PDA

View Full Version : Character Ideas!

JackMage666
2007-09-28, 07:15 PM
So, playing a quick single player game tomorrow. The DM told me (due to being the only player), to be prepared for Dark, cavernous areas, with evil people.

So, what should I make?

EDIT - Rules - Any class or race. DM's allowing me up to +1 LA for free, due to the lack of players. No gestalt. Rolling stats, 5d6, reroll 1s, best 3. Haven't rolled yet.

Dhavaer
2007-09-28, 07:57 PM
Hobgoblin Warblade. Make sure to put ranks in Climb, Jump and Tumble. Maybe Balance, too.

Felius
2007-09-28, 08:18 PM
You could try for race an Plane-Touched, as they get dark-vision for free, some nice stat bonus and other interesting things depending of what kind you get.

Dullyanna
2007-09-28, 08:20 PM
I'd say, use a class that does well on its own, like a warlock, cleric, or monk (Maybe). As for races, I've become partial to half-giants (Although some DM's won't allow them, and I can't blame 'em either). Hobgoblins are nice, what with darkvision and a bonus to two oft-used stats. Dhavaer's idea is good, too.

ocato
2007-09-28, 08:28 PM
Free LA? Maybe a Goliath, they're pretty serious. As for class, something that works by itself is good of course, but you might have fun monster mashing too as a melee'r

codexgigas
2007-09-28, 08:35 PM
Aasimar Paladin, taking the Underdark Knight variant from Complete Champion. After level five, either take Devoted Tracker (Complete Adventurer) and multiclass as a Ranger (using the Complete Warrior non-spellcasting variant will net you a 50ft base land speed) or prestige out.

JackMage666
2007-09-28, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the ideas, guys! I'm going with a Hexblade, due to my want to try them out, but all your idea weighed heavily in as well. I'm still juggling races, but Hobgoblin seems a good choice.

Collin152
2007-09-28, 09:23 PM
My first response to free LA was Drow, but something tells me it wouldn't be a wise choice.

Dullyanna
2007-09-28, 09:28 PM
Hexblades are kinda-sorta weak, but don't let that ever stop you. And Without that idiotic +1 level adjustment, hobgoblins are pretty nice. Since it's a solo endeavor, your DM will hopefully devise encounters based on your choice of class.

Edit: I'm a halfling! My claws deal 1d3 damage now!