PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Huge mounts, Carts, and other weirdness with the new Artificer class?

Citadel97501
2019-03-10, 06:14 AM
Hello all,
I was wondering how many things that occupy a space can be on mounts, and vehicles of varying sizes.

This is primarily for a weird Artificer: Artillerist idea that came to mind? Basically have you and your turrets of doom climb up on your "huge" mount attaching themselves to special saddles, which would give you a bubble of continuous temporary hit points for all things on the mount, and maybe a blasting turret attached to the nose at higher levels.

While the optimization is probably meh, it just sounds cool as hell to me :)

Naanomi
2019-03-10, 10:12 AM
Hello all,
I was wondering how many things that occupy a space can be on mounts, and vehicles of varying sizes.

This is primarily for a weird Artificer: Artillerist idea that came to mind? Basically have you and your turrets of doom climb up on your "huge" mount attaching themselves to special saddles, which would give you a bubble of continuous temporary hit points for all things on the mount, and maybe a blasting turret attached to the nose at higher levels.

Be a centaur artificer, attach them to a chariot you pull

Damon_Tor
2019-03-10, 10:46 AM
Hello all,

I'm not sure how much that would really help with the mobility problems of the turret. Carts and huge mounts often can't follow you into dungeons, and will have trouble with stairs.

I'd rather get Ritual Caster and pick up a Tenser's Floating Disk for this purpose. It handles most obstacles just fine and is mostly unlimited in speed, only really having trouble with really severe drops/climbs. But unlike carts and mounts, once you're past the obstacle in question you can take 10 minutes and re-summon it.