and I got 4 on the first roll... So.. node notices... :smalleek:

Alert Node : So.. my Firewall jumps from 3 to 7! Ha!

When Sneaky McAlias finally gets the door open and inside a security guard checks him out and then leaves the node(heading out into the hallway). The school principal, or someone who looks at lot like him arrives with a big wooden paddle and moves to paddle Mr. McAlias.

Principal Initiative : 4+3(hits) = 7
Sneaky : 11+4(hits) = 15

Sneaky starts turning the office inside out looking for Dennis Westlake's address. Strangely enough, he comes across it in the first folder he checks. It shows the same address that the team was given(The Space Needle). The principal swings at Sneaky with his paddle, but Felix manages to avoid it.

Principal : 1 hit
Felix(resp+firewall) : 1 hit

Really need a full list of what programs you have loaded... I've seen you use these :
Exploit
Browse
Stealth
Spoof

You have 2 actions left in this round. Not sure if you want to fight/log out/scrub the logs/keep searching(with pre-posted results), etc.

Note : I don't see your illegal/hacking programs written on your sheet...

Zaranthan
2008-11-23, 09:24 PM
Felix

Felix yelps and leaps away from the paddle. I KNEW it! I knew they were on to me! He quickly stuffs the folder back into the drawer and pulls the plug.

Character sheet updated. Current program loadout is what I needed last time: Stealth, Exploit, Browse, Edit, Spoof. Of course, I'm currently regretting having all that up, because it would take three IPs to close Browse and Spoof, and load Armor and Attack. By then, things could be a lot hairier. I'll just erase the log of my search and file access, then jack out.

Hacking/Computer + Edit vs. access logs: 11D6.SR4() = [4, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 6, 1, 2, 4, 5] = 3 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6563) hits will just have to be good enough.

lawful_evil
2008-11-24, 08:20 AM
Matrix Stuff

Couple Issues :
1. (pp 212-213) You have 5 programs loaded, so your Response is now 4. Your System is limited to your Response, so it is now 4. All programs are limited to your System, so your Firewall is also a 4 now.
2. You need to find the security logs before you can access them.. so I'll toss in a Data Search(from your previous set of rolls) to locate it.

So..

Pass 2
Felix locates HR security logs
[roll0]Principal does a smackdown(Base DV 2)
[roll1]Felix dodges (reduces net hits from 3 to 0) Fully dodges(see oops)
[roll2]Felix resists any undodged damage(none)

Pass 3
Felix edits HR security logs
[roll3]Principal does a smackdown(Base DV 2)
[roll4]Felix dodges
[roll5]Felix resists any undodged damage.

Round 2
Felix logs out
Finds and edits school level security logs and logs out

lawful_evil
2008-11-24, 08:23 AM
Oops

Supposed to have 2 more dice on those dodge(response + firewall) = 8(not 6)
[roll0]

[roll1]

Zaranthan
2008-11-24, 04:53 PM
Felix

Felix changes his access ID yet again, then returns to the analog world. "Well, that was fruitless. The school's got him living at the Needle, too. Good fake ID. I've got more bread crumbs, but if anyone else has a good idea, I'm all ears."

I'm going to follow up on those five phonebook hits to see what I can come up with.

Data Search + Browse vs. the five Seattle Westlakes:
9D6.SR4() = [4, 5, 4, 1, 3, 3, 6, 1, 5] = 3
9D6.SR4() = [4, 3, 6, 4, 6, 4, 5, 3, 1] = 3
9D6.SR4() = [5, 3, 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 2, 3] = 3
9D6.SR4() = [4, 3, 4, 3, 6, 2, 6, 1, 5] = 3
9D6.SR4() = [2, 6, 5, 1, 4, 2, 6, 2, 2] = 3 (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6567)

lawful_evil
2008-11-25, 07:26 AM
Felix easily locates the commlink codes for the 5 Dennis Westlakes in the greater Seattle area.

17-9364-136-438285-2841
17-2924-158-003914-3962
17-1123-001-194729-0024
17-0192-917-946294-1572
17-2857-582-553758-9688

Destro_Yersul
2008-11-30, 08:48 AM
You found anything yet, or are we just gonna go hang out at the space needle for a bit? Damien continues his driving, not particularly worried about the answer. No-one was shooting at him, and he had a bunch of shiny new toys in the back of his van. It was a good day.

Santanya
2008-12-04, 03:26 PM
Sinkalip looks boredly out the window. He knew that the techno side of things was important, but he needed more in life to interest him than a few blinking lights. "Well, we could check out the address that we have," he suggests with a shrug. "Until you get a better bead on where he might be found."

Destro_Yersul
2008-12-10, 12:17 AM
May as well. The guy could actually live there. Damien laughs as if this is highly unlikely. Not like we got any other leads.

lawful_evil
2008-12-10, 09:05 PM
Damien drives on towards the so called Space Needle. It takes another 15-20 minutes even with the light traffic at this hour of the night. Felix works the whole way(on something?).

Santanya
2008-12-16, 10:47 AM
Sinkalip

Sinkalip peers out the window as they near the needle. "You know, it still amazes me that thing is still standing after all this time, you know that?" he comments, more or less pushing Sabrina to get out. He stuffs his hands into his jacket pockets as he finally gets out of the vehicle, leaning back to peer upward at the structure.

lawful_evil
2008-12-16, 01:20 PM
{{ Zaranthan seems gone... last on more than 2 weeks ago...}}

Felix says, "The commlink id for Dennis matches the photo the doc gave us. This might be a cover address.. but maybe he lives here. I've never been inside... maybe they closed the restaurant and converted it to living space? Maybe he works here nights and uses it as a postal address?"

Damien pulls up near the base of the space needle. It towers overhead and over all the local businesses providing what used to be an unparalleled view of Seattle. There is a public parking lot near the tourist and restaurant guest entrance(2 nuyen per hour parking).

dauphinous
2008-12-16, 02:02 PM
Sabrina

Letting herself get herded out of the van, Sabrina looks up at the needle, then back down at the surrounding area. "Well, at least we know what he looks like. That's a start. We could take a ride up in the Needle and see what there is to see up there."

Destro_Yersul
2008-12-16, 11:03 PM
Yeah. For all it's size, there's not a lot of space to hide inside it. Damien parks the van, feeding the meter his fake ID number. That'll take care of payment, at least.

lawful_evil
2008-12-19, 12:31 PM
The parking lot and buildings at the base of the needle are old and quite shabby. The neighborhood, which was once bright and cheery and full of hope is now dark and run down. Strange mists rise from numerous sewer grates and vents in the area giving the area a very strange smell(sort of raw sewage mixed with popcorn and BBQ).

The pedestrian traffic in the area is sparse Those walking keep their heads down and walk briskly. Two teenagers stand on the corner at the end of the block leering at passing cars.

Although the actual signage for the space needle has been plastered over with posters and spray painted with several orange and black symbols. Felix reports that there is still an AR sign for the restaurant and tourist deck. Just inside the main door is a metal detector. The lobby looks empty although a small information desk sits in front of the elevator.

lawful_evil
2008-12-23, 03:23 PM
Felix says, "Well, school is out for the day. Might as well see if he's home." He peers up at the needle and then looks around at the neighborhood before saying, "Maybe we can bribe some information out of the locals?"

Destro_Yersul
2008-12-26, 06:33 AM
It's worth a shot. Might head up to the restaurant and start there. Where do you guys want to ask?

dauphinous
2008-12-26, 09:14 AM
Sabrina

Craning her neck, then leaning back a little bit, Sabrina looks all the way up at the top parts of the Needle. "Let's just take the ride up and see what's up there these days. I've never actually been."

lawful_evil
2008-12-28, 07:28 AM
Felix shrugs and says, "I'm sure Sabrina can come up with a way to phrase the question better than I can." With that, he walks into the small building at the base of the needle and heads over to the elevation, pushing the button.

The elevator doors immediately open. Inside are 4 buttons. Ground, Restaurant, Service, and Office. The Office level seems activated via a mechanical key.

dauphinous
2008-12-28, 07:58 AM
Sabrina

Surveying the buttons, Sabrina pushes the one for the restaurant. She waits for the doors to close with everyone inside, then looks from Felix to Damien. "Can one of you guys get us into the office?"

lawful_evil
2008-12-28, 11:31 AM
Felix looks at the key lock and says, "If you can get us to that floor, I might be able to get the office door open. Beyond that, I'd have to rip open this panel and try to hot wire it to that floor. It'd be a mess. Cheap Fraggers, why would they buy a lock like this... when was this place built anyway?"

Santanya
2008-12-30, 10:41 AM
"In better times," Sinkalip says with a grin. He tilts his head slightly, looking to the lock curiously. "I wonder," he says curiously.

Destro_Yersul
2009-01-02, 05:35 AM
This? Frag, back before the Matrix, at least. Dunno how much of it's been upgraded recently. I got some wires and stuff in the van though, if anyone wants to have a go at picking the thing.

That last bit assumes this is the sort of lock that can be picked.

lawful_evil
2009-01-04, 08:34 AM
Felix looks around the elevator and says, "I can try... although, I think that box might be a camera. Not sure if it still works, but I doubt we want to be filmed picking the lock." Felix then says, "I didn't get the impression this guy ran the place... why do we expect to find him in the office? More people work in the rest of the restaurant, maybe we should check there first."

dauphinous
2009-01-04, 11:46 AM
Sabrina

With a light shrug, Sabrina leans against the wall, waiting for the elevator to reach the restaurant. "Just asking. Never hurts to know what our options are."

lawful_evil
2009-01-05, 05:05 PM
The elevator doors open snagging slightly just before they are fully open. The air is fully of scents of really food. Only a couple tables are directly between the elevator door and the view as most of the tables are to the left and right along the circumference. All of the tables immediately around the entrance are vacant at this time of night.

An elf with slicked back dark(almost greasy) hair and a pencil tip black mustache stands before you in a traditional black and white tuxedo. He offers a polite but constrained smile and says, "Bonjour monsieur et bienvenue. Avez-vous une réservation?"

dauphinous
2009-01-06, 02:34 PM
Sabrina

"Hi," Sabrina smiles in a friendly sort of way. "We were supposed to meet someone here, but we're not really sure in which part of the Needle." She gives the man a general description of Mr. Westlake. "If there's a reservation, it'd be under his name, Westlake."

lawful_evil
2009-01-06, 07:49 PM
The host checks a small display set into a pedestal near him and says, "Oui Madame. Désolé, je ne vois pas monsieur Westlake. Quand l'avez-vous attendu? Est-il arrivé avec un autre invité?" The host looks at Sabrina expecting an answer.

dauphinous
2009-01-07, 06:56 AM
Sabrina

Resisting the impulse to be a snot and speak to this guy in some other language he might not know, Sabrina smiles pleasantly. "Sorry, I don't speak French."

lawful_evil
2009-01-07, 06:15 PM
Felix shrugs and says, "Sorry, I only speak 8 languages... French ain't one of them."

The host gets an exasperated expression, straightens his bow tie and says, "Pardon? Jew vant mee to speek yur languidge?" The man sighs like its the worst thing in the world and says, "Ve do not ave a Vestlake. Is ee perhaps width anothour guest?"

dauphinous
2009-01-07, 07:30 PM
Sabrina

Yeah, that's a real wrench, having to speak English in the UCAS. "I'm not sure. Would it be alright if I just took a quick look to see if he's here?" Sabrina keeps up her friendly smile.

lawful_evil
2009-01-08, 07:12 AM
The host looks over the team and says in his sexy french accent, "Vat? Looking like dis? You arh not dressed appropriiately foe dis. No zachet. No tie. And jew mademoiselle... ave jew no pride? Jew may wait outside for im to inish is fine dining experience."

dauphinous
2009-01-09, 09:43 AM
Sabrina

She sighs. "Isn't there an observation deck up here someplace? I always thought there was one." She is about ready to go. If they guy didn't recognize him from either his name or the description she gave, then he probably didn't work there, which meant this was really a dead end, anyway.

lawful_evil
2009-01-09, 05:08 PM
The host raises and eyebrow and says, "Ah, a istory buff, no? Ze observaation deck zas turned to office space several decades ago. More economical, no?"

Santanya
2009-01-09, 05:44 PM
Sinkalip raises his eyebrow slightly, cocking his head back and forth at the talking. He shrugs slightly and steps back into the elevator as he waits for the others, leaning against the side of the elevator out of view.

And promptly casts Shape Change on himself, Force level 5. :D 1 Rat please! He of course does his best to do it quietly, and keep his clothing to the side of the elevator out of sight.
Spellcasting: [3, 6, 3, 6, 2, 3, 6, 3, 4, 4, 1] = 3 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6759)
Drain Resist: (5/2)+1=3
Roll: 9D6.SR4() = [5, 1, 5, 1, 5, 1, 2, 1, 3] = 3 hits (http://roll.coyotecode.net/lookup.php?rollid=6759)

dauphinous
2009-01-10, 09:41 AM
Sabrina

She blinks once, then shrugs. "I suppose so. Probably more profitable, anyway. Thanks for your time," she says sweetly. The movement that is Sin's shapechange catches the corner of her eye, and she turns to look, then makes an extreme amount of effort to not roll her eyes.

lawful_evil
2009-01-20, 05:57 PM
Sabrina bids the Frenchmen farewell and he responds "Bonne nuit." Sinkalip and his clothes drop to a heap to the side of the elevator as Sabrina and Felix reboard and the doors close.

Felix hits the button for the ground floor and nudges the now naked hairy rat Sinkalip and asks Sabrina, "Uh.. so, your brother has some issues.. yes? Or does he plan to explore the sewers under this place incognito?"

Santanya
2009-01-21, 11:00 AM
Sinkalip starts towards the elevator doors as the others return and they close. He stops short of getting his nose caught in the door luckily. He sits up on his haunches and puts his little front paws on his hips and lets out a short, squeaky huff. As Felix nudges him, he glares up for a moment.

He then points at Felix, letting out a short squeak, and walks around in a plodding circle, letting out a short squeak with every step. He then points at himself, giving the same short squeak, and walks the same circle, dropping down to all fours and running it lightly and quickly. He then sits back up and nods, letting out a curt, prideful squeak.

dauphinous
2009-01-21, 12:52 PM
Sabrina

Sabrina watches the ratdance, then punches the button to open the doors again. "Go forth," she whispers, "spread your chaos." As the doors open again she looks up at the French-speaking guy. "Oh my gosh, I totally lost my contact lens." She steps out of the elevator and drops to the floor, pretending to search for the object in question, and hopefully giving Sin the opening he needs to slip past her on his way to mayhem.

lawful_evil
2009-01-24, 09:55 AM
Lucky for Sinkalip the elevator was slow to start moving after Felix hit the ground floor button. Sabrina gets the door open again and attempts to fake out the staff by looking for her contact lens.

[roll0] (9d6-2+1)

The greeter nods and motions for her to continue crawling around on her hands and knees. He then takes one of the extendable straps and blocks off the entrance so that no one will accidentally step on the lens.

Santanya
2009-01-26, 12:11 PM
Sinkalip gives a little triumphant squeak as Sabrina reopens the doors, dashing to the side as they do. As the matre'de moves to blocks off the section, Sinkalip dashes out around the corner, making for the closest cover he can see, then moves with short dashes, attempting to get into the restaurant proper to see what he can see before revealing himself.

lawful_evil
2009-02-01, 10:09 AM
Sinkalip dodges left and right looking for cover behind the potted plants. Slowly he makes his way out of the entrance foyer into the main restaurant where there is much less cover.

[roll0]