PDA

View Full Version : Linear Guild in the Playground [results]

Lord Herman
2007-09-29, 02:13 AM
The votes have been counted, the bribes have been paid; the results of the Linear Guild in the Playground polls are here.

Nale in the Playground

25 - Shadow
19 - Lord Magtok
5 - The Chilli God
1 - Eldritch Knight
0 - Jontom Xire

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/LinearGuild_NaleTrophy.png
Despite Lord Magtok's best efforts (including blackmail, threats, and calling people a stinkyhead), he couldn't beat Shadow in the polls.

Sabine in the Playground

23 - Alarra
16 - Face of Evil
6 - Moon Called
3 - Serpentine
3 - CurlyKitGirl

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/LinearGuild_SabineTrophy.png
Like in the Nale category, the contestant who campaigned the hardest ended up second. Face of Evil did his best, but Alarra is the clear victor. Congratulations!

Thog in the Playground

29 - Ganurath
10 - Trog
4 - Supagoof
2 - Xssar
1 - Smellie Hippie

http://home.planet.nl/~hdgoede/tdg/StickArt/Contests/LinearGuild_ThogTrophy.png
The Thog category was no contest. Trog did get some votes, but Ganurath won in a landslide victory. Now who's going to tell him we're out of fudge ripple?

You can use this thread for posting acceptance speeches, congratulating the winners, complaining about the results, suggesting a theme for the next contest, or eating waffles.

The next contest will start on monday.

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-29, 07:49 AM
Grongratulations Shadow, Alarra and Ghan.

Herman, you tell him! or zar....

Volug
2007-09-29, 08:21 AM
Congrats to all! you all really deserved it.:smallwink:

As for a new theme.... 8-bit theater!!! (http://nuklearpower.com/) or i might think of some others. maybe dice in the playground?:smallbiggrin:

A Rainy Knight
2007-09-29, 08:30 AM
Here are some ideas I had for the next theme:
Swords in the Playground (rapier, longsword, etc.)
Smilies in the Playground (:smallsmile: :smallfurious: :smalltongue: etc.)

Congratulations to everyone who ran!

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-29, 08:58 AM
I have idea
Collor
ITP

Ganurath
2007-09-29, 09:52 AM
Gan would like to thank everyone who voted for Gan for the support. Gan would also like to thank Lord Herman. Mostly, Gan would like some waffles a la mode.

*acts on that last impulse*

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-29, 10:54 AM
Mmm....waffles.
*steals one of Gan's waffles a la mode*

Now let's see...what would be a good contest...
Music in the Playground? Jazz, Rock, Pop...*shrugs*

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-29, 11:54 AM
Base classe itp!

Barbarian - Fighter - Druid - Paladin - Rogue - Wizard - Sorcerer

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-29, 11:55 AM
Base classe itp!

The only problem is, there's already a Barbarian, Fighter, and Wizard award.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-09-29, 12:07 PM
Discworlditp? It's been suggested before. You'd have to be careful with the catagories though.

Ichneumon
2007-09-29, 12:18 PM
What is discworld?

Dallas-Dakota
2007-09-29, 12:28 PM
An wonderful world written down in books(the discworld series), though I have not have read it.

Ow ok, vespe.

Spellcasters ITP?
Wizard, sorcerer, spell thief, druid Etc.?

Ganurath
2007-09-29, 12:34 PM
Did anyone else notice that all the comic-based ITPs so far have only been based on one of the two Playground-based comics?

PirateMonk
2007-09-29, 12:38 PM
An wonderful world written down in books(the discworld series), though I have not have read it.

Ow ok, vespe.

Spellcasters ITP?
Wizard, sorcerer, spell thief, druid Etc.?

We already did Wizard itp, which was specified to cover all spellcasters.

Volug
2007-09-29, 01:04 PM
Did anyone else notice that all the comic-based ITPs so far have only been based on one of the two Playground-based comics?

Yeah thats why we should do a 8-Bit Theater ITP:smallbiggrin:

*Eats waffles*

Em Blackleaf
2007-09-29, 01:06 PM
*Agrees with Masato*
*Eats waffles, also*

mockingbyrd7
2007-09-29, 01:09 PM
I'd run for Red Mage, but Masato would win faster than I could blink.

How about Goblins In The Playground? (the comic Goblins, of course)

wadledo
2007-09-29, 01:09 PM
*WAFFLES!*

Congrats to those who won.

And I propose the next contest be completely random people in the playground.
Like the dude who wants pudding.

The_Chilli_God
2007-09-29, 01:10 PM
*Pats everyone on the back* Well. That was a complete wipeout.

I'm still for my two always-suggestions:
-Elf/Orc/Human in the Playground.
-Animals/Plants/Vermin in the Playground. Finish what you started!

And also Vampires/Werewolves in the Playground, that'd be funny.

Ichneumon
2007-09-29, 01:12 PM
Pantheon in the Playground. There are a few categories, such as Greek/Roman, Egyptian, Norse and Native American.

Volug
2007-09-29, 01:25 PM
I think maybe we should run 2 at a time! Just for fun, though it doesnt matter to me.

i thought about 8-bit itP and heres who i personally think would win

Black Mage: Solo

Red Mage:me... duh...

White Mage:I would say Em Blackleaf, though she already won something...

Theif: I'm da Rogue! though she won something too, i'll get back to WM and Theif sometime.

Fighter: Too be determined

Black Belt:: ...... i dont know
----
well, guess i have to wait and acually see who wants what and other things as well. Cause its hard to decied for some reason, till the contest starts up.

your opinions? though i have to admit "color" itp sounds cool.

Lord Herman
2007-09-29, 01:29 PM
Artificial multiquote!

What is discworld?

Something you must read.

As for a Discword itP contest - it's a good idea, but maybe for a later contest.

I don't read Erfworld, so that's out.

Yeah thats why we should do a 8-Bit Theater ITP

I am considering it, but not for the next contest.

-Elf/Orc/Human in the Playground.
-Animals/Plants/Vermin in the Playground. Finish what you started!

And also Vampires/Werewolves in the Playground, that'd be funny.

Player races in the playground is a possibility. Animals, plants, and vermin is unlikely - there aren't many playgrounders who have a connection with plants and vermin, and animals are a bit too diverse to lump together in a single category.

Vampires and Werewolves, however, is a very good idea.

Pantheon in the Playground.

I've considered that, but you'd either end up with a huge number of categories, or categories that are too vague to be interesting.

Right now, I'm inclined to go with Vampires and Werewolves.

Ichneumon
2007-09-29, 01:31 PM
That would be cool. I always loved vampires and werewolves.

Shadow
2007-09-29, 02:05 PM
Thank you all.

There Maggie. I've accepted as per your request. Commence with your big, silly, dramatics....
Ok.... Ok.... I won't ruin it for you. :smallbiggrin:

And on the note of Vamp/WW itp:
Just check my sig. Although I'd probably drop out and give it to DM77.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-09-29, 02:57 PM
How about Goblins In The Playground? (the comic Goblins, of course)

I like that idea. Let's go with it.

On seperate, more likely notes, Congratulations, ever'one! Except Shadow. He was too much of a shoo-in for me to vote for, or for me to congratulate.

I hereby declare my grudge against Alarra and declare her the bane of my propaganda.

banjo1985
2007-09-29, 03:42 PM
Congratulations to all you winners!

Extra special congrats goes to Ganurath, who has definitely put in the single most dedicated campaign to be something in the Playground I have ever witnessed!

Thanatos 51-50
2007-09-29, 04:24 PM
Congratulations all! Even those I didn't vote for.

And as a silly suggestion: Equipment in the playground?
Of course, I light-heartedly mean Slide, Jungle Gym, Sandbox, Swingset, et. cetera.

Other random ideas are:
Prestige Classes in the Playground
(Just keep it core so there aren't 17 billion possiblities)

Player Races in the Playground

Celestials/Guardinals itp

Deamons/Devils itp

Weapons itp
(again, probably best to keep it core)

Spells itp
(Also again, probably best to keep it core)

Schools of Magic itp

Base Classes itp
(It might be a re-run, but I'm thinking all eleven core base classes, as well as maybe a few well-known ones from splatbooks, like Scout and Swahsbuckler)

Eldritch Knight
2007-09-29, 04:42 PM
Star Trek in the Playground, would be my suggestion.

Well played, Shadow. But let us see if you're Naleishness can survive my fiendish plots to subvert the position and seize it for myself!

FoE
2007-09-29, 08:40 PM
So I lost. :smallfrown: Well, the important thing is that I tried my best, and that I beat Moon_Called. :smallamused:

Might as well recycle my concession speech from before..

Shadow: Well, I'm a bit shocked. I thought Magtok was going to steal it from under you for sure. That said, I did think you were the best choice for Nale in the Playground.

Ganurath: Congratulations. Have an ice-cream sundae on me.

Alarra: While I can't pretend to be happy about your victory, I do think you were a worthy candidate, almost as much as me. Almost. :smallsmile:

The Face of Evil extends its deepest thanks to: Zar Peter (didn't vote for me but I appreciate the compliment), Lord Fullbladder, Magtok, Artemis97, Almighty Salmon, Mockingbyrd7, Shadow, Ufo, Terumitsu, the Chilli God, SurlySeraph, Unstatted Commoner, Thanatos5150, A Rainy Knight, Ganurath, Sampi and, most importantly of all, I'm da Rogue.

And the rest of you who voted against me ... watch your backs. Now that the election is over, the gloves are off and the chainsaws have been re-fueled. :smallamused:

The Face of Evil is coming...

And hell's coming with me.

FoE
2007-09-29, 10:02 PM
P.S. Might I note that there are a number of notable PCs whom we have not held a contest for?

What about:
Julio Scoundrel
Celia the Slyph
Eugene Greenhilt
Julia Greenhilt
Lien
Thor

Serpentine
2007-09-30, 12:31 AM
Whoa... people voted for me? o.O Awesome. Now to see who they are and do nice things for them.

edit: Thank you Dr Bath, Fdl, and... Bitzeralisis? Don't recall seeing you around. But thankee verily muchness for recognising my seductively evil side ^_^

Lord Magtok
2007-09-30, 08:45 AM
Thank you all.

There Maggie. I've accepted as per your request. Commence with your big, silly, dramatics....
Ok.... Ok.... I won't ruin it for you. :smallbiggrin:

*Gives Shadow a cold glare.* You may have won this battle Shadow, but I shall have my revenge.

Because from this day forth, I declare that you and I shall be forever at War, forever Feuding, battling because of a Small Difference in OpinionVotes

And it shall be known as The Squabble!

I'm da Rogue!
2007-09-30, 09:01 AM
Base classe itp!

Oh I'd go for that.

Red Mage:me... duh...

White Mage:I would say Em Blackleaf, though she already won something...

Theif: I'm da Rogue! though she won something too, i'll get back to WM and Theif sometime.=

We already won... so what? Is there a rule or something?
And if the rule exists, do you think I care?:smallamused:

MrEdwardNigma
2007-09-30, 10:01 AM
I have idea
Collor
ITP

I love the idea! If this idea gets through, I'm gonna go for purple ITP, or maybe green...
Goblin ITP also seems a cool thought.
And what about Erfworld ITP?

Castaras
2007-09-30, 03:36 PM
Colour itp sounds cool.

As does Vampire v Werewolf itp.

Although I'd be Blue itp...but would I be the werewolf from the games, or the vampire from AMEN and some of my avatars?

Saurous
2007-09-30, 03:43 PM
Personally, I think that Schools of Magic in the Playground would be a rather good idea.

...no, it isn't because I think that I could win Necromancy easily. What makes you think that? :smallannoyed:

FoE
2007-09-30, 03:50 PM
Outsider in the Playground! OUTSIDER IN THE PLAYGROUND!!! :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2007-09-30, 03:53 PM
If we did Color ITP I would be a shoe-in for Red.

smellie_hippie
2007-09-30, 04:23 PM
If we go for color... you all will see the resurgance of my

Technicolor Hippie Hug!

FTW. :smallamused:

Vespe Ratavo
2007-09-30, 04:25 PM
Hippies and Suits! :smallbiggrin:

SurlySeraph
2007-09-30, 05:16 PM
Hippies and Suits! :smallbiggrin:

Seconded. The System shall prevail! The System always prevails! Go to your silly marches, listen to your silly protest songs, they will avail you naught! To fix The System you must join it, for righteousness must come through order; rebellion is futile. BLESS THE MAN! UP WITH THE SYSTEM!

@V: That's one count of Mockery of Authority, one count of Unlawful Making of Threats, one count of Lewdness, and one count of Disrespect Towards An Officer of the Law. No, you can't pay the fines in cannibis.

smellie_hippie
2007-09-30, 05:36 PM
Seconded. The System shall prevail! The System always prevails! Go to your silly marches, listen to your silly protest songs, they will avail you naught! To fix The System you must join it, for righteousness must come through order; rebellion is futile. BLESS THE MAN! UP WITH THE SYSTEM!

You're funny. :smalltongue: I got somethin' fer you to put "up yer system".... :smallamused:

Supagoof
2007-09-30, 05:57 PM
Alarra: While I can't pretend to be happy about your victory, I do think you were a worthy candidate, almost as much as me. Almost. :smallsmile:

The Face of Evil extends its deepest thanks to: Zar Peter (didn't vote for me but I appreciate the compliment), Lord Fullbladder, Magtok, Artemis97, Almighty Salmon, Mockingbyrd7, Shadow, Ufo, Terumitsu, the Chilli God, SurlySeraph, Unstatted Commoner, Thanatos5150, A Rainy Knight, Ganurath, Sampi and, most importantly of all, I'm da Rogue.

And the rest of you who voted against me ... watch your backs. Now that the election is over, the gloves are off and the chainsaws have been re-fueled. :smallamused:

Sorry FoE. Meant to switch my vote to you. Polls were closed by the time I would have. However, I did tip you off about Alarra's inconsistency in her campaign. I trust that alone will make it so we don't go to battle. however, if we must, know that this Hero is ready to take on the Face of Evil.

And Alarra - you should really forfeit one of your trophies. :smalltongue: Either that, or we should have a contest for most Truthful / Lying in the playground, that you could run for. Seeing as Most Sabine and Most Lawful are trophies at completely opposite ends of the spectrum!:smallamused:

The rest of us should and will remember that the next time you are up for anything. :smallbiggrin:

I love the idea! If this idea gets through, I'm gonna go for purple ITP, or maybe green...

You'd be better off running for green. :smallwink: I bleed purple.:smallamused:

FoE
2007-09-30, 06:11 PM
Ah well, Supagoof, thanks for trying, anyway. One vote wouldn't have made much difference. You could make it up to me by chiding Alarra as much as possible whenever you see her. :smalltongue:

For example, my response to Alarra shall forever now be ....

TROPHY PLEASE!!!!

P.S. You must know, however, that I will still have to kill you.

BRC
2007-09-30, 06:47 PM
I just had an idea: Shakespear characters in the playground!

FoE
2007-09-30, 08:58 PM
Love interest in the Playground?

P.S. If we're doing Shakespeare in the Playground, I put my name forward for MacBeth.

Xyk
2007-09-30, 09:54 PM
Hello everybody, i've been real busy with school and didn't vote for linear guild itp. also i havent slept in months. my votes wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway...

Lord Herman
2007-10-01, 01:33 AM
Blah

But... where did you get the idea that Sabine is chaotic?

Raiser Blade
2007-10-01, 01:46 AM
Homestarrunner characters in the playground.....

<_< >_>

What?

Ganurath
2007-10-01, 06:55 AM
You'd be better off running for green. :smallwink: I bleed purple.:smallamused:No he wouldn't.