PDA

View Full Version : PC idea, Santa Claus + Wario

DrKerosene
2019-03-14, 08:16 AM
Hello Playground, I was hoping some of you could provide any feedback or ideas you may have based on the idea of playing a Santa Claus character with a Wario aesthetic. Just for giggles instead of optimization, I’m not expecting the PC to survive very long.

Rock Gnome Lore Bard, Point Buy 13 12 14 12 12 14
-At level 4 I plan to take the Tavern Brawler feat to get strength to 14.
-I would like to use the Tinker Devices (as well as Jack Of All Trades, a wagon full of Tool Kits) and Magic Mouth to make a variety of “presents” and such (any novel ideas are welcome), some of which may end up being used as improvised weapons.

I’m trying to think of thematic Magical Secrets spells.
-Enlarge/Reduce may allow me to ride a clockwork bicycle with DM permission.
-Phantom Steed seems like a safer bet to have my PC “ride a motorcycle”.
-Spiritual Weapon reflavored to look like a motorcycle will probably be better than trying to use an enlarged clockwork bicycle as an improvised weapon.

Though Armor of Agathys and Blade Ward with some Hellish Rebukes (maybe out of bagpipes) might be a fun Nova-Tank thing to do while talking about “naughty lists”.

I can’t think of too many thematically christmasy Improvised Weapons other than maybe getting limited uses out of home-made candy-cane shivs or large hard nuts as thrown weapons.

The rest of the spells that I think might be thematic include:
0- Friends, Mending.
1- Animal Friendship, Disguise Self, Silent Image (low level “gas” clouds?).
2- Detect Thoughts, Invisibility, Knock, Silence.
3- Dispel Magic, Nondetection, Stinking Cloud.

Anyways, thanks for reading and have a good day.

BigPixie
2019-03-14, 10:26 AM
Sounds like you've got it pretty planned out and that you don't need our help. :smallbiggrin:

DrKerosene
2019-03-14, 08:29 PM
Sounds like you've got it pretty planned out and that you don't need our help. :smallbiggrin:

Well, it has recently occurred to me that if the DM allows me to pick the Animals (Reindeer) then Conjure Animals is also a potential Bardic Secret spell I could use.

But I figured greater minds than myself might be able to point out other spells or ideas that I’m still missing.