PDA

View Full Version : Does this work? Celestial Warlock + Artificer

jaappleton
2019-03-08, 02:59 PM
The level 6 feature of the Celestial Warlock states: "when you cast a spell that deals radiant or fire damage, you can add your Charisma modifier to one radiant or fire damage roll of that spell against one of its targets."

Combine this with a new Artificer spell, Arcane Weapon: "You channel arcane energy into one simple or martial weapon you’re holding, and choose one damage type: acid, cold, fire, lightning, poison, or thunder. Until the spell ends, you deal an extra 1d6 damage of the chosen type to any target you hit with the weapon."

So, here's my question:

If I have a Hand Crossbow, cast Arcane Weapon - Fire on it, am I now doing 1d6+Dex+Piercing+1d6 Fire+Cha Fire?

Or does this not work because Arcane Weapon isn't targeting a creature, it targets a weapon?

I'm like 95% sure it doesn't work, but I want to make sure.

Man_Over_Game
2019-03-08, 03:27 PM
It basically does the same thing as Elemental Weapon, and unfortunately, it doesn't work.

jaappleton
2019-03-08, 03:30 PM
It basically does the same thing as Elemental Weapon, and unfortunately, it doesn't work.

Sadface...

CheddarChampion
2019-03-08, 03:59 PM
The level 6 feature of the Celestial Warlock states: "when you cast a spell that deals radiant or fire damage, you can add your Charisma modifier to one radiant or fire damage roll of that spell against one of its targets."

Even if we ignore the semantics of "its targets," it would still apply to one damage roll. Under such conditions you add CHA to your first hit but not any subsequent ones.