PDA

View Full Version : Feats/Epic feats for a barbarian

Mrark
2019-03-10, 07:39 PM
Hi everyone. I am a 18th lvl barbarian, so I just have to choose my last feat. The feats I already have are: +4 init bonus, power attack, reckless rage, iron will, leap attack, and the one which doubles your critical chance. Consider that we are really, really rich, so I am looking for something special I could not buy with money generally speaking.. surprise me :D

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-03-10, 07:57 PM
Ancestral Relic for one of these (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?177889-Brainstorm-for-Psionic-Tricks-Tactics-and-Combos-Handbook/page11&p=23285432#post23285432), with the highest manifester level you can get. Preferably as a Device, from Ravenloft: Legacy of the Blood, so it's nonmagical. Then proceed to spend as much money on it as possible for your basic slotted items (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?187851-3-5-Lists-of-Necessary-Magic-Items), and other items to improve your capabilities (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?148101-3-x-Shax-s-Indispensible-Haversack-(Equipment-Handbook)).

For your first epic feat? Perhaps Landlord, from the Stronghold Builder's Guide? If you can somehow get your skin to count as a stronghold (and since you can shapeshift into objects, including buildings, this isn't too far-fetched), apply your Landlord total to it to further its worth as a "magic" item.

Biggus
2019-03-10, 07:58 PM
OK, I'm confused. What level are you looking for a feat for? 18, 21...?

Mrark
2019-03-11, 01:12 AM
OK, I'm confused. What level are you looking for a feat for? 18, 21...?

Anyone. Probably the DM could ignore the level boundaries or lower them at certain conditions

RNightstalker
2019-03-11, 09:18 PM
Just Roll With It and Damage Reduction (Epic)

Biggus
2019-03-11, 11:55 PM
Ah, Ok. There aren't that many really useful epic feats for a Barbarian, but you might want to consider:

If you don't already have the Pounce ability, Dire Charge is very good.

Superior Initiative is always useful.

If you have a good Intimidate bonus Terrifying Rage can be fun (assuming you regularly fight opponents who don't have fear immunity, obviously).

From the nonepic feats:

If you fight a lot of casters, Mage Slayer (Complete Warrior) is excellent.

Instantaneous Rage (also CW) can be a lifesaver.

MaxiDuRaritry
2019-03-12, 12:15 AM
If you don't already have the Pounce ability, Dire Charge is very good awful.Wasting a feat that you can only use on the first round of combat? Bleh. Do you think those things just grow on feat trees?

Barbarian 1 grants a vastly superior version. A few levels in psychic warrior does the same. My aforementioned psychoactive skin of proteus, as well, if you turn into something with pounce. Or a hydra. Hydras are always pretty great. Especially if you take Shape Soulmeld for some claws to add to the attack sequence.

Mrark
2019-03-12, 07:19 AM
Wasting a feat that you can only use on the first round of combat? Bleh. Do you think those things just grow on feat trees?

Barbarian 1 grants a vastly superior version. A few levels in psychic warrior does the same. My aforementioned psychoactive skin of proteus, as well, if you turn into something with pounce. Or a hydra. Hydras are always pretty great. Especially if you take Shape Soulmeld for some claws to add to the attack sequence.

I am lvl 18 already.

The Kool
2019-03-12, 02:07 PM
Barbarian 1 grants

I am a 18th lvl barbarian

So yeah not really helpful. Assuming you're going straight Barbarian and are in a lower optimization game, given the sources you've quoted and a few other cues, let's see. I put my voice behind Dire Charge (though if you're adjusting it anyway, see if you can get your DM to allow it to simply give you Pounce). Shock Trooper (not epic, from Complete Warrior) is a great choice to combine with Leap Attack. Talk to your DM and see if you can retrain Iron Will (at this level, +2 will is pathetic) and get both. If your build has kept up so far, this will be a fantastic explosion of power.