PDA

View Full Version : Help Building a Tibbit?? (Werecat)

EndEver
2019-03-10, 02:05 PM
•••Campaign details•••

We are about to start a new main campaign and my DM is allowing all the published work and UA/Hombrew classes and races as long as we run it by him.

We start at level 2, get a feat instead of a level at around 6 or 10 (DM feels like the game is best between 1-12 so he’s slowing progression a bit)

I could see us hitting 14-16 maybe 20 but not for a while

But of political intrigue, work for an organizations, totally open world map to travel to anywhere we see, battles, down time to build a house or a base

•••Resting•••

Usually squeeze 1 short rest in a day, rarely if ever more than that. 2 max though maybe he’ll change it

•••Tibbit•••
https://www.dndbeyond.com/races/11148-tibbit

Tibbit’s caught my eye since they are basically werecats that can turn into cats or a smaller cat person. I really want to figure it a fun build for one since they aren’t particularly optimal. The one I’m picking has
+2 Dex
+1 Charisma
Can pass through spaces of a creature 1 size larger than itself

•••My hopes •••
(I’m aware not all may be possible)

I really want to be a caster, I love spells but I would also like to be Gishy if possible.

Deal good damage

Have fun utility’s for planning and problem solving

Stealth, Pursuasion and the like. Rouge vibes

Not running out of resources too fast but use resources too

Shadows are fun. Maybe Shadowblade build? (Not sure how to work it)

•••Ideas•••

Crossbow caster? (Assassination vibes but still spells)

Straight Warlock: Fun invocations, RP

SorLock: Eldritch Blast, more spells, utility

Sorcadin: (no idea how to do this with a tibbit but I do love the look of this Gish)

Sorcerer: I really like sorcerers but never played one

•••Party Setup•••

Our party is a moon Druid/Barbarian, Paladin and likely a fighter/rouge/ranger for our 3rd guy.

•••My stats•••

14, 17, 15, 7, 15, 12

•••Problems•••

Survivability? How do I get good AC/ live with a caster HP

Multiclass? I’m paranoid multiclassing will make me fall behind too long in the campaign and won’t be fun

Limited utility if I focus on damage

How do I handle armour/ weapons?

Darkness+Devils sight seems to only work well if I’m a ranged character

TLDR:

Anyone got some good ideas for a Tibbit caster/assasin Gish or how to deal with survivabilty, AC, spells and the like? Specifically centered around a Warlock/ sorcerer vibe but honestly I’m open to thoughts on rouges, rangers and Eldritch Knights.

noob
2019-03-10, 03:40 PM
Do you have the right to use cat specific feats or the handle human skill.(it was in a joke article in dnd 3.5 but maybe it might be updated to 5e)

EndEver
2019-03-10, 04:04 PM
Do you have the right to use cat specific feats or the handle human skill.(it was in a joke article in dnd 3.5 but maybe it might be updated to 5e)

Not to my knowledge, but I’ll look into it/ ask.

noob
2019-03-10, 04:13 PM
Not to my knowledge, but I’ll look into it/ ask.

It is more joke stuff than serious content.
I mean "my tidbit use flop. Save for avoiding to go toward the tidbit and be captivated" is silly.
As is "I train that humanoid to give me food when I ask it to do so"

EndEver
2019-03-10, 04:55 PM
It is more joke stuff than serious content.
I mean "my tidbit use flop. Save for avoiding to go toward the tidbit and be captivated" is silly.
As is "I train that humanoid to give me food when I ask it to do so"

Does seem pretty fun haha. I found the site.

What class did you play with your Tibbit?

noob
2019-03-10, 05:32 PM
Bard works well with charisma based skills and feats.
I did not play with that content but if I wanted to use it I would probably have picked bard.