PDA

View Full Version : Aurabot

Bjarkmundur
2019-03-08, 05:26 AM
I remember playing Taric in league of legends and just stacking all the Aura items. Eventually my entire time just doubled in effeciency as soon as I joined the fight.

How would you implement the same feeling in 5e, the feeling of passively saving the day.

What I'm looking at now is Bardic Inspiration, Inspiring Leader, Song of Rest and some well selected "oh hi, yeah I'll save the day just by being here" spells.

What other Aura builds that aren't necessarily "lazy" builds are out there?

DeTess
2019-03-08, 05:54 AM
Paladin 6 will give you a fantastic save boosting aura. Words can't describe how nice this boost is. Several paladin oaths also have an additional ally-boosting aura at level 7, and they all get an anti-fear aura at level 10. Honestly, if you want an aura-build, you can do far worse than going straight paladin.

Vogie
2019-03-08, 09:46 AM
Ancient Paladin 7 / Lore Bard 10 is the way to go, grabbing the Inspiring Leader Feat with the Aura & Beacon spells. You can also grab Shepherd Druid 2 and Order Cleric 1 to round it out

That'll give you a Aura of Protection (+your CHA to everyone's saving throws), Aura of Warding (Magic Resistance), Spirit Totem Aura (Bear, Hawk or Unicorn), the Countercharm action (aura of advantage against being Frightened or Charmed), and the ability to give any ally a reaction attack whenever you cast a spell on them. From the Paladin spell list (including ones picked up via Magical Secrets & Additional Magical Secrets), you have the Auras of Vitality, Life & Purity, Crusader's Mantle. You'll also have access to Healing Spirit, Calm Emotions, Warding Wind.

Man_Over_Game
2019-03-08, 12:30 PM
I was going to be clever and post all the things, but then Vogie beat me to it. Bastard.