PDA

View Full Version : Easy bake spin off

cartejos
2019-03-14, 08:45 AM
I love the thought of the easy bake wizard, so I wanted to make one and wanted some suggestions.

First and foremost, my DM has told me that every spell I learn is considered mastered and I am considered to have spell mastery for any purpose. This is subject to change with too much cheese. Uncanny forethought does not qualify as too much cheese.

I wanted to take summon elemental, minor shapeshift, and a damaging reserve. To have a good at will utility, healing (with other bonuses), and damage.

Uncanny forethought is a must and greyhawk method with elven wizard learns 5 spells per level, plus trans domain spells.

I have free feats at 1, W5, 15, 18.

I was thinking going incantatrix after wiz5, eating both of my early free feats and giving 4 metamagic.

Generalist 5/incantatrix 10/??? 5
F: greyhawk method
1: iron will
3: winter's chill
W5: meta
6: uncanny forethought
Inc1, 4, 7, 10 meta
9: summon elemental
12: minor shapeshift
15:
18:

Any suggestion on last 5 levels?
No Nexus method or spontaneous divinations
No magical locations, prereq feats have to be in feats slots

Also, tangent, I'd likely sacrifice a decent portion of this build if there were a way to get free silent/still/eschew at will

Zaq
2019-03-14, 09:51 AM
Eschew Materials is just a feat, so just take it if you really want it.

The least cheesy way I know to get free Still on every spell ever is that PrC from Races of Stone, either runesmith or runecaster. I forget which it is because the names are so similar. But the runewhatever is that dwarf-based PrC that requires arcane casting and heavy armor proficiency and then lets you scribe all your spells as runes with no somatic component. Sounds like being an elf is important to you, so you’ll have to figure out if that’s worth it, but I think it’s cool. There are a small number of PrCs that grant heavy armor proficiency and advance casting at level 1, so you don’t have to necessarily lose spell advancement.

Wu jen can permanently Still or permanently Silent one specific (chosen) spell every few levels, but it’s a pretty disappointingly small number. You can throw feats at getting more of these, but to be honest, I wouldn’t.

Malphegor
2019-03-14, 10:35 AM
Eschew Materials is just a fear, so just take it if you really want it.

The least cheesy way I know to get free Still on every spell ever is that PrC from Races of Stone, either runesmith or runecaster. I forget which it is because the names are so similar. But the runewhatever is that dwarf-based PrC that requires arcane casting and heavy armor proficiency and then lets you scribe all your spells as runes with no somatic component.

Runesmith is the Dwarf-focused arcane one you're thinking of.

Runecaster is the Any Race (but super fits Dwarfs imo) Divine spellcasting prc that is pretty dang good at making mundane items magic, depending on your initial divine class spell list.

Telonius
2019-03-14, 11:20 AM
Also, tangent, I'd likely sacrifice a decent portion of this build if there were a way to get free silent/still/eschew at will

I'm thinking something along the lines of a Shadowcraft Mage could do this. The class feature "Silent Illusion" does what it says on the tin, and if you take Arcane Thesis on Silent Image you can essentially get a free Still on it as well. Since your Heightened Silent Images are mimicking Shadow Conjuration/Evocation spells, neither of which has a somatic component, you don't need Eschew. This would cover most of the spells you'd be casting regularly (every spell from the Illusion and Evocation schools, and a pretty big chunk of Conjuration). So to pull this off you'd need: Spell Focus (Illusion) to qualify for the PrC, Heighten Spell, Still Spell, and Arcane Thesis. (Earth Sense and Earth Spell as well if you're going all-out Killer Gnome).

MeimuHakurei
2019-03-14, 11:57 AM
Collegiate Wizard does what Greyhawk Method does, except instead of giving you so-so bonus feats for your 5th Level, you get to start with three additional spells and a +2 bonus to Knowledge (arcana). Maybe you want that feat at first level.

Anthrowhale
2019-03-14, 07:28 PM
I'd suggest taking Uncanny Forethought at level 1---it's very good.

If you can take flaw, then add another to pick up Versatile Spellcaster also at level 1, qualifying via Uncanny Forethought. This allows you to trade cantrips for more L1 spells, but it gets better...

Then take Iron Will at level 3.

At level 5 take Silent Spell. Combined with Versatile Spellcaster, you can cast any spell Silent at the cost of 2 slots.

At level 6, take Eschew materials and Still Spell from Incantatrix. Now you can Eschew Materials on all spells and either Still or Silent each spell.

cartejos
2019-03-14, 07:49 PM
Replying from mobile so I'm sorry to not quote individuals in my responses.

Race is locked as elf, for the generalist substitution. So no rune-thingy or shadowcraft mage.

Collegiate wizard is good, except for the fact that that it only works for wizard levels and not prc levels.