PDA

View Full Version : Uses for limited wish

Mrark
2019-03-14, 07:20 PM
Hi everyone! So, now my semi-diety barbarian orc is granted LIMITED wish 1/day (payed by the orcs who recognise him as “the Messiah” (yes, it’s a long story)) as a special ability. I know all the RAW uses for it (about spellcasting) but I don’t know what could be a potential “other effect whose power level is in line with the above effects, such as a single creature automatically hitting on its next attack or taking a -7 penalty on its next saving throw“.
Surprise me with some similiar effects :D

Jack_Simth
2019-03-14, 07:29 PM
It can revive outsiders, and there are a lot of status effects that specifically call out Limited Wish for fixing them.

Mostly, though, that clause is for encouraging creativity, and the only one who gets to say what it can and can't do is the DM.

Silva Stormrage
2019-03-15, 02:56 PM
I mean if you get it 1/day for free without spending XP then the best uses for that clause would be things that you can do in downtime that carry over.

Maybe using limited wish to recharge charged items, build/enchant strongholds that sort of thing. Does your campaign have a lot of downtime and what does your character really want?

ezekielraiden
2019-03-15, 06:38 PM
Given Limited Wish is 7th level, let 8th level spells guide you for stuff that is too much, and shoot lower than that. I definitely second the "Do durable things" suggestion. Use it to create objects, or to complete crafting at an accelerated rate, or the like. Let it build for you good, durable benefits. And if you find you DO need it during the day, hey, it didn't cost you anything.

Jack_Simth
2019-03-15, 08:46 PM
You can make stuff from nothing, if you can make Craft checks. Duplicate Fabricate. The materials are a material component, and you only need to provide that if it would be over 1,000 gp... which means you can make stuff valued at 3k. Assuming that it is not a spell-like, in which case, all bets are off.

Torpin
2019-03-16, 12:21 AM
please make sure you say "i limited wish for..." whenever you use it