PDA

View Full Version : Tibbit Swordsage?

atemu1234
2019-03-09, 05:30 PM
I'm planning on building a tibbit swordsage in the near future, but, unfortunately, I'm still kind of bad at the tome of battle stuff. While I understand the underlying mechanics, I'm not all that familiar with the individual stances and maneuvers themselves. I'm open to suggestions on that more than anything else, if anyone'd be willing to help.

I'd like to get the most out of the tibbit's ability to shapeshift, so I'm probably looking for stuff that boosts their natural attacks in cat form.

Also, for all intents and purposes, assume that I'm using the unofficial Tome of Battle errata found here (http://minmaxforum.com/index.php?topic=335.0).

Particle_Man
2019-03-09, 07:00 PM
Well thematically the Tiger Claw maneuvers and stances, as well as the Bloodclaw Master prestige class, would seem to fit your feline. :smallcool: The racial jump bonus even gives you a little synergy.

Feat-wise, you have to take Adaptive Style. Otherwise your refresh mechanic is far too slow to be useful. You might also want to take Extra Readied Maneuver when you can fit it in. Again, Tiger-Blooded and Reaping Talons are thematically appropriate.

Otherwise, it depends what you want. Diamond Mind has a nice stance at high levels (Hearing the Air) to give one blindsense, and some nice maneuvers to take to make the prereqs (say, Sapphire Nightmare Blade and Emerald Razor for those hard to hit opponents). Shadow Hand has teleporters (starting with Shadow Jaunt) with no prerequisite, which is handy since your movement rate is 20. Cloak of Deception is nice for invisibility too. In the Desert Wind section, Burning Blade can give you a flanker with Distracting Ember and resistance/immunity to fire with Flames's Blessing. Even Setting Sun has a 1st level stance that lets you ignore Difficult terrain. But I would treat all of those disciplines as spices to your main course of Tiger Claw maneuvers and stances. You are a cat, dammit! :smallbiggrin:

The short version on stances is that you can only have one "on" at a time. Maneuvers take actions to use (usually a standard action or full-round action, but occasionally a swift or immediate action). So in theory you could use a "boost" maneuvers as a swift action and a "strike" as a standard or full-round action, and then when it is not your turn use a "counter" as an immediate action (although that eats up your swift action on your next turn). So for example, a boost that adds fire damage to all your attacks and a strike that gives you a lot of attacks synergize nicely.

You might want to look at a guide to swordsages:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?259783-3-5-Swordsage-Handbook-This-one-ll-walk-the-whole-Way-WIP-PEACH