PDA

View Full Version : Rules Question Potential Dungeon Master seems to have literally lost his mind.

INoKnowNames
2019-03-07, 08:06 PM
I wasn't sure if I should report the individual posts, attempt to have a moderator intervene through PM (though since I've no idea which moderators are active down there or if their PMs will be answered any more than my own, I'm not sure how that would work), or ask on here, but I've got a problem with one of my recruitment/searching for dm threads. Namely, a lot of interest has been accrued when one DM showed up at the start of this week, but for the past 3 days straight, they've been speaking literal "Insane Troll Logic". I don't know if it'd be better to have the thread closed and restart it or what at this point... Problems start here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?582150-I-want-to-protect-someone-special!-3-5-3e&p=23752313&viewfull=1#post23752313), if any mods do see this. Pardon me if there was a better avenue to go through this sort of thing.

Son of A Lich!
2019-03-07, 11:13 PM
I'm not a doctor, and without a chart or prior diagnostics I can't say for certain but it looks like hes going through a dissociative state.

If he has friends or family on the boards, they need to check in on him and make sure he's not a danger to himself or others. He may have missed his medication or is out of reach of people who are tending to his needs.

The single most important thing is to not play along with his delusion - If we, in reality, are sending mixed signals of what is really going on in physical space, it makes it harder for him to discern truth from fiction.

Depending on the nature of his state, he may come down naturally but if he is having an episode he needs to be monitored for a healthy recovery and diagnosis.

Thank you for pointing this out, against forum rules or no, but ultimately this needs to be helped on his side of the computer.

The thing that really concerns me is that he is talking about violent acts. He might be seriously concerned with his own safety from an imaginary threat and that can end badly. If anyone knows him in real space, reach out to him, please, and make sure he is okay.

OracleofWuffing
2019-03-07, 11:45 PM
In general, usually the best way to get a mod's attention is by reporting the post using the http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/sand/buttons/report-40b.png in the bottom-left corner. You can leave a message for the moderator when you report a single post saying that there are other posts around that they might want to look at, as well.

:smallconfused: Likewise not a doctor nor moderator, but it reminds me of posts from spambots that generate random text to "look" real and then post links that get removed, but... It started pretty much on topic?

Roland St. Jude
2019-03-08, 12:13 AM
In general, usually the best way to get a mod's attention is by reporting the post using the http://www.giantitp.com/forums/images/sand/buttons/report-40b.png in the bottom-left corner. You can leave a message for the moderator when you report a single post saying that there are other posts around that they might want to look at, as well.Sheriff: This would be the best way to get modly attention on a thread or post. I'm not really sure what to make of this. Could be a mental health issue. Could be a substance abuse issue. Could be a bot, a joke, or something else. I guess try to carry on with the thread despite the oddity and report any developments?