PDA

View Full Version : Abilities that no mortal should have...

Ionsniper
2019-03-13, 01:01 AM
So let me start this off by saying that a game I played in was truly what you could call epic. It was based on D&D 3.5 and was we were all about lvl 25 to 28 if I remember correctly. We had powers and abilities that would put most fantasy anime's to shame. For example my character at lvl 25 could telekinetically control about 8 swords at the same time and could deal immense amounts of damage when they hit. I had a young adult Prismatic Dragon as my bonded mount as a Paladin, and could cast a full repertoire of wizard spells and tank with the best of the them with 1500hp or so that was restored every round as temp hit points, and around 3k hit points that was my regular HP pool. I hadn't even unlocked all the class abilities that I could gain at this point. SO needless to say it was an very high powered campaign. The thing was is we were just regular heroes in a world of heroes. We didn't even come close to being able to take on the higher powers, and I'm not even talking about the gods. The max level he said we could have reached was around 40, but thanks to a special ability I could go to 50, which was really rare and I had gained the ability too, and I was a Gish/gestalt. The only one of its kind in his world. That was my "unique" ability in his world.

So ' the thing that I'm asking help with. In his world there was a class called Psi Blade. It was the only class to what I can assume was two people in the entire world he created which he ran for 20 years in real life. He never elaborated on the abilities of Psi Blade but only said a few things about the class. That it was only ten levels and it was the only class that the originator of the class ever used, a multi colored God that was destined to destroy everything and fought so hard to not become what he was destined to be that he turned into the very thing he was trying to stop. Each level only had a single ability. Each ability was something so amazing that as you read down the list he said, it was going to make people go "WTF?, OMG!" Holy F******* S*****!, and so on and so forth with every ability you read. He never gave me information about what abilities it had. He had passed away before we could ever finish that campaign. So I'm coming here to ask for your help. I'm gonna make a list of things I think would be related to this class and based off that list I want your help to create these abilities that are missing. I want to hear your abilities that sound so stupidly overpowered and game breaking that would never make it into any reasonable campaign. So feel free to go wild with Ideas.

--- My first ability I created was no longer have any spell slots or points, you can just cast whatever you wanted, how powerful you wanted and had access to all magics available. There was no limit to spell casting at all, no limit on concentrations. This was the first one that I created that I felt would fit with the class.

--- Also looking for these in the form of 5e as thats what I'm building the class for.

So here are the basics of what I know about the class in general

---Psionic based powers based on elements. Earth was defense, Fire was DPS, Water Support, and Air divination. There was also White Psi but I also have no information on that.

---Telekinetic control was one of the base requirements of the start line with the class I played. Spell Blade, which had different abilities relating to bards, wizards, and fighters was primarily a melee based starting point.

---Spell Seer was the more caster based starting point which also had telekinetic's but also not much known beyond that other than needing to be a lvl 20 wizard/Mage for that.

---Psionics were available to everyone through trials that they could pass but could only take on 2 types depending on what trials they went through and Psi Blades needed all 4 types as well as White Psionics.

---The sky is the limit on these abilities as there was not much information to go on. This class would have been a top tier class that in 20 years of gaming no one had come close to achieving. He said I was on the path towards it by becoming a spell Blade but never told me much beyond that.

So feel free to pop in with your own OP abilities that I can add to my list and and lets see if we can create a list that would wow anyone that see's it.