PDA

View Full Version : There So Many Issues About Captain Marvel Vs. Thanos Fight That Needs To Be Adresssed

Bartmanhomer
2019-03-11, 01:37 PM
There's a lot of problems that I analyse about the Avengers: Endgame movie between Captain Marvel and Thanos that needs to be addressed here:

First off Captain Marvel is a mid-tier hero and Thanos is a god tier villain. Captain Marvel superpowers are photon blast and flight. Thanos Powers is the Infinity Gauntlet. Captain Marvel isn't durable to most attacks. Thanos is very durable to most attacks. Also to note that in the X-Men cartoon Rogue steals Captain Marvel powers at one point. So in conclusion: Thanos will mincemeat Captain Marvel. Unless if I missed something that I don't know about please address me.

Otomodachi
2019-03-11, 01:40 PM
I feel like you're incorrect (https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Carol_Danvers_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities) about her power level and probably mistaken in assuming she'll somehow be fighting him one on one in a big ensemble movie with multiple protagonists.

The Jack
2019-03-11, 01:40 PM
What're you trying to achieve here?

(also, Hawkeye will kill thanos, duh.)

Bartmanhomer
2019-03-11, 01:41 PM

I'm just pointing out the flaws here.

understatement
2019-03-11, 01:49 PM
The movie's called "Avengers: Endgame", not "Captain Marvel vs Thanos single-handedly without the rest of the Avengers + Co alongside."

Although I won't doubt she'll be a crucial point in the fight.

Aotrs Commander
2019-03-11, 01:52 PM
Could we, maybe, wait until we see how the movie handles it before we start critising it...?

Seeing, at least, we haven't even had clips or teasers or anything (unless you know something I don't) to even assume that... That will actually even happen? (As in, not-a-group-fight?)

Otomodachi
2019-03-11, 01:54 PM
The movie's called "Avengers: Endgame", not "Captain Marvel vs Thanos single-handedly without the rest of the Avengers + Co alongside."

Although I won't doubt she'll be a crucial point in the fight.

Hahaha, I'm also pretty sure the final resolution isn't gonna end up hinging on violent conflict, I feel like everything since Civil War has been setting this up.

I'm sure there'll be some really nice cinematic fight sequences before the finale, though.

GloatingSwine
2019-03-12, 05:11 AM
First off Captain Marvel is a mid-tier hero and Thanos is a god tier villain.

You don't know a lot about Captain Marvel, do you?

Mar-Vell has defeated Thanos a couple of times, including when Thanos had a cosmic cube, and Carol Danvers is more powerful than Mar-Vell was. (She was always physically stronger, but after the Brood fiddled with her to make her into Binary her energy handling went through the roof).

Carol is able to give the Sentry a hard time, and he's basically Superman.

All of this is, however, not terribly relevant because if you think the solution to the problem in Endgame is "Punch Thanos better this time" you've probably not understood what a story is.

Bartmanhomer
2019-03-12, 07:03 AM

Mar-Vell has defeated Thanos a couple of times, including when Thanos had a cosmic cube, and Carol Danvers is more powerful than Mar-Vell was. (She was always physically stronger, but after the Brood fiddled with her to make her into Binary her energy handling went through the roof).

All of this is, however, not terribly relevant because if you think the solution to the problem in Endgame is "Punch Thanos better this time" you've probably not understood what a story is.
I have only see the movie of Captain Marvel and Infinity War. That why I ask did I miss something and sounds to me I miss so much stuff on Captain Marvel.

LaZodiac
2019-03-12, 07:12 AM
I have only see the movie of Captain Marvel and Infinity War. That why I ask did I miss something and sounds to me I miss so much stuff on Captain Marvel.

Yeah you didn't just miss on Captain Marvel. The Infinity Gauntlet was destroyed by Thanos' Snap. He won't be nearly as strong as he was in Infinity War.

Captain Marvel's abilities are sourced from the Tesserect, specifically oriented towards being able to go at light speed, and being able to harness light and energy to shoot out fireblasts. One of the things she does, incredibly casually, is fly through a Kree battleship, destroying it entirely. The last time we saw one of those, it took an entire planet's military, plus Yondu's gang, plus the Guardians of the Galaxy attacking it from both within and without, to take it down.

She will be able to match Thanos.

Eldan
2019-03-12, 07:22 AM
Hahaha, I'm also pretty sure the final resolution isn't gonna end up hinging on violent conflict, I feel like everything since Civil War has been setting this up.

I'm sure there'll be some really nice cinematic fight sequences before the finale, though.

Man, I hope so. I'm pretty sick at this point of what another thread called "action figure fighting", where two heroes are just slapped against each other with the occasional energy blasts, until one is better than the other and wins. (Yes, I know, why am I even watching Marvel movies when I don't like this.)

JoshL
2019-03-12, 07:38 AM
It will not happen, but I'm still holding out hope that Thanos will be defeated by Squirrel Girl. Offscreen. While she's on the way to the store.

Leewei
2019-03-12, 10:30 AM
She will be able to match Thanos.The impression I get from the various movies is that she's around Thor's current level of power. That is, she's on the top scale for the various heroes, but still not a match for Thanos.

This is mainly inferred from Thanos being the Endgame villain. I'd expect the entire Avengers team to be barely a match for Thanos for dramatic purposes. (Cleverly subverting expectations usually makes a movie better, but I don't see how this could work.)

S@tanicoaldo
2019-03-12, 10:46 AM
Didn't the infinity gauntlet got busted when Thanos snapped his fingers? I remember it being burned out and destroyed. i'm not sure if he will be able to use it to fight.

Willie the Duck
2019-03-12, 10:53 AM
It seems self-evident to me:

please address me.
:smallbiggrin:

Kidding aside, BMH, I think you are missing a lot from the comic universe history. Thanos is not, and certainly has not always been, a godlike destroyer, occasionally he gets stymied by a kid who uses the cosmic cube to get ice cream (and Thanos escapes capture in his patented helicopter (http://www.cracked.com/article_26107_4-crazy-marvel-scenes-you-definitely-wont-see-in-movies.html)). Other times, he fails to capture the heroes hostess fruit pies, or gets defeated by Squirrel Girl off-camera. He is not the Marvel universe's consistent big-bad (that might be Galactus, although even he gets woobied in some continuities).

Regardless, I think people are right, this movie isn't going to be ended by who has the bigger... power potential. That went out the window when the Hulk* decided he didn't want to play ball with Banner's goals.
*Despite how much I roll my eyes when other comic fans go, "his powers have no upward boundary!" as though that proved something, he is routinely used as the go-to when they need 'the most powerful' for a situation.

No, this story is going to be solved by someone thinking of the right way to best Thanos, not out-punching/blasting him. It could be Captain Marvel, or Tony Stark (presumably in a self-sacrifice, as they've been telegraphing him leaving for a while), or Ant Man/Wasp/Hawkeye/Black Widow.

I am sure there will be many fights and false starts and heroes-looking-like-they-are-about-to-lose before they win the day and un-kill everyone not too expensive to put in any more movies.

tyckspoon
2019-03-12, 11:00 AM
The impression I get from the various movies is that she's around Thor's current level of power. That is, she's on the top scale for the various heroes, but still not a match for Thanos.

The Thor who beat out the Power stone in a beam struggle at the end if Infinity War and who Thanos admitted would have killed him if Thor had gone for a headshot instead of assuming putting a massive blade through his chest would do the job like it would for almost any other normal humanoid? If the heroes get two fighters on that level they can kick Thanos around the galaxy as much as they want.

Storywise, of course, the reason they get to do that now is that "punch him harder" stopped being a solution as soon as the snap happened. It's at best part of a plan for recovering the Stones and figuring out how to undo the Snap.

S@tanicoaldo
2019-03-12, 11:04 AM
That's why I dislike this nerd tradition of "Comparing power levels" characters are not their powers, their powers are only part of them.

Take Cap. America for exmeple his power set is quite boring and lackluster. He's super strong and resistant but not in superman levels, it's not his power level that makes him who he is, he's the leader of the Avengers becuase of his resolve, personality and morals, he is bigger than the sum of his parts.

That's why Cap. America is not a good character for a video game adaptation his power set is not fun, it's very mundane, but his character makes him greater than most villans and able to go toe to toe with cosmic beings.

Nerds often asume cosmic power levels = wins but they forget that narrative speaking normal people can subvert that.

CarpeGuitarrem
2019-03-12, 11:09 AM
Considering how much more powerful Carol is than most of the cinematic Avengers (probably about on par with Wanda, tbh.), you'd probably have even more issues if she wasn't in the picture.

The Jack
2019-03-12, 11:20 AM
'Peak human' is terrifying. Having peak strength, speed, stamina... like, it's impossible (I maintain that Batman can only do it with billionaire cheats) but have you ever actually seen an athlete or performer move? It's a legit better super power than a whole load of others.

As for power levels: I like my consistency. I like quality fights, and I'd rather see some ingenius way of evening the odds over just adjusting stuff for the story. It feels really, really cheap everytime the justice league all get caught by something slow. Plus I've got a calculating mind and I feel cheated when -peasant scrub- beats -chad Knight- in a simple duel.

You could do a lot narratively with a struggle, winning for convience's sake just grinds me. So when I see cap holding thanos's gauntlet..

I really, really want hawkeye to kill thanos tho. You can have all the other guys weaken him up, but Hawkeye doing a david is like, the best possible way to do it.

LibraryOgre
2019-03-12, 11:38 AM

One of the coolest ideas I heard of what the Endgame teaser trailer could have been was a slow walk through a house. Not well lit. Old style architecture. Something creepily slowly playing... Ring Around the Rosie would be good*, but it would probably be something more modern. And you get upstairs, see a man kneeling on the floor, surrounded by dust... and Clint looks up, with murder in his eyes.

Rater202
2019-03-12, 11:49 AM
Carol's basically to the Cosmic Tier heroes what Captain America is to the Avengers and Spider-man is to the street level supers.

She's not the best at any one thing--she's not the strongest or the fastest, or the toughest, or the energy blastiest, or the Smartest.

But she's really, really, really good at all of that.

And she's good at using all of that together.

And she's just too damn stubborn to give up.

She's probably not gonna be the one to defeat Thanos.

But she's the kind of Heavy Hitter that'll give an assembled team a chance.

Bartmanhomer
2019-03-12, 12:21 PM
I feel really stupid right now. I should've researched a bit more carefully before making this thread. That's a big d'oh right here for me. :sigh:

137beth
2019-03-12, 12:34 PM
Okay, let's combine this topic with some other Bartmanhomer threads:

If Thanos was Ash Ketchum's starter pokemon, would that make it easier or harder for the Avengers to defeat him?

tyckspoon
2019-03-12, 12:37 PM
Okay, let's combine this topic with some other Bartmanhomer threads:

If Thanos was Ash Ketchum's starter pokemon, would that make it easier or harder for the Avengers to defeat him?

So much harder. Ash's Pokemon practically get Silver-Age Superman powers - that is, they can basically just make up one-shot powers with the flimsiest justification. Of course, that's more or less what the Infinity Gauntlet lets him do, too..

Traab
2019-03-12, 04:16 PM
So much harder. Ash's Pokemon practically get Silver-Age Superman powers - that is, they can basically just make up one-shot powers with the flimsiest justification. Of course, that's more or less what the Infinity Gauntlet lets him do, too..

Thanos finds out that he cant finger snap darkseid? As an Ash Ketchum pokemon he just snaps HARDER and it works!

Darkseid "But, the gauntlet doesnt work in a different reality!" /fades away
Thanos "Than, NOS than!" /victory pose with Ash

tyckspoon
2019-03-12, 04:30 PM
Thanos finds out that he cant finger snap darkseid? As an Ash Ketchum pokemon he just snaps HARDER and it works!

Darkseid "But, the gauntlet doesnt work in a different reality!" /fades away
Thanos "Than, NOS than!" /victory pose with Ash

Ok, so I'm thinking 'Infinity Gauntlet' is a Trait, and it interacts with different Stones as Hold Items to unlock different moves and improve stats for Thanos, maybe switch between Types, that's been done before with some of the other Legendaries. Then all six stones is his Mega Evolution or maybe a different Forme, replaces the trait with something else (Always makes Thanos strike/take damage as if he had type advantage, maybe?) plus all of his moves are swapped for something representative of the various Stones.

Lethologica
2019-03-12, 04:34 PM
But being one of Ash's Pokémon gives Thanos a fatal weakness: league tournaments. All the Avengers have to do is mock up the big fight as a championship match and Thanos will fold like cardboard.

Ranxerox
2019-03-12, 11:12 PM
The thing that a lot of people don't get is that Carol Danvers sounding like Kara Danvers and Mar-Vell being similar to Kal-El is not a coincidence. They are homage characters to the man and the girl of steel, with just enough of the serial numbers filed off as to avoid lawsuits. So bear that in mind when considering Captain Marvel's power level and abilities.

Friv
2019-03-13, 02:34 AM
The thing that a lot of people don't get is that Carol Danvers sounding like Kara Danvers and Mar-Vell being similar to Kal-El is not a coincidence. They are homage characters to the man and the girl of steel, with just enough of the serial numbers filed off as to avoid lawsuits. So bear that in mind when considering Captain Marvel's power level and abilities.

... I never got that.

Eldan
2019-03-13, 02:46 AM
But being one of Ash's Pokémon gives Thanos a fatal weakness: league tournaments. All the Avengers have to do is mock up the big fight as a championship match and Thanos will fold like cardboard.

Yeah. Ash can win arena fights by bull****ting (There was this one fight where Pikachu defeated a ground-type Pokémon immune to lightning by trying harder), but the only thing the Avengers would have to do is set up their own Top 8 fight and Ash/Thanos would wash out in round 3.

Or get Ash to move to a new country. Pretty good chances he'd store Thanos on a computer and never get him out again.

Rodin
2019-03-13, 03:51 AM
That's why I dislike this nerd tradition of "Comparing power levels" characters are not their powers, their powers are only part of them.

Take Cap. America for exmeple his power set is quite boring and lackluster. He's super strong and resistant but not in superman levels, it's not his power level that makes him who he is, he's the leader of the Avengers becuase of his resolve, personality and morals, he is bigger than the sum of his parts.

That's why Cap. America is not a good character for a video game adaptation his power set is not fun, it's very mundane, but his character makes him greater than most villans and able to go toe to toe with cosmic beings.

Nerds often asume cosmic power levels = wins but they forget that narrative speaking normal people can subvert that.

I dunno, I think you could do a very good Cap. America videogame. There's a lot of videogames starring people who merely have "action hero" level of power, like Nathan Drake, any of the Assassin's Creed protagonists, Gordon Freeman, etc.

Another thing we seem to have learned over the years is that if your hero is too powerful it's also really hard to make a good videogame. It's why there hasn't been a good Superman game while several very good Batman games exist.

So how would a Cap. America game look? Well, he's a soldier who has shown himself quite willing to use guns and quite willing to fight with killing intent. So, the usual arsenal is available. Vehicles are available. There's a full range of superhuman enhancements you can go with, like bursts of high speed, super jumping, ground pounds, etc. And then there's the shield. You could have a lot of fun with that shield. Ricocheting it about the room, deflecting bullets with it, shield-bashing mooks so that they fly into other mooks....

If I were to design it, I'd eschew the more open world style and go with an Uncharted style action-adventure movie. Hydra is up to something, Cap has to figure it out, and the levels bounce between exploring Hydra bases (and whatever other interesting locales the plot demands) and big set-piece action sequences with collapsing buildings and getting shot at by helicopters. You know, the usual action hero stuff.

Sadly, I think the time has probably passed. The time to release such a game would have been back around when Winter Soldier was in theatres. Right now, I'm expecting him to get retired in Infinity War. Maybe there's a possibility for the next Cap.

Aotrs Commander
2019-03-13, 02:23 PM
Having now watched Captain Marvel, I can safely say I would be quite happy if Endgame contained about twenty minutes of set-up and then a good two solid hours of Carol just whaling on Thanos, while everyone else stands around and offers helpful advice, banters, cheers and/or has a beer. Maybe taking a turn now and again.

HolyDraconus
2019-03-13, 02:29 PM

Just to nitpick your nitpick, no one has EVER fought Sentry at 100%. Hes always been less than 50. Giving a guy using less than half his power a hard time doesn't sound all that impressive. And just like Superman, his upper limits is stupid, and we are just now getting glimpses of it.

Rater202
2019-03-13, 02:56 PM
I'd note that cap isn't technically outside of the Ultimate Universe(where he has enhanced strength and toughness and slowed but not halted aging) and the MCU (Where he has low levels every physical super-power.)

In the main comics, Cap is perfectly human. Which is to say, he's physiologically and genetically a perfect human and will passively return to this state. He will never die of natural causes and is immune to cancer and all genetic illnesses because his genetic code is perfect and perfectly repairs itself faster than it degrades. All of his bodily structures are perfect from the molecular level up.

This means that all of his physical and mental attributes are the peak of human potential--everything Cap does is something that any human can do if they applied themselves hard enough or something that is within the standard range of human ability.

What makes him special is that he has every physical and mental ability--strength, speed, intelligence, rate of healing, memory, sight, the rate that electrical signals travel through his nervous system, capacity to learn, literally everything--at the peak of human potential and it's effortless for him to maintain that when normal humans can only achieve one or two, if they're lucky, and often have to either be born that way or work their asses off to get there.

And, incidentally, Cap is known to have worked his ass off to be able to use his enhanced physical attributes to their fullest extent--he went through every training regimen the army had at the time and then some. It's explicitly pointed out once or twice that the Serum isn't anything compared to cap's training and Cap's determination.

So basically, a Cap game is your standard action hero protagonist but with a justification for how he can consistently do all of that action hero bullcrap.

LibraryOgre
2019-03-13, 03:29 PM
I'd note that cap isn't technically outside of the Ultimate Universe(where he has enhanced strength and toughness and slowed but not halted aging) and the MCU (Where he has low levels every physical super-power.)

In the main comics, Cap is perfectly human. Which is to say, he's physiologically and genetically a perfect human and will passively return to this state. He will never die of natural causes and is immune to cancer and all genetic illnesses because his genetic code is perfect and perfectly repairs itself faster than it degrades. All of his bodily structures are perfect from the molecular level up.

This means that all of his physical and mental attributes are the peak of human potential--everything Cap does is something that any human can do if they applied themselves hard enough or something that is within the standard range of human ability.

What makes him special is that he has every physical and mental ability--strength, speed, intelligence, rate of healing, memory, sight, the rate that electrical signals travel through his nervous system, capacity to learn, literally everything--at the peak of human potential and it's effortless for him to maintain that when normal humans can only achieve one or two, if they're lucky, and often have to either be born that way or work their asses off to get there.

And, incidentally, Cap is known to have worked his ass off to be able to use his enhanced physical attributes to their fullest extent--he went through every training regimen the army had at the time and then some. It's explicitly pointed out once or twice that the Serum isn't anything compared to cap's training and Cap's determination.

So basically, a Cap game is your standard action hero protagonist but with a justification for how he can consistently do all of that action hero bullcrap.

So, Cap is a Batman that has some justification for the bull**** he pulls off? :smallbiggrin:

comicshorse
2019-03-13, 03:38 PM
Just to nitpick your nitpick, no one has EVER fought Sentry at 100%. Hes always been less than 50. Giving a guy using less than half his power a hard time doesn't sound all that impressive. And just like Superman, his upper limits is stupid, and we are just now getting glimpses of it.

To nitpick your nitpick of his nitpick, I'd like to say World Breaker Hulk

Psyren
2019-03-13, 04:18 PM

^ This.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/9/95/Captain_Marvel_Vol_1_33.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20080621181306

CM going toe-to-toe with Thanos is nothing new. And as stated, Carol is stronger than Mar-Vell was.

HolyDraconus
2019-03-13, 04:22 PM
To nitpick your nitpick of his nitpick, I'd like to say World Breaker Hulk

Who also only fought less than 50% Sentry. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ch-kClEigf4/hqdefault.jpg is 100% Sentry. Or if you prefer, Merged Sentry. Who one shotted someone that literally had the previous Sentry's power. You know, the guy that fought Hulk? Who stalemated Galactus? That Captain Marvel gave some trouble to? He one shot him.

Traab
2019-03-13, 06:21 PM
Yeah. Ash can win arena fights by bull****ting (There was this one fight where Pikachu defeated a ground-type Pokémon immune to lightning by trying harder), but the only thing the Avengers would have to do is set up their own Top 8 fight and Ash/Thanos would wash out in round 3.

Or get Ash to move to a new country. Pretty good chances he'd store Thanos on a computer and never get him out again.

Yeah at least in the first season they kinda justified it as pikachu being supercharged by the power plant and basically nuking brocks pokemon with absurd energy. Plus back then I dont think the game was all that codified rules wise, sorta like early yugioh. But then in a later season he just straight up murders another rock type gym leaders pokemon then has to come back later to mop up because now his tail breaks rocks :p I think they were failling into the super pikachu mode a bit too much too be honest. And agreed on boxing up thanos and forgetting he ever existed. For a dude who loves all his pokemon and enjoys a deep bond of friendship, he tends to forget they exist as soon as he goes somewhere new. Im pretty sure that by now ash has his own safari zone just for the vast army of forgotten pokemon he has collected.

The Jack
2019-03-13, 06:47 PM
So, Cap is a Batman that has some justification for the bull**** he pulls off? :smallbiggrin:

You know I always thought that, even though he's human, Batman is the least realistic hero if you assume he actually worked for everything. I'd believe in Darksied before I'd believe in a natural batman. The guy's gotta be using his billionaire money for magic steroids and that thing from the matrix where he just downloads all the information, or something to those effects.

Traab
2019-03-13, 07:58 PM
You know I always thought that, even though he's human, Batman is the least realistic hero if you assume he actually worked for everything. I'd believe in Darksied before I'd believe in a natural batman. The guy's gotta be using his billionaire money for magic steroids and that thing from the matrix where he just downloads all the information, or something to those effects.

Yeah, I mean, he would basically have to do nothing but fight crime and train to have even a hope of maintaining his level of skill, not too mention adding in the laundry list of fields he is a master of. Im talking weight lifting, sparring, studying, researching, all this while fighting crime at night and recovering from injuries he does to himself. Im pretty sure an actual humans body would have fallen apart into a crippled mess just from overdoing it, ignoring all the injuries he takes in fights.

Rater202
2019-03-13, 08:17 PM
He has, on occasion, turned to various drugs or other enhancements to cope with his physical limits.

Venom? The Drug that Bane uses?

When that first came up in the 90s, it was just a designer steroid. Batman himself used it after he failed to save a young girl and decided that he needed to be better, only to become addicted to it and have to lock himself away to "detox" from it.

Bane's stuff was originally a custom, enhanced version of the drug.

Also, in the New 52 at least, there are deposits of the stuff that makes Lazarus Pits work all over Gotham--it's one of the many, many reasons why the Joker never stays dead.

It's possible(maybe even canon, I don't keep up with DC much) that some of that's in the Water supply and that's why people seem to recover from crippling injuries so quickly and easily except when the writers don't want them to.

Traab
2019-03-14, 07:22 AM
At one point I think he was considered "empowered by the bat totem" which probably allowed him to get into superior shape and maintain it easier.

Lvl 2 Expert
2019-03-15, 01:54 AM
Yeah. Ash can win arena fights by bull****ting (There was this one fight where Pikachu defeated a ground-type Pokémon immune to lightning by trying harder),

To be fair, that scene was slightly less ridiculous when it came out, before Rhydon got the ability to make people aim for his horn because that's how he absorbs and uses the electric attack.

(You might actually be talking about Onix, but that was the sprinklers right? Still ridiculous, but not as.)

Of course, I did meet someone very recently who was still convinced Rhydon was weak to electric attacks. Stupid Ash...

Kitten Champion
2019-03-15, 02:42 AM
I will say, the Pokemon anime got better with consistently following the mechanics of the game as it went on. The earliest stuff was content to suggest that guts and passion were more important than clever strategy and cool-headed judgement, but there's only so much you could do with that before it becomes dull. Especially compared to a kind of pseudo-arc they can repeatedly use over the seasons where Ash learns or devises new tactics over time, or catching more varied Pokemon because they could be interesting for battles rather than just straight marketability.

Granted, the tactics he can use in-universe are still far more flexible than what the games emulate, but the show's writers and the game designers are at least on the same page with things like the type match ups and how abilities are supposed to work.

Frozen_Feet
2019-03-15, 07:58 AM
I saw this thread's title before seeing the Captain Marvel movie, and was like "hmmm, does she fight him in the stinger or something?"

Then I saw the movie, observed there was no fight between the two there, and realized this thread is yet another round of complaining about movies that aren't out yet! Because you can't tell whether any of these so-called issues will be issues untill the movie is out.

Seriously, come the Hell on! None of Endgame's trailers even feature them fighting!

Delicious Taffy
2019-03-15, 08:44 AM
I saw this thread's title before seeing the Captain Marvel movie, and was like "hmmm, does she fight him in the stinger or something?"

Then I saw the movie, observed there was no fight between the two there, and realized this thread is yet another round of complaining about movies that aren't out yet! Because you can't tell whether any of these so-called issues will be issues untill the movie is out.

Seriously, come the Hell on! None of Endgame's trailers even feature them fighting!

Sorry, but if we don't start complaining and agonising before we get the relevant information, how do we even know we're alive?

Rater202
2019-03-15, 11:30 AM
I mean, Infinity War ended with Fury calling in Carol to help with Thanos right before succumbing to the Snap and the mid-credits scene is Carol showing up.

It's inevitable that they're gonna throw down, especially since Carol is the strongest super than the Avengers will have available to them unless they decide to Add Comic-Compliant PL Fantastic Four/Silver Surfer in End-Game and have them save the day out of nowhere.

I mean, the Movies Nerfed literally everyone but Carol.

Ramza00
2019-03-15, 11:42 AM
I mean, Infinity War ended with Fury calling in Carol to help with Thanos right before succumbing to the Snap and the mid-credits scene is Carol showing up.

Wong will show up from nowhere and save us :smalltongue: , it is literally in his power-set :smallwink:

The Glyphstone
2019-03-15, 11:46 AM
Wong will show up from nowhere and save us :smalltongue: , it is literally in his power-set :smallwink:

So Wong is Bob? (http://www.galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=530)

Ramza00
2019-03-15, 12:41 PM
So Wong is Bob? (http://www.galactanet.com/comic/view.php?strip=530)

Wong may not be "all"-knowing (but he is certainly knowing.) But I meant his power set with the sling rings is pretty much limited to his imagination.

We already know that Wong can cut off peoples limbs via him doing so against Cull Obsidian / Black Dwarf in Infinity War, literally removing a hand. We also seen similar feats where Strange teleported people Loki in Thor 3, and Banner in Infinity War. All you need is a gateway open, and some kinetic force such as gravity, existing motion, telekinesis, force, etc to push Thanos partly through the gateway and then close the gateway.
Now this requires Wong working with another Avenger to provide the force but so many Avengers can be a Hammer to Wong's Anvil. (The easiest one would be Scarlet Witch for she has telekinesis as part of her power set.)

Or you can use the Sling Rings as delivery mechanisms for extremely powerful single directional attacks. Vaporize Thanos via Surprise before he has a chance to react.

There is a reason why Stark decided to invite Wong to his wedding after Wong saved Stark's bacon.