PDA

View Full Version : Warlock/paladin of Tyranny gestalt feats

Morbius
2007-09-29, 07:23 AM
I am looking for good feats for a Warlock/paladin of Tyranny gestalt, so far I only know for sure I am going to take battle caster as a feat

Also the hidous blow incantation is a must 1st levels, but it allows only one attack each round, so I need something to replace that later on.

I would apreciate any help you people can give me.

Draz74
2007-09-29, 11:22 AM
I am looking for good feats for a Warlock/paladin of Tyranny gestalt, so far I only know for sure I am going to take battle caster as a feat

Also the hidous blow incantation is a must 1st levels, but it allows only one attack each round, so I need something to replace that later on.

Melee warlocks are hard to do decently. But if you're determined to try, then the Eldritch Glaive invocation from Dragon Magic is a must.

Battle Caster is a waste of a feat. So you can wear a Breastplate instead of a Chain Shirt now ... wow. 1 more AC. I guess once you can afford mithral, then you're wearing Mithral Full Plate instead of Mithral Breastplate. 3 more AC. Still not a great feat choice.

Ability Focus (Eldritch Blast) is a great choice for a warlock. Any time you add any kind of "essence" to your EB, the save DC vs. the essence is +2.

Mostly, if you're planning to be in melee a lot, I'd just stick with the feats a normal Paladin would get to be more effective in melee. Power Attack ... Spirited Charge ... that sort of thing.

edit: P.S. I like your avatar.

Collin152
2007-09-29, 01:35 PM

Nah, Hideous Blow isn't really good for anybody.
I'd help, but I know nothing of paladins, tyrannous or otherwise.

slexlollar89
2007-09-29, 05:49 PM
Improved Smite (or something similar) from complete divine
Charging Smite variant from PHBII
Devil's Sight Invocation (you are LE, and a pally, so this fits flavor-wise, but isn't too powerful on its own).

Azerian Kelimon
2007-09-29, 05:51 PM
Honestly? Take something other than normal Warlock. Homebrew if you must, but you are more or less playing a paladin of tyranny 1.25. The normal warlock is an utter waste.

slexlollar89
2007-09-29, 05:58 PM
If you wanted to be EVIL, then you could ask your DM to homebrew a feat like the ones in complete scoundrel that allow roue levels and (insert class) levels stack...

call it: Dark Champion, allows warlock levels and Pall of Tyranny levels to stack for determining smite and eld. blast damage. Must be LE.

then you are free to ghestalt with other evil classes...mwa ha ha ha!